Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I'll give you advice for free.

As a family, sit down and decide on some schools your son would be interested in. Education and athletically. Be realistic when doing so. Example, if he is a part time player on varsity, the Big VII is probably out the the question.

Once the list is complete, have your son go to the library and gather address, phone numbers, etc. Have him write a letter to express his interest in particular school. Short simple and sweet.

Include a schedule with coaches names and numbers. Summer and high school.

After letters are mailed out, call coach from each school of contact and verbally express interest.

It can all be done with the cost of envelopes and stationary.

Good luck!
I used it for my son. Lots of contacts, but in the end no real offers or interest from contacts through NCSA. Most offers and interest came from MSL and other summer tournaments. As a general rule, most of the colleges that contacted him through NCSA were D2, NAIA, and JUCO Most were out of TX as well.

The service does provide a concise location for a lot of value recruiting information, but all the information is available without paying the fee through NCSA. I dont regret paying for the service, but probably would not do it again knowing what I know now.
It's still early and there will be a lot of names mentioned. But one name floated has been Texarkana College coach Will Bolt. Bolt played and coached at Nebraska. With the move to the Big 10, along with the support of the program and facilities, it is an attractive job where someone will be able to put a lot of wins up quickly. Brian O’Connor, Virginia and Ed Servais, Creighton have also been mentioned. Servais won't leave the school he played at with the new CWS park for the Nebraska job though. Scott Stricklin, Kent State, Mark Kingston, Illinois State, have also been mentioned. My bet is O'Connor...big pay increase and he's an Omaha boy.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.