Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

PABaseball posted:
D.C. Baseball posted:

A few years back, I recall a couple of teams having 40 players signing.

That's not possible 

D2 has different rules, though I'm not as well versed in them as D1.  I know there is no minimum like the 25% in D1.  Maybe a D2 school?  I honestly don't know.

RJM - Often even if kids do stay at a P5 as a senior, they understand there may not be athletic money left as it is being utilized to bring in new players.  All part of the deal in many cases.

9and7dad posted:
PABaseball posted:
D.C. Baseball posted:

A few years back, I recall a couple of teams having 40 players signing.

That's not possible 

D2 has different rules, though I'm not as well versed in them as D1.  I know there is no minimum like the 25% in D1.  Maybe a D2 school?  I honestly don't know.

RJM - Often even if kids do stay at a P5 as a senior, they understand there may not be athletic money left as it is being utilized to bring in new players.  All part of the deal in many cases.

D2's only have 9 scholly's.....doubtful they split that up 40 ways.....and even if they did to have 40 in one signing period is virtually impossible.

9and7dad posted:

The scholarships are guaranteed so the money will still be there, the coaches will just tell players they aren't going to make the team or see much playing time. At that point the player has a decision to make. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.