Skip to main content

Folks,
I need your help with my decision. I have a baseball Scholarship offer from North Central (Gainsville) and one from Grayson Community College (Sherman/Denison). Who's the best coach to play for etc. fairness, direction, orgainization, talent, exposure? Sidenote: Coach Harp is taking over for Coach Darwin at NCTC. Both coaches seem very good. Coach Tadlock (GCC) has an outstanding record. If possible I would like to hear from ex-players.
Regards,
Southpaw
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Scott Harp played HS Baseball at Duncanville and his dad is Jim Harp the former DBU coach. Scott has been at NCTC as an assistant for at least the last 5 years.

He is a quality man and runs a quality program.

fan43, you are right, one of my players transferred to Grayson and got the screws put to him. He may be the best pure talent that I have ever coached.
Last edited by govols
I know both of these programs and coaches pretty well, and I believe they both do a great job! Every coach out there has had ex-players that did not like what happened to them. To use one or two examples to paint a broad stroke over Grayson and Tadlock is unfair IMO. His record, success rate, and his ability to place his players is exceptional. Only time will tell how Harp will do....but I wouldn't vote against him. These are two of the finest JC programs that the country has to offer!!!!
I believe its more than one or two examples. How many players did he place this season. I would hate to see Graysons team GPA this season. It would be horrible.Like I said before check and see how many players are comin back next season. Like I said when players don't come back after you go to the World Series something is bad wrong.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.