So how is the battlefield district this year, the season has begun for some and others are getting started with this brutal weather.  How is everyone and what is the outlook.

Spotsylvania- has some nice bats returning, coming off a state run, but lost alot in pitching not sure how they will do

Caroline- returns alot of a young players from last years team but lost player of the year catacher/pitcher Matt Carter

Eastern View- returns alot from last year after beating chancellor in the championship.

Chancellor- returns a fair amount from last years runner up team including one of the best arms in the district in Zuna.

Courtland-returns a solid squad from last year including probably the best arm in the district in Kobersteen and a solid bad in Lawson but we will see if they can get over the hump. 

King George-Lost alot last year and it will be tuff to replace the senior loaded team of last year, but as always KG is competitive and tuff. 

James Monroe- They have gotten more competitive over the years but for some reason a school full of athletes still won't come out to baseball, we will see how they end up. 

If I heard correctly maybe someone can get this better then me, but here are some scores already:

Courtland over Riverbend 6-5

EV over Culpeper 6-5

Spotsy over Culpeper 11-6

Brooke point over KG 11-10

Brooke Point over chancellor 10-4

Garfield over JM 10-0

"Baseball is like breathing, you need it to live" Go WAHOOS!!!!!
Original Post

From last night:

Spotsy over Orange 7-2

Hermatige over Caroline 4-2

Colonial Beach over Courtland 4-2 (Conner Lutz (CB) with a 3 run HR)

thanks for sharing, I was able to read it and for those that can't basically it said it has a prediction and shared some insight on each team:

Predicted Order of Finish: 1. Spotsylvania, 2. Eastern View, 3. Courtland, 4. King George, 5. Caroline, 6. Chancellor, 7. James Monroe

Player of the Year: Zach Thomas, Eastern View

Pitcher of the Year: Alex Kobersteen, Courtland 

Tonight I heard some final scores:

EV 9 over Liberty 3

Culpeper 2 over Courtland 1

Wash & Lee 11 over JM 5

MV 8 over KG 0

Spotsy 8 over Warren 4

Not sure if anyone else moved games from Tues to Monday. 

I think this is correct for games expected to be played today 3/27 ? Not sure about rest of the week as rain expected wed and possibly thursday in the area

Caroline at Spotsy

EV at KG

Colonial Beach at Courtland

Chancellor at JM

So games Tuesday

Spotsy 6 over Caroline 0

EV 0 KG 0 suspended in 4th 

From what I was told with the two games that were suspended they start where they leave off and pitch count is in effect so if the teams play thursday some pitchers might not have had the amount of rest needed and might not be eligible. 

right arm of zeus posted:

From what I was told with the two games that were suspended they start where they leave off and pitch count is in effect so if the teams play thursday some pitchers might not have had the amount of rest needed and might not be eligible. 

Both KG and Courtland have regular scheduled season games on Thursday (KG @ Caroline and JM @ Courtland).

Last edited by FFXfireman

Correct.  KG is scheduled to play at Caroline on 3/29 (5 pm).  At this time the continuation of last night's game (KG vs EV) has not been noted on the schedule.

Here’s tonight’s results.

KG over Caroline 5-1

Courtland over JM 13-3

Spotsy over Chancellor 5-2

EV didn’t play.

FFXfireman posted:
“There is a rumor that has Colonial Beach @ Courtland continuing on Friday. More to follow...”

Bad rumor.

The only game played Friday or Saturday to my knowledge in Old Battlefield was:

Spotsy over Fluvanna 11-10.  It was 11-3 going into the bottom of the 7th, where Fluvanna got 7 runs in.

Finished the 3/27 rain delayed Colonial Beach @ Courtland last night:

Colonial Beach over Courtland 2-1 with both pitchers (Lutz & Kobersteen) throwing 11 Ks.

The only game I see being played tonight is Courtland traveling to Massaponax.

So from what I gathered this is the schedule for today and tomorrow?

4/12 

KG at Spotsy

Caroline at Courtland

JM at EV

4/13

EV  at Culpeper

Chancellor at Courtland

Massaponax at Spotsy

From tonight:

Chancellor over Caroline 10-8

Eastern View over Spotsy 4-0

Patrick Henry over KG 12-1

On tap for tomorrow:

Spotsy @ Courtland 4:30

JM @ Caroline 5:00

Chancellor @ EV 6:00

Courtland over Spotsy 5-4

EV over Chancellor 14-11

Caroline over JM 14-4

On tap Friday:

JM @ Colonial Beach

EV @ Liberty

Don't count on it.   The last weather forecast I saw is calling for rain beginning tonight (4/23), go all day Tuesday and be out of the area around mid-day Wednesday.  More showers in the forecast for Friday.

Tonight’s action

Rappahannock over JM 16-5

Courtland over Chancellor 16-7

We shall see if any games get played Tuesday.

Ok then, it looks like today was a bust.

EV vs Caroline was postponed to 4/30

KG vs JM was postponed to 4/27

I don’t see anything for Wednesday, so coming up Thursday:

JM @ Chancellor

Spotsy @ Caroline

Courtland @ Mountain View

KG @ EV

From the FLS this morning.  I’m not 100% on the accuracy, considering it’s by W/L and not points.

Team - District - Overall

EV - 6-0 - 10-3

Courtland - 5-2 - 7-7

Caroline - 3-3 - 4-9

Spotsy - 3-3 - 10-4

KG - 2-4 - 4-8

Chancellor - 2-4 - 2-8

JM - 0-5 - 0-10

This is the week as far as I see.

Monday

EV @ Caroline

Courtland @ Riverbend

Tuesday

Courtland @ JM

Caroline @ KG

EV @ Liberty

Chancellor @ Spotsy

Thursday

EV @ Courtland (this is always a good one)

JM @ Spotsy

Colonial Beach @ Caroline

KG @ Chancellor

Here is the way I understand things, not every district has a district tournament, but battlefield does and whom ever wins the battlefield district tournament gets a automatic 1 or 3 seed in the region, everything else goes towards power points in the regional standings. So no matter a team is 10-10 or 20-0 if they win the tournament they are automatically a 1 or 3 seed in the region.  No one is posting power points its hard to find. Our Region has 5 districts. We have, Caroline, Courtland, EV, Chancellor, KG, Dinwiddie, Hanover, Patrick Henry (Ashland), Huguenot, Louisa, Midlo, Monacan, Powhatan. Region seeding (1-4 get a bye) (12/13 play in game), 5-12 first round playoffs.  

results from yesterday:

Courtland 6 EV 4 

Spotsy 8 JM 3

Not sure if anyone is playing today or not.

Next week is a big week and should determine alot.  Right now top 4 are 1) EV 2) Court 3) spotsy 4) KG for district tourney 

KG's remaining schedule:

Friday May 4 - at Chancellor

Tuesday May 8 -  vs Spotsylvania

Thursday May 10 - at Courtland

Friday May 11 - vs JM

According to the FLS, these are the standings through the games on Thursday, May 3.

This does not take into account last nights Chancellor over KG 2-1 and Colonial Beach over Caroline 10-5.

F32E4AB2-C2FE-4127-9908-E4A0A2ED96E2

Attachments

Images (1)

The rest of the regular season for Courtland is:

Tuesday, 5/8 @ Caroline

Thursday, 5/10 vs KG (Courtland Senior Night)

Tuesday, 5/15 @ Spotsy

EV remaining schedule:

5/8 at JM

5/10 at Spotsy

5/12 (Sat) at Chancellor

5/14 vs Caroline 

Chancellor Remaining Schedule:

5/7 Brooke Point

5/8 Massaponax

5/10 at Caroline

5/12 EV 

From last night:

Courtland over KG: 3-2 (B9 walkoff)

Spotsy over EV: 4-2

Caroline leading Chancellor 10-2 T4 when postponed for rain

Tonight

JM @ KG

Spotsy @ Caroline

Friday results:

Spotsy over Caroline: 8-2

KG over JM: 5-3

Today:

EV @ Chancellor

Monday:

Courtland @ Spotsy

Caroline @ EV

I believe the top three spots are up for grabs between EV, Courtland and Spotsy. Not sure when Chancellor @ Caroline will be finished, but I think that needs to be done by Tuesday.

Chancellor over EV: 7-2

With that (according to my math), EV has dropped out of consideration for the top spot in the Battlefield.

The #1 spot will go to the winner of Monday’s Courtland at Spotsy game.

Chart below from FLS does not include the EV @ Chancellor game and Caroline @ Chancellor from Thursday is still incomplete.

7DE93501-9777-4AE0-A7E8-120FE6138455

Attachments

Images (1)

Note - KG had a double header (5 innings each) with JM on Friday.   Both games won by KG.  Game 1 score 5-3.   Game 2 score 2-0.

The way I have it with tie breakers included, the spotsy and courtland game today is only going to determine is spotsy the 2 seed or 3 seed and courtland is the regular season champions. 

Spotsy losses to KG, EV and Court

Court losses to Car., EV

EV losses to Spotsy, Court and chance.  

Tie breaker would go to district record, then record vs highest seeds, So since all three split against each other (if courtland losses and EV wins today) EV lost to 4 seed chancellor, which knocks them out, Spotsy losses to KG the #5 seed which would knock them out so Courtland is regular season champ and spotsy #3 seed because of loss to court, #2 seed if they win as they own tie breaker vs EV. Chancellor is the 4 seed 

That is the way I understand it, if my logic is wrong ok as I am not sure nor has anyone confirmed this but that is the way I understand it

Here is your regional power points ( i am pretty sure up to date)

Powhatan 6.176 #2 seed in region

Patrick Henry 5.5 #4 seed in region

Louisa 5.444 (could be #1 seed in region if spotsy wins battlefield tourney) otherwise could be #3

EV 5.25 (best finish 4.9, worst finish 4.55) Could be #1 seed if win BF tourney, could be #3 if spotsy wins BF tourney) otherwise could be 5 or 6 seed)

Hanover 4.71

Dinwiddie 4.56

Courtland 4.53 (best finish 4.65, worst finish 4.53) Could be #1 seed if win BF tourney otherwise could be middle seed)

Midlothian 4.39

Huegonot 4.0

Chancellor 2.88 (still has suspended game with caroline if win that 3.11 if lose 2.72) could be #1 seed if win BF tourney, otherwise will be bottom half seed around 8-10seed)

KG 2.38 (if beat JM 2x this past weekend then 2.88)

Monocan 2.0

Caroline 1.88 (not sure what will happen with suspended game, but if beat EV 2.166, if lose 1.77)

Regional Bracket looks like this, top seed host game

12/13 play in game to see who plays 5 seed ,11 vs 6, 10 vs 7, 8 vs 9 (1-4 get bye) 

Round 2  1 vs 8/9, 2 vs 7/10, 3 vs 6/11, 4 vs 5/12 and so on....

I hope this helps some things. Alot of things to play out but picture is getting clearer.

I hope this helps some things. Alot of things to play out but picture is getting clearer.

I’m dizzy already. I guess I’ll just wait until later tonight or tomorrow when a majority of the “ifs” are resolved!

I miss the good old days, LOL... I just hope the possibility of thunderstorms stay away so teams can play. 

Not likely.   Pretty hefty line of thunderstorms from northern Maryland well in to central Virginia heading in a southeasterly direction.   According to the weather channel the Fredericksburg area will be impacted around 7: 45 pm (maybe earlier as the line is picking up speed).  Depending on what time the game is schedueled to start they may get it in. Hard to say.

Courtland @ Spotsy was postponed for weather. FLS has that it will be played tomorrow, but I can’t find confirmation. (EDIT: Confirmed, 5/15 at 6 pm)

I haven’t heard about Caroline @ EV, but given the weather I heard that went through Culpeper, I’ll bet it was called too.

Just received confirmation that Courtland @ Spotsy is still on for 6:00 tonight despite school being cancelled.

Havent seen anything about Caroline @ EV.

EV vs Caroline will not be made up, Caroline is finishing a game vs Chancellor today, I believe Caroline was winning 10-2 in the 4th inning. not sure if it impacts top 4 seeds or not.

the weather is not looking good for the tournament 

Last Night: Spotsy 10, Courtland 0

Today (allegedly) begins the District Tourney at Courtland:

#2 Spotsy vs #3 EV

#1 Courtland vs #4 Chancellor

I'm hearing that that the first game is at 4:30 and the second game is 30 minutes after the first game finishes... weather permitting.

As of 5/16 here are regional seedings (some of richmond schools still are playing)

1-Louisa, 2-Powhatan, 3-EV, 4 Patrick Henry

5-Dinwiddie, 6-hanover, 7-Courtland, 8-Midlo, 9-Huegonot, 10-KG, 11-Chance, 12 Monocan, 13-Caroline.

Monday is

12v13 

Tues is

5 vs 12/13, 6v11, 7v10, 8v9

Thursday is 

1v8/9, 2v7/10, 3v 6/11, 4v 5/(12/13)

Tues is 

(1v8/9) VS (4v5/12)      (3v6/11) VS (2v7/10) 

Thursday is Regional Final

The ones that can still move up or down is if there are games played this week (Hanover could be 5,6,7), (Dinwiddie could be 5/6, (Midlothian could be 6/7/8) (Courtland 6/7/8) everyone else is pretty solid where they are.

Last edited by right arm of zeus

Courtland did indeed seed #7 and they play #10 KG on Tuesday afternoon at Courtland. Not sure how the rest shook out.

Caroline lost to Dinwiddie 14-0 Dinwiddie now plays Patrick Henry

KG at Courtland was supsended 2 batters in the game will be made up today

Chancellor 0 at Hanover 2 game suspended in 4th game will be made up today

Midlothian beat Hugenot 11-0 Midlo now plays Louisa

Also finished last night from the delay on Tuesday is Hanover over Chancellor, 5-0.

Only 2 remaining teams from Battlefield. Both play at 6pm tonight:

#7 Courtland @ #3 Powhatan

#6 Hanover @ #2 Eastern View

With Courtlands 17-1 loss to Powhatan and EVs 5-1 loss to Hanover tonight, all Battlefield District teams are now out of the postseason.

Again, my apologies.

In the 3B Regionals:

Spotsy over Manassas Park - 5-1

Spotsy faces William Monroe on Tuesday at Home.

Jon Rivard hit a walk off home run to edge Spotsy over William Monroe 2-1 last night.

Spotsy hosts Brentsville on Thursday for the Regional finals.

Wow, thats awesome... I heard there were alot of good games last night and I guess Dinwiddie will play Powhatan in the regional final for 4A our region

In a game postponed to the next day in the 4th, Brentsville topped Spotsy 6-3 in the Region 3B Final.

Spotsy plays at 3A #1 seed Hopewell on Tuesday in the State Quarterfinals.

In Conference 4 State play, Tuesday (thanks to @NVBaseballMag for the info):

4B#1 Dinwiddie faces 4A#2 Jamestown

4A#1 Grafton faces 4B#2 Powhatan

4C#1 Fauquier faces 4D#2 Amherst

4D#1 Salem faces 4C#2 Woodgrove

I can't believe 3 of the #1 seeds got upset, LCA, Louisa and Riverside, the only #1 seed to make it was Grafton who won their region.  My belief is that this year the state championship will be Powhatan and Salem, with Fauquier being a darkhorse.

Here's the scoop

Class 3:

Brentsville District over York 4-1
Spotsy over Hopewell 5-2

Fluvanna over Northside 5-1
Abington over Western Albermarle 6-3

Class 4:

Jamestown over Dinwiddie 7-3
Grafton over Powhatan 3-0

Fauquier over Amherst County 3-2
Salem over Woodgrove 7-2

Spotsy over Brentsville: 8-6