Skip to main content

So how is the battlefield district this year, the season has begun for some and others are getting started with this brutal weather.  How is everyone and what is the outlook.

Spotsylvania- has some nice bats returning, coming off a state run, but lost alot in pitching not sure how they will do

Caroline- returns alot of a young players from last years team but lost player of the year catacher/pitcher Matt Carter

Eastern View- returns alot from last year after beating chancellor in the championship.

Chancellor- returns a fair amount from last years runner up team including one of the best arms in the district in Zuna.

Courtland-returns a solid squad from last year including probably the best arm in the district in Kobersteen and a solid bad in Lawson but we will see if they can get over the hump. 

King George-Lost alot last year and it will be tuff to replace the senior loaded team of last year, but as always KG is competitive and tuff. 

James Monroe- They have gotten more competitive over the years but for some reason a school full of athletes still won't come out to baseball, we will see how they end up. 

If I heard correctly maybe someone can get this better then me, but here are some scores already:

Courtland over Riverbend 6-5

EV over Culpeper 6-5

Spotsy over Culpeper 11-6

Brooke point over KG 11-10

Brooke Point over chancellor 10-4

Garfield over JM 10-0

"Baseball is like breathing, you need it to live" Go WAHOOS!!!!!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

thanks for sharing, I was able to read it and for those that can't basically it said it has a prediction and shared some insight on each team:

Predicted Order of Finish: 1. Spotsylvania, 2. Eastern View, 3. Courtland, 4. King George, 5. Caroline, 6. Chancellor, 7. James Monroe

Player of the Year: Zach Thomas, Eastern View

Pitcher of the Year: Alex Kobersteen, Courtland 

Tonight I heard some final scores:

EV 9 over Liberty 3

Culpeper 2 over Courtland 1

Wash & Lee 11 over JM 5

MV 8 over KG 0

Spotsy 8 over Warren 4

Not sure if anyone else moved games from Tues to Monday. 

right arm of zeus posted:

From what I was told with the two games that were suspended they start where they leave off and pitch count is in effect so if the teams play thursday some pitchers might not have had the amount of rest needed and might not be eligible. 

Both KG and Courtland have regular scheduled season games on Thursday (KG @ Caroline and JM @ Courtland).

Last edited by FFXfireman

Here is the way I understand things, not every district has a district tournament, but battlefield does and whom ever wins the battlefield district tournament gets a automatic 1 or 3 seed in the region, everything else goes towards power points in the regional standings. So no matter a team is 10-10 or 20-0 if they win the tournament they are automatically a 1 or 3 seed in the region.  No one is posting power points its hard to find. Our Region has 5 districts. We have, Caroline, Courtland, EV, Chancellor, KG, Dinwiddie, Hanover, Patrick Henry (Ashland), Huguenot, Louisa, Midlo, Monacan, Powhatan. Region seeding (1-4 get a bye) (12/13 play in game), 5-12 first round playoffs.  

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.