Skip to main content

Dear Kenny,

Sox are starting to live up to their expectations for this year.

Anderson is not ready in centerfield. I know you don't get excited about a home run or two from him when you see 25 other at bats that are absolutely HORRIBLE.

Too, we know, as Sox fans, that there is no love lost for any former Cubbie, except Garland (thanks for the #1 pick, Cub fans); but, please, get us a journeyman centerfielder for this year and let Brian get another year under his belt in AAA.

Brian may be a fine player down the road, but he is not ready for MLB at this time.

Saw that Corey Patterson is at .286 with Baltimore. Consider him as an option. Sammy is available but he can't play centerfield, although he likely can hit a "hon run" or two.

jp
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by BeenthereIL:
Dear Kenny,

Sox are starting to live up to their expectations for this year.

Anderson is not ready in centerfield. I know you don't get excited about a home run or two from him when you see 25 other at bats that are absolutely HORRIBLE.

Too, we know, as Sox fans, that there is no love lost for any former Cubbie, except Garland (thanks for the #1 pick, Cub fans); but, please, get us a journeyman centerfielder for this year and let Brian get another year under his belt in AAA.

Brian may be a fine player down the road, but he is not ready for MLB at this time.

Saw that Corey Patterson is at .286 with Baltimore. Consider him as an option. Sammy is available but he can't play centerfield, although he likely can hit a "hon run" or two.

jp

I believe they will stick with Anderson until his bat becomes a problem. If the rest of the lineup keeps coming through they can carry him for awhile to see if he can get it going with the bat. From what I've seen, he appears to be a good defensive outfielder. Goes back real well on the ball and has deceptive speed, just seems to glide to the ball. Makes things look easy. Haven't really seen how he throws.

You've got to be kidding about Patterson. Don't need a 'tude problem from the northside.
quote:
Btw, Been what in the world makes you think he can't play center? He makes catches that Rowand made look difficult look routine by comparison. Best jump on the ball in the AL!

Sox...Apparently you didn't see the Detroit series in Detroit. I can honestly say that you're the first person in the world that suggested that Brian Anderson gets the "best jump on the ball in the AL!" Does that make up for his woeful average and hamburger-like at bats?

I like Hawk and DJ, but what would you expect them to say about Anderson considering that they are White Sox employees? That he sucks?

He'll be fine down the road...I agree with you. But he's not ready for major league pitching now. Wait 'til they see him a second and third time around the league. Won't be pretty.
why dont we stop ripping on anderson...all i hear these days is people hating anderson...well i tell u what..Anderson has to play a very important role for the sox especially after losing Rowand for Thome..There is alot of pressure on this man...Who hasnt freckin had some trouble some point threw the season?????? give the man some time to adjust, then start hating..
Give him some time...it 20 some games into the season. He's tied for the league lead in OF assists, has zero errors and has a higher OBP than Torri Hunter. If the sox were below .500 I think it might be an issue but they are not.
No one can seriously think that Sammy or Corey Patterson would be better? At least the Southside CF can get a throw home without a double cut.
From a GM's standpoint it's too early to tell on Anderson, being not even a month into the season. Sending him down this early could be a "bad" message to send to your players especially since he basically said this is my guy when he traded Rowand for Thome. Plus, if he's going to learn, he might as well learn from some of the best an they're located in the White Sox dugout!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.