Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by iheartbb:
It's not too late to plant some pink bulbs in her memory, as the lovely pink hue emerges in the spring, find yourself inspired to pay her kindness forward.

I'm posting this because I know Mary Ann is looking down on us and she just expects me to do this...this is for you Mary Ann!

I've planted all of 'em iheartbb, but every time I water them all I get is a loud sputtering sound followed by brilliant pink flashes. Am I perhaps doing something wrong?

We love you Mary Ann!

Last edited by gotwood4sale
I am so sad to read about sweet Mary Ann's death. So many thoughts are running through my head. I remember when she had her first symptoms and how humbly she always asked for our prayers as she faced each battle. At least now she is at peace in our Father's arms.

AJ....
Your Mom was your biggest fan and so incredibly proud of the man you had become both on and off the field. As I'm sure you already know, she loved you deeply and that love had nothing to do with baseball. Keep your faith and continue to trust that God is in control. You're in our prayers.
Last edited by TxMom
Mary Ann is especially missed during this holiday season, when she brought extra joy to her friends and family with her humor and thoughtfulness.

I wanted to let you all know that in a few days we will be moving this memorial thread to the Ladies Lounge, where it will remain pinned at the top of the forum. I didn't want anyone to think that it had disappeared. Mary Ann will always be with us, in our fond memories and in our hearts.

Julie
Last edited by MN-Mom
BOF,

The very first PM I ever received here - I'm guessing about 8 or 9 years ago, long before I had any idea I would one day own and administer this site - was from Mary Ann.

I had posted kind of a "stupid question" and had gotten some replies that were a little rough, and she was sending me words of encouragement. She told me not to worry, just to take the good and ignore the rest, and made me feel that I was not the first person who had ever asked a dumb question here. Smile

I sure do miss Mary Ann.

Julie

Sometimes I come to this thread to run through the posts remembering Mary Ann. I, like many, received messages from her that were of great help and comfort when I was just starting out here.

I now come to look through the names of all the posters who left messages...some whom I haven't spoken to in many years...........is that the proof of what kind of person that Mary Ann was?

When we leave this earth it will not matter how much money we made or how nice a home we had nor how many possessions we acquired. 

It will matter to those whose hearts we managed to touch along the way. 

Ive come to believe that the value of a person is in what they give and not in what they receive. 

People are drawn to those who can lead selflessly and whose motivation and concern can never be questioned.

Coming up on what?.....5 years now?

And I still struggle with the Masters plan.........

There are times that I catch myself thinking of her, and how her family is doing. The same with others that posted here no longer with us.

I find recently so many people down on those of us that have been here for a long time, but IMO they just don't understand how much we all cared about our players and each other. 

Thank you !

piaa_ump and TPM,

Just like you, from time to time I think of Mary Ann without knowing where the thought came from.

When I first posted on this site so many years ago (more than a decade), a few of the first responses I received were a little abrupt, even intimidating. I felt slightly uncomfortable, wondering if I should be embarrassed about how I had phrased my questions.

Who was the first person to ease my mind? Of course it was Mary Ann, sending a private message to assure me that my questions were very common for newcomers, etc.  We went on to become "real cyber friends", and thru Mary Ann I also became friends with some moms here who have become my "real in-person friends", flying cross country once in a while to share stories and laughs and sometimes tears.

Mary Ann, we miss you!

Julie

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.