Skip to main content

Hold On!!! This was a joke?  I'm moving my family to Aussie to get ahead of the pack.

I was told as long as my wife gives birth over international waters, we could claim citizenship.

We know he'll be the best player in the outback in 15 years; We're just being proactive.

BTW, our gender reveal is at JFK-Terminal A Gate 14 at 3:30pm today.

@BOF posted:

Sorry I am so late to this party, but maybe we can team up "that guy" with the guy who wanted to move to Florida and buy some land to build a baseball field next to his house for his son.  Can someone dig up that thread. Classic.

I hate to admit this but I really miss TRhit.

Anotherparent is the champ in finding old posts, if it still is around.

@TPM posted:

Anotherparent is the champ in finding old posts, if it still is around.

A challenge!

BOF referred to this guy in a post from 2012:

https://community.hsbaseballwe...377#2982475077777377

So, it must have been before that.  Now, BOF joined in 2007 (although maybe he was reading before that).  I'm thinking maybe it was this guy from 2009?:

https://community.hsbaseballwe...ound-baseball?page=1

Old threads are awesome.

@adbono posted:

Reading this thread (which was hilarious at points) confirms my beliefs that : TimtheEnchanter & smokeminside are 2 of my favorite posters on this site, and satire is an art that’s unappreciated by many people.

adbono thank you for the complement:

Tim is only here to help the unanointed and unknowledgeable to find the Holy Grail of College Baseball...

For some it is a roster spot at Vanderbilt, for others it is playing for the Cal Tech Beavers...

For those like "Iamthatguy" it is hopefully keeping their sons from becoming the next Todd Marinovich of baseball...

For those who do not know, the Holy Grail of pre-college baseball is to be found in the Cave of the Caebannog (located in Cedar Rapids) where carved in the mystic ruins upon the living rock of Iowa PGStaff wrote "throw 90 and they will find you"

For others the entrance is guarded by a creature so foul, so cruel, that no man has fought with it and lived....

It is called "travel ball coach" who has strewn, outside their lairs of baseball dugouts, the bones of unrealistic dads and moms who thought their sons were the brave knights of "those who say Ni" but were really the drinkers of potions from "former MLB baseball players" who filled their brains that they could create flame - without flint, and tinder...

For that ability - it is only Tim.

...for all other parents death awaits you all... with nasty, big, pointy teeth, it is called youth baseball.

Signed - Tim

Last edited by TimtheEnchanter

adbono thank you for the complement:

Tim is only here to help the unanointed and unknowledgeable to find the Holy Grail of College Baseball...

For some it is a roster spot at Vanderbilt, for others it is playing for the Cal Tech Beavers...

For those like "Iamthatguy" it is hopefully keeping their sons from becoming the next Todd Marinovich of baseball...

For those who do not know, the Holy Grail of pre-college baseball is to be found in the Cave of the Caebannog (located in Cedar Rapids) where carved in the mystic ruins upon the living rock of Iowa PGStaff wrote "throw 90 and they will find you"

For others the entrance is guarded by a creature so foul, so cruel, that no man has fought with it and lived....

It is called "travel ball coach" who has strewn, outside their lairs of baseball dugouts, the bones of unrealistic dads and moms who thought their sons were the brave knights of "those who say Ni" but were really the drinkers of potions from "former MLB baseball players" who filled their brains that they could create flame - without flint, and tinder...

For that ability - it is only Tim.

...for all other parents death awaits you all... with nasty, big, pointy teeth, it is called youth baseball.

Signed - Tim

You know much that is hidden, O’ Tim

A challenge!

BOF referred to this guy in a post from 2012:

https://community.hsbaseballwe...377#2982475077777377

So, it must have been before that.  Now, BOF joined in 2007 (although maybe he was reading before that).  I'm thinking maybe it was this guy from 2009?:

https://community.hsbaseballwe...ound-baseball?page=1

Old threads are awesome.

I just read these old threads and the Bilal thread.  Very interesting and fun read.  I was aghast at how much personal info that Bilal guy shared.

I was originally taken aback with how everyone seemed to be so quick to beat up on OCM very harshly.  It was very unlike how I've come to know you all (the old timer frequent posters).  Then I found out why when I pulled up OCM's first thread about USSSA... 

It would be interesting to get an update on where their kids ended up.  I think Bilal's son went to Jacksonville State U?

I didn't see anything about someone moving to FL and building a baseball field next to his house.  I want to read that thread next time I'm in the bathroom.... 

My wife and I just spent two days at Lake Keowee in South Carolina.  First we highly recommend that place.  Second, we have decided that our son will be playing his college ball with Clemson.  Now that we have identified the school we can move onto the easier part, getting the offer.  

PS - TPM I didn't say I was leaving... said I was going back into the shadows.  Just re-emerging with our announcement.  

Last edited by IAmThatGuy
@IAmThatGuy posted:

My wife and I just spent two days at Lake Koewee in South Carolina.  First we highly recommend that place.  Second, we have decided that our son will be playing his college ball with Clemson.  Now that we have identified the school we can move onto the easier part, getting the offer.  

PS - TPM I didn't say I was leaving... said I was going back into the shadows.  Just re-emerging with our announcement.  

That’s awesome! I think you should go ahead and announce your news on Twitter now. That will show the RC at Clemson that you mean business and he will surely get busy preparing an offer. He probably won’t even waste any time talking to the HC about it. He will know he has to strike while the iron is hot! Brilliant!

@adbono posted:

That’s awesome! I think you should go ahead and announce your news on Twitter now. That will show the RC at Clemson that you mean business and he will surely get busy preparing an offer. He probably won’t even waste any time talking to the HC about it. He will know he has to strike while the iron is hot! Brilliant!

You think?  Sounds good to me.  We probably will just tag the HC in the tweet.  Not sure why we need to involved the RC.   Thanks adbono.  

@IAmThatGuy posted:

You think?  Sounds good to me.  We probably will just tag the HC in the tweet.  Not sure why we need to involved the RC.   Thanks adbono.  

Excellent! In your tweet I would ask the HC for some video of him in games so you can evaluate his coaching style. You have to be certain that he meets your standards. If you let him know that you find him acceptable he will want to schedule a visit to your home right away. Don’t forget to remind him of the jersey and hat sizes for you, your wife, and your son! Exciting times!

One last piece of baseball advice. Before you send out your tweet send it to Iowamom23 so she can proofread it for you. She is really good at making sure the sentence structure and punctuation are just right. If there are any grammatical errors in your tweet the HC won’t be able to understand your intent and he probably won’t respond at all. Gotta get this one right!

@adbono posted:

He doesn't have to do that, I will call Bradley LeCroy the recruiting coach and give him a heads up. Maybe Monte Lee as well!

Why contact the coach? Just show up on campus and first day of fall practice. The talent will be obvious.

On second thought, why waste three years? Just show up in a MLB spring training camp of your choice next February.

This thread is reminding my of my son at fourteen years old. After hanging with two Louisville pitchers charting and gunning behind home plate one game he verballed to Louisville that night. Louisville never knew. He probably should have verballed to more than his friends and me.

Last edited by RJM
@IAmThatGuy posted:

2) Tonight we are going to tell our son that he must follow the coaches signs.  I see how ignoring them might be leading to time on the bench.  Serious question though - if he is at bat and knows he can jack the pitcher and the coaches are calling for a sacrifice, its ok to swing in that spot right?

I found my answer to this question.   There was not one person on this site who was willing to tell me that the answer to this question is that it is not ok to swing.  University of Texas coach makes it quite clear in mid rant....

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMdvg16s6/

*Language warning

Last edited by IAmThatGuy
@IAmThatGuy posted:

I found my answer to this question.   There was not one person on this site who was willing to tell me that the answer to this question is that it is not ok to swing.  University of Texas coach makes it quite clear in mid rant....

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMdvg16s6/

*Language warning

Very difficult to misunderstand that message. Pretty much typical of Augie Garrido. Unfortunately it’s not like he is the only guy that does that.

As a player I never responded to that kind of rant. It didn’t bother me. But I would have had to be careful not to laugh when he started stomping his feet and flailing away with his arms. It’s one thing to get seriously pissed off. For me, the acting dramatics detracted from the point. It looks grossly immature for an adult. On the other hand, Weaver, Piniella, Williams, etc.. Garrido’s style is outdated.

Last edited by RJM
@TPM posted:

Augie is gone and so are coaches rants, that's old school.

Augie is gone but I can assure you that coaches rants are not gone. They (usually) don’t happen where cameras, parents or administrators can see them - especially in this day and age. But some of you would be shocked and amazed at the programs where this still occurs. I think it’s a terrible practice and I would like for it to go away but it hasn’t.

@Consultant posted:

TPM, BOF, Adbono, RJM and Smoke

do you remember this coach Lewis and Clark Ed Cheff?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhM27420g80

I never played summer ball in Alaska so I have never been around him. But I loved the video. He was always looking for a teaching moment and there are a hundred of them in every game. That’s what I don’t see enough of anymore - coaches that live to teach the game.

@Consultant posted:

TPM, BOF, Adbono, RJM and Smoke

do you remember this coach Lewis and Clark Ed Cheff?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhM27420g80

No but I watched the video. Reminds me of Jack Leggett.  I have watched son speak to his pitchers as they come off the field.

Just to clarify, there are some great coaches out there,who do raise their voice on occasion, but cursing and demeaning is not the norm.

You just can't do that anymore.

I could always respect a coach who could pull me aside, tell me I’m not getting it done and how to get it done in a stern voice. I never had any respect for coaches who went on rants like the Garrido video.

My Legion coach went on a Garrido like rant after we lost a non conference doubleheader to a team we knew we would see at states. I had got in at 5am that morning and slept for three hours before heading for the game. The coach went on his rant in the dugout after the sweep. I nearly fell asleep on him. When he noticed he screamed at me. “It’s good bleep’n thing you got four bleep’n hits or you would be sitting for a week.” The problem was we didn’t respect his baseball knowledge or his coaching ability. We knew we (talent) were carrying him. We were loaded.

@TPM posted:

No but I watched the video. Reminds me of Jack Leggett.  I have watched son speak to his pitchers as they come off the field.

Just to clarify, there are some great coaches out there,who do raise their voice on occasion, but cursing and demeaning is not the norm.

You just can't do that anymore.

Cursing and demeaning is not the norm but it still goes on more than it should, and more than you seem to believe. The cursing isn’t a big deal to me. The demeaning is. I could name names but it don’t think that’s appropriate on this site.

@adbono posted:

Cursing and demeaning is not the norm but it still goes on more than it should, and more than you seem to believe. The cursing isn’t a big deal to me. The demeaning is. I could name names but it don’t think that’s appropriate on this site.

This is pretty consistent with what I have seen over the last several years. I have stated before that if some coaches were in the working world they would be sued and terminated immediately for actions….and I don’t mind an occasion blowup. The 2 most delusional professions are teaching and coaching IMO.

@adbono posted:

You could name names and probably get a lot of folks in trouble. It probably does go on more than it should and players are afraid to say something for fear of retribution.

My point, once again, is that it is not acceptable and these days frowned upon by administration.

But, stupid me, I forgot you know much more about the coaching world, than most of us here.

My bad.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.