Skip to main content

Hoping to hear from anyone who's previously attended PBR's academic showcase (in 2018 or otherwise).  Apparently, coaches from HA schools will attend and evaluate.  I'm told there were a dozen last year.  If you went, were there any interactions with the coaches?  Follow up?  Or are they beaming in remotely to watch?

The 2019 one will be on the Davidson campus, and at leaset some of their coaches will be there.  https://www.prepbaseballreport...-games?tab=eventinfo

My son recently did a PBR showcase locally and it was well run.  He was pleased with his measureables and thinks he can improve on them.  But for the trip to be worth it I think it has to include coaches at schools he's interested in (which includes Davidson).

Thanks for any insight.

Last edited by Dirtbag30
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Last year my son was planning to go to this event, then shortly before the date we were told by PBR that zero schools would be attending (not even Davidson, and the event was held at their field).  The purpose seemed (based on that info) to be just to get verified stats online. For the price, that’s reasonable if you live near enough to avoid a lot of travel costs—PBR is a bargain compared with many events. But based on what we were told, this is not an event for getting direct exposure to coaches. Others who actually attended may know more (or differently)...

The PBR write up from the 2018 event does refer to “college coaches in attendance,” so my prior post may be wrong. I suggest you email Brandon Hall, the NC PBR Director, vis the link on the NC PBR web page. He is very responsive—you’ll probably hear from him within hours. (If you do get more info, please post it here for the benefit of the rest of us.)

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.