Skip to main content

I'm a 14yo and sometimes on the mound I tend to lose focus and start throwing balls. I notice that when I try to throw just to get a strike, I drift it high and inside on the batter. Then I try to correct myself and throw low and outside and there it goes as a past ball. Anybody know what might cause the ball to drift high or high and inside to a hitter? I was thinking it's probably my mechanics, but what in my mechanics is making that happen. Thanks in advance.

Keeler
"Man this is baseball, you gotta stop thinking...n just have fun." ~Benny Rodriguez~Sandlot
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I am also a 14 yo and usually from my experience throwing high usually means I am standing straight up on my front knee too much and not bending when I land. When I throw low outside it usually means i'm just releasing the ball way too late. These are things that you just have to practice. And my arm always moves from my glove to directly behind my head and then I throw and my release point is always dirctly out in front fully stretched and then I finish with my palm up under my arm pit. Also try turning your hips before you release the ball. It help bring the ball down and gets you a little extra on te pitch. I used to be around a 74-76 pitcher. Now I throw around 79-82 ( also from working out a bit too) crusing. I have worked on a gun so it is true. It also takes less pressure of your arm. Try it, if you work better without it thats fine, sometimes different things work for different pitchers.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.