Skip to main content

I'm beginning the 4 day drive from Shingle Springs, CA to Viera Florida early tomorrow morning. I'll stop in Texas for a few days to work out with my brother (Deemax) before continuing on. I'm driving out with my mom and getting in on March 7th, a day before position players report with the Nationals.

First workout is March 10th and final workout is March 30th. Can't wait!
Thanks TPM for the information, I am giving Marcos all the information about Darin, Brian, and Dave that way they introduce their self at Dunedin. I hope all of them be part of the Blue Jays some day. At the same time I hope we, the parents, may meet at spring training. Best of the luck to DK.
Last edited by Racab
Today son gets to across the street with a chance to get into a big league game for some relief. That happened last year and he did well in his one inning ... walked a couple of other times as well but didn't get in ... even traveled with the team to Phoenix but still only 1 inning. It does pay to get there early ... literally it pays because now the MiLB players get a oer diem if they are invited to come over for a game ... the added $$ sure doesn't hurt.

Here's keeping our fingers crossed ... last year he was thrilled because he finished his inning with runners on 2nd and 3rd and did not allow a run. He also struck someone out (I think it was Troy T ... can't spell his last name without looking it up ... on the Rockies).

Go AJ !!!!

UPDATE FROM WIFE CENTRAL: AJ got in for 1 inning (all he hoped for), faced 4 3 batters ... walk, fly out to LF, ground into double play.
Last edited by FutureBack.Mom
The diary by Dirk is an absolute blast !!!! Am embarassed to say that if he is related to one of our websters, I am unfamiliar with him (or his roommate). But I can say that if baseball doesn't work for him, he should strongly consider a career in comedy and/or writing. He is gifted.

By the way, Innocent Bystander, WHO tore a ligament in their big toe? (Sorry ... ignorant on that as well).
TPM...
quote:
I do beleive Dirk might be rooming with Orlando's Aeden.

Did you ever have one of those 'moments' when you were telling someone a story and in the middle of the telling you had an "AH HA" moment obout something completely different? Well, I was talking with hubby while he was doing yard work not 30 minutes and thought "Oh, I bet that's Orlando's son who rooms with Dirk" ... My hubby was even more confused than ever over that one.

crazy
Hooray for AJ! Way to show them what you can do!

IB, bummer of the first magnitude. Frown What's his prognosis? Do you know it has to be surgery yet?

How did the split squad experience go, TPM? Dish, girl! Cool

When Aeden met Dirk he told him straightaway he knew who he was and how much 'Mom & her Internet buddies' enjoyed his stuff. (Also told him he used his janitor line all the time Wink) He doesn't know how he got the sweet suite with a vet, either.

Vignettes: He walked into lunch the other day with Jimmy Edmonds. They did the manly 'how's it going thing'....Aeden said he felt about 8-years-old-excited.

He was weighed at Fall Instrux in October at 167 (post game), and reported at 198 (workouts, landscaping job, and Mama's cooking). His Ems' Manager pulled him aside, seriously, and asked "You tell me honestly how you did this, son." Aeden laughs and says, "I can't tell you how good it makes me feel that you think I took steroids!" So Rid sez, "Good answer!" Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by Orlando:
He was weighed at Fall Instrux in October at 167 (post game), and reported at 198 (workouts, landscaping job, and Mama's cooking). Big Grin

Wow! Any chance I could send a 135lb skin and bones 14yo your way for a few months? 30lbs would sure look good and he might hit and throw harder.
They flew Chad to Houston for surgery and the reports I read said he would be out at least 2-3 months. He's bummin' because he felt like he was in great shape and his arm was feeling great.
Last edited by Innocent Bystander
Blast, IB, I feel for him (and you). Feeling good, ready to start a new season and then that. Sounds like they're taking care of him. Best of luck for his recovery.

This is pretty much the first time weight has stuck to my son (and I can't tell you how difficult it has been for me to sympathise with his plight Roll Eyes) I put it down to late puberty....and the fact that Nov - Feb was about 3 months longer than he's ever gone without playing ball since he was 8...
IB,
Bummer just a bummer, keep us posted.

DK got to dress up as a big bird and hit the field with the big boys yesterday. Going into the 9th 6-5 Nats and looked like it might tie, so he got the call to start warming up. By the time he starts getting hot and working up a sweat, game over. After that they told him in no way could he come into the next game (it was a double header).
Actually, not sure how it would have worked, son hasn't faced a live batter since last october, but none the less, he said it was a great learning experience.

BTW, he told me that Pujols is the biggest person he has ever stood close to in his adult life. The man is HUGE!
IB ...

Here's hoping that the recovery and rehab are ahead of schedule.

Ref 'big guys' ... our son got to enjoy a bus ride last ST with the "Big Unit" ... son had been advised to dress nicely for the trip and so he did ... collared shirt, nice trousers, etc. and of course everybody else was in levis etc. While they were standing around waiting for the bus, Randy Johnson walks up behind him and says, "So, you got a photo shoot after the game?" (Mental picture ... very embarassed young guy dressed all nice, probably looking at the ground trying to find a hole to crawl into.) But I know he thought it was pretty special to have a legend talking to him, even if it was to give him a ration of ...

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.