Skip to main content

Watch out for a young man named Kyle Rosso. He is in the class of 2012. He is currently the catcher at Norfolk Collegiate School. Got 1st team all TCIS last year and 2nd team all state in division 2. This young man has D1 potential. Possible TCIS player of the year either this year or next year. Expect to hear big things about him
Houston
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Welcome Houston and we appreciate your comment.We "Dads" have often spread the good word on prospective players and happy to read yours.Over the years locally some very good talent has come out of this area and Norfolk Collegiate had Phillip Clark. He is playing for ECU and doing very well.Try to remember when the group does well,the area gets noticed and the individuals in the area can then get that bus ticket your referring to.
Kyle is playing with Hitters Warehouse top showcase team coached by Tim Druzgala, I had the pleasure of coaching Kyle for several summers and he does have a bright future in baseball. Kyle is such a good athlete he could wind up at 3rd base or right field, strong arm with good speed, we'll see how he does this summer behind the dish catching top pitching prospects. But he is very good with gap power.
Nice to hear the kind words. I think Kyle has a bright future ahead of him. Kyle is playing with Hitters Warehouse this summer.

I feel like the TCIS isnt getting a lot of attention. There are some good athletes in this conference. In my opinion the clear cut favorites for TCIS player of the year are Jack Wynkoop out of Cape Henry Collegiate who is headed to South Carolina, Josh Mason out of Bishop Sullivan who is headed to play for the tribe next year and Michael Curry is going down south to play for Florida State College/Jacksonville.

Do yall have any predictions for how the TCIS will end up this year?
Kyle does because he does what most high school kids should do, that is play ball, do good in school,and let the coaches talk about his skills, I know Kyle and his family, just terrific people. Sometimes a coach isn't sure where a kid should play, but Kyle would be an asset to any program. He's the AAron Rodgers of baseball, he just does his job.
My predictions:
1. Cape Henry - defending State Champions. Returning 8 starters from last years team including one of the top pitchers (Wynkoop) in the area. New coaching staff looks good but has a tough act to follow.
2. Greenbrier Christian - defending TCIS Conference Champions. Went 2-1 agains Cape Henry last year. Beat them in the regular season in 15 innings, beat them in the conference tournament and lost to them in the state tournament. Lost some key players (including their shortstop who transferred to Atlantic Shores) but they always reload.
3. Hampton Roads Academy - always a good baseball school
4. Bishop Sullivan - some very good players including Mason and the Swoope brothers.
5. Norfolk Academy - with Chris Dotolo and Brian Hennessy, probably the best coaching staff in the TCIS.
6. Nansemond Suffolk Academy - very young last year and should improve.
7. Norfolk Collegiate - again, some very good players (Rosso, for one) but the team lacks depth.
8. Norfolk Christian
9. Walsingham
10. Peninsula Catholic
Last edited by ndfan
Houston Wilson,

Coach Parsons is a very good coach and Rosso is certainly a solid TCIS player. He is in very good hands with Parse. I would encourage Kyle to play in a "bigger pond" during the summer. To say he has "D1 potential" based on what he does against TCIS competition is very short sighted. Expose him to more and allow his talent to shine.

Pilots81,

Who are the top pitching prospects on Hitter's Warehouse this summer?

ndfan,

As a former TCIS player, I'll offer the following:

1) You forgot Norfolk Academy
2) HRA is not "always" a good baseball school. They may have been OK the last couple years but that has not been the norm.
Last edited by redbird5
Thanks redbird and birddog - I edited my post. I can't believe I overlooked Norfolk Academy. I think very highly of their coaching staff and belive the team is going to move to the top of the ranks very quickly. My comment about HRA is in relation to the rest of the TCIS and only speaks to the last 6 years - or since I have been following the TCIS.
Last edited by ndfan
quote:
Originally posted by ndfan:
My predictions:
1. Cape Henry - defending State Champions. Returning 8 starters from last years team including one of the top pitchers (Wynkoop) in the area. New coaching staff looks good but has a tough act to follow.
2. Greenbrier Christian - defending TCIS Conference Champions. Went 2-1 agains Cape Henry last year. Beat them in the regular season in 15 innings, beat them in the conference tournament and lost to them in the state tournament. Lost some key players (including their shortstop who transferred to Atlantic Shores) but they always reload.
3. Hampton Roads Academy - always a good baseball school
4. Bishop Sullivan - some very good players including Mason and the Swoope brothers.
5. Norfolk Academy - with Chris Dotolo and Brian Hennessy, probably the best coaching staff in the TCIS.
6. Nansemond Suffolk Academy - very young last year and should improve.
7. Norfolk Collegiate - again, some very good players (Rosso, for one) but the team lacks depth.
8. Norfolk Christian
9. Walsingham
10. Peninsula Catholic

-------------------------------------
MHO

Could interchange CH and CGA (heard above-mentioned SS is back at GCA).

3 thru 7 could wind up in any order. Any team could beat the others on any given day.

8 thru 10 ok

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.