Skip to main content

Daniel Lau, pitcher/outfielder
'04 Lake City HS, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho ('04 state runners up)
Idaho State Senior All-Star Team, 2004
North Idaho Player of the Year, 2004
Inland Empire League Player of the Year, 2004
Lake City HS Athlete of the Year, 2004
Signing letter of intent with Spokane Falls Community College, Spokane, WA
Currently playing with Coeur d'Alene Lumbermen (legion)
...and all-around good kid! biglaugh

Daniel celebrates Lake City's first district championship in school history

Daniel holds up state runners-up trophy in Boise
Last edited by SasquatchMama
Can't remember if I posted in this thread or not it's so long, but what the heck if I did just write this one off as another brag from one of those "typical baseball dads" LOL!

Mine is in Alaska right now playing for the Goldpanners with 123kmom's Jeff Stimpson. Hopefully headed to Wichita and the NBC World Series, right Dottie?!

Johnny Coit
Freshman
Former catcher now CF @ Cal State Northridge in the Big West Conference

His claim to fame so far in college:

2-4 / standup triple, off Jared Weaver - Long Beach State
2-4 / 2 RBI's, off Jason Windsor - CS Fullerton
4-5 / game winning HR vs. then #14 UC Irvine

Honorable Mention All Conference Big West

Headed to Anchorage this week to see him, can't wait!
Last edited by matadordad
My son is ...

Sean Bonesteele
'06 grad Foothill HS, Santa Ana CA
6'4", 200 lbs - RHP/1B/3B - 85 MPH tailing FB, 72-74MPH Curve, 68-72MPH Change

• 2004: .473 BA, .581 OBP, .648 SLG this year 16U Mickey Mantle - OC Dawgs: runner-up AABC CA playoffs
  • 2003: .475 BA, .560 OBP, .847 SLG last year in '03 15U Mickey Mantle - OC Dawgs: AABC National Champs
  • Combined 03/04 MM pitching: 4 ERs in 37 IP (0.76 ERA), 5-0 MM League Record, 1.0 WHIP, .194 OppAvg
  • Led OC Dawgs in hitting and starting pitcher ERA for two consecutive seasons.

Sean's innings this past '04 Varsity as a sophomore were mainly in short relief & utility due to pitching behind two very dominant, quality senior pitchers ... Phil Hughes (RHP-1st rnd Yankees) and Cole St. Clair (LHP-Rice).

Sean is slated as one of the primary starting Varsity pitchers at Foothill this upcoming '05 season as a junior. He is working hard this fall to also earn an everyday spot in the batting lineup, leading his Mickey Mantle club team in hitting for two consecutive seasons. Possibly means DH or 1B when he's not pitching ... while he could definitely help anchor the HS team defensively at 3B, he's been told they don't want to risk his arm on his games off the mound. He's made only one error in 200 putouts and 35 assists in his defensive starts at 1B/3B over the past two MM seasons, so having his bat in the lineup has been a definite plus factor defensively as well.

Sean's prep profile website,www.seanbonesteele.com, contains photos, streaming videos, detailed stats, game calendar, etc. Sean will be playing this fall with the Seattle Mariners Scout team (Myron Pines), as well as the Quakes 18U Connie Mac fall team (John Elliott) and fall/winter tournaments with the OC Dawgs 18U Connie Mac team (Dave Dopf).

Saving a bad throw-down ...

Last edited by pbonesteele
Why not???? I am here for information,sharing stories etc. What better place than here??? My son's name is Corey Woodring; he will be attending Riverside community College. He plays outfield, and runs like the wind Smile He is really getting excited about his first year@RCC!! The Head Coach Dennis Rogers,and his staff are very professional and helpful.
OOOps!!! I did not mention that Corey played for Head Coach Sean Sullivan,coach Don Furnald,and his son Donny for Rancho Cucamonga High School. He was awarded "ALL CIF" and the Cougars also were 1st place in the Baseline League. I am so proud of all the young men on the Cougar team, and the awesome coaching that they all had!!!!
My son is Greg Conrad, Class of '05, Olympic High School in Charlotte. He's 6'4"(and still growing!!) and 170lbs.(soaking wet!!). He's a southpaw with excellent command of his pitches, hits his spots consistently. Plays showcase ball with the Carolina Reds.
We are in the midst of letter writing, phone calls, etc.
Thanks SO much to this board for the terrific ideas and wealth of information that you posters "bring to the table."
Last edited by RedsSouthPawMom
We are so very appreciative of HSBaseball and all the posters who care enough about the kids and the game to pass on their knowledge.

Son is Brian Nichols, 6', 185lbs., MIF, class of '05 at Sabino High School, Tucson, AZ...'04 season he received Offensive Player of the Year award....he really likes to bat....and will be attending the AZ Senior Fall Wood Bat Classic in Peoria 10/15-10/17....anyone else?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.