Skip to main content

We just made it back to the cold weather from the weekend in Louisiana. What a classy team those Cajuns are and I could not believe he fans. They couldn't do enough for us and went out of there way to thank us for coming..

It was a pleasure meeting Dad04 and his bride. They were great hosts..

The LA-Lafayette team is going to be there come regional time. They can pitch and WOW can they swing the bat. This was a very impressive team. I believe they are 8-0 now and should be getting Top 25 votes.

This was a HSBBW connection...Thanks all for the good wishes.
My kid had an absolutely horrendous start to his season. I am devastated.

His first inning, he was pounded for 13 earned runs, including 5 doubles and a 3-run jack. At one point, he surrendered four consecutive screaming line drives that literally tore the pants off our shortstop. He walked 10 and beaned 6. I spilled my searing-hot coffee into my lap I was fuming so bad.

And the worst part of it, it is all untrue. I just couldn't resist. Season starts in two weeks.
It is fun reading - and even posting sometimes - about all of our sons and daughters who play the game.

I hope we read this stuff on this forum all year long. From everyone. Tons of posts I hope.

But the bottom line is - what are you going to do with your next at bat? - or your next inning pitched?.

That is the exciting thing to me. The next at bat - the next pitch - the next play you have to make.

No articles - no ratings - no hype - just performance.

Thats the juice IMO.

Keep' em coming websters.
Last edited by itsinthegame
Congrats to Louisanna Lafayette beating a tough Southern Mississippi team Smile

Congrats again to UIC and Ryan Zink for beating Tennessee for the second day in a row. When Ryan pitched last week, his first start after coming back from injury, they beat Georgia Tech.

Congrats to luvbb, her son Joe and Penn State for beating #1 North Carolina.
Last edited by ClevelandDad
quote:
Originally posted by ClevelandDad:
Congrats to Louisanna Lafayette beating a tough Southern Mississippi team Smile

Congrats again to UIC and Ryan Zink for beating Tennessee for the second day in a row. When Ryan pitched last week, his first start after coming back from injury, they beat Georgia Tech.

Congrats to luvbb, her son Joe and Penn State for beating #1 North Carolina.

Congrats to all of the winners today!
Last edited by TPM
Way to go Joe and Penn State!

Even though he did not get a hit today, Joe must have called one heck of a game behind the dish as NC came up with only 4 hits. That only goes to show the box score only dipicts what can be officially documented, games are won and lost outside the book.
Last edited by rz1
Thanks Randy and Dan....the only thing I can say about today's game is....OOOOOH MYYYYYY GOOOOSH! Big Grin It was TRULY a game of a lifetime for our guys beating UNC. We were losing 2-1 in the bottom of the ninth...two outs, no one on base. Our DH was down 0-2 in the count. Fouled off 6 consecutive foul balls and then hit a HOMERUN to tie the game. We went on to win 3-2 in extra innings. Altho JOe did not get a hit today, he did get the start behind homeplate and I have to admit he did a great job back there calling a, great game (only 4 hits) and working with the pitcher.... so I felt he contributed greatly to the outcome even tho he went hitless. Actually, JOe put the ball into play that UNC committed an error on allowing the winning run to cross the plate too. Just goes to show you.....you just NEVER know....just put the ball into play and force the other team to MAKE the play. Definetly a day we will remember forever! Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by ClevelandDad:
quote:
Definetly a day we will remember forever!

That is what it is all about

It is what it's all about. A very nice win for the Lions! I see Coastal Carolina Chants dismantled an always good Marist team yesterday with ClevelandDads guy scoring twice. They have been dominating good teams so far. Eek
Last edited by Dad04
It's....that made me smile! Think we need to add a "smidge" of Zink to make the recipe even better! Smile

A quick something I'd like to share. We lost today's game vs. UNC 5-4. Now, I think I can probably tell you that on the bus trip DOWN to UNC I doubt our guys were very confident they'd be able to pull out ONE win vs. UNC. After yesterday's win and today's close one the parents all thought the guys did a GREAT job. Were they happy when coming off the field today? We were shocked...NO THEY WEREN'T...they felt they let a game slip away from them (and they are probably right in that opinion). And it was GREAT to see them ticked off about losing by one run to UNC instead of being happy that they were "competitive" with them. But seriously...what a transformation in team attitude and self-confidence from Thursday night leaving State Colleget to Sunday afternoon hitting the road back home! Now we'll just have to wait and see if it continues.
Last edited by ClevelandDad
Luv,

Shoot - that was just the first course.

Next up - we got a Duke - a Bardeen - and an Armstrong

A Beal - a Bell - and a Bunch.

We got Bolts - and we got Coit

A Cabral and a Chute.

We got a Colt - a Curtis and an Ely.

We got Davis

A Dorney - a Doyle and a Dykstra

We got an Ezekiel and a bowl of pasta Faiola

We got Funk and we got Gempp

We got some Hawranick and a Hempy.

We got Kearney and we got Legg

A dose of Lerud and some Marshall

Some Massingham, some McConnell and a McDonald.

We got McMillan and Mottern

We got a Miller and we got a May

We got a Muir and a Neal

We got a Murphy

We got an Olvey and an Ortmeier

We got a Parnell - a Porter and a pair of Pryors'.

We do not have a Partridge or a Pear.

We got a Raczkowski and a Rahl

A Rempel, a Reilly, a Ridener - and a Rochelle

Throw in some Sarka - a Shaw - a bunch of Smiths and some Snyder.

Two Standish - a couple Stewarts, a dash of Stimpson, some Stache and a Swain.

We got Taylors, a Tess and a Thiesen

We got Witt

We got a Wagler - a Willard and a Woodard

And of course - we have some Zink.

I am sure to be messing up and forgetting many more. But IMO - We are loaded.

Big Grin
Last edited by itsinthegame

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.