Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

@RJM posted:

… within a five game range. Then we’ll bring it back at the end of the season for a second look. I nailed it with the Sox last year (sarcasm). I had them at 78-82.

Red Sox 81-85 wins

@fenwaysouth posted:

Red Sox 84-78 with no playoffs even with the new "NHL playoff model" where 6 MLB teams from each league make the playoffs.

Based on these two projections I have the Yankees at 86-76 at a minimum......

@K9 posted:

After letting Betts go, not getting Bogarts signed and driving away Devers I'm predicting I'll lose interest by Memorial Day

C’mon! Any team with PIvetta as their #2 is destined to go deep into the playoffs.

(typed without laughing, choking and spitting all over the screen)

Last edited by RJM
@fenwaysouth posted:

Can I change my answer after only one game?  Cool.  I way over estimated Red Sox pitching in 2022.

I've got the Red Sox and Orioles duking it out for 70 wins.  The 20 additional Red Sox losses will move the Orioles up 20 games @ReluctantO'sFan.  It is going to be the battle for the basement.  Prepare for battle! 

The Sox will hit their way to .500. But their pitching will likely keep them there.

@K9 posted:

I have to admit...I'm getting sucked in again by this Red Sox team.

Don’t! Their starting pitching is fragile. Their bullpen sucks in the clutch. 42 games into the season they’ve already blown 11 saves. They don’t have one pitcher capable of being a closer. They’re too cheap to acquire a quality closer. They’ve become Tampa Bay North.

Like Tampa the Sux don’t sell out anymore. The fans are getting angry. You can walk up and purchase any level seat.

Last edited by RJM

The Cubs are a family-friendly organization, they've heard about how hard all of the those extra post-season games are on families, so they'll be sure to be out of the race soon so that they can book their travel plans, work on their short games, head to Wisconsin for some walleye fishing and listen to Bob Uecker on the Brewers broadcast.

74-88.

The Sox will have 74-78 wins. If all goes right (too much that can go wrong) they max at 82 wins.

When Corey Kluber is your ace you’re in trouble. He underperformed the Rays season last year. His record and ERA wasn’t as good as the team. In the paper there was a headline, “Two time Cy Young winner to start opening day for Sox.” Talk about blowing smoke up the fan’s yazoos!

Sale has done nothing since 2018. Pivetta blows out after the all star break. Whitlock and Bello are unproven as starters. They’re also starting the season on IR. A minor leaguer (Crawford)  will be in the season opening rotation. The fifth starter, Houck has a 9.73 spring ERA.

The Sox don’t have a MLB starting catcher. They’re two middle infielders are career journeymen coming off injures.

Given Casas and Bello haven’t proven themselves yet the only players guaranteed to be on the Sox in 2025 are Devers, Yoshida, Story and Whitlock. It’s hard to feel connected to players who won’t be around.

I won’t pay to watch this joke. I used to go at least once a month. I’m only going Opening Day because a friend rented a catered suite. At least I’ll eat well.

He also gets a suite on the Fourth. We chip in to have a couple of kids squat all day at the Half Shell so we have a good location for the concert and fireworks.

These will be my only two games. I expect the Sox to be 10-12 back by the Fourth.

Last edited by RJM
@RJM posted:

The Sox will have 74-78 wins. If all goes right (too much that can go wrong) they max at 82 wins.

Check your math/spelling.  I think you mean 74-88....right there with ya, but I don't think they'll ever get to 82 wins even if 3 teams in the AL East fold financially.

I was darn close with last years 2022 prediction, I just transposed the 84 and 78 as they wound up 78-84.   Also, I was correct about the fans getting after John Henry and the front office.  Heads are going to roll after the 2023 season if they don't make the playoffs.

@fenwaysouth posted:

Check your math/spelling.  I think you mean 74-88....right there with ya, but I don't think they'll ever get to 82 wins even if 3 teams in the AL East fold financially.

I was darn close with last years 2022 prediction, I just transposed the 84 and 78 as they wound up 78-84.   Also, I was correct about the fans getting after John Henry and the front office.  Heads are going to roll after the 2023 season if they don't make the playoffs.

Not a 74-88 record. 74-78 wins.

My calculation on enough going right and winning 82 is playing less games in the AL East,  Sale possibly winning ten games and their bullpen being a little better. The team was a complete dumpster fire outside one month last year and won 78.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.