Skip to main content

I was going to throw a post up on here to detail what's been going on with my college season but I'd rather link this in. I'm blogging this summer for my summer team, the Strasburg Express of the Valley League. The direct link to the blog is www.nvdaily.com/express with the blog post detailing my season being titled "From Mount Everest to Death Valley in the blink of an eye" (http://www.nvdaily.com/express/2011/04/from-mount-everest-to-death-valley-in-the-blink-of-an-eye.php)
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Josh - the story was riveting with a good ending. Not a perfect ending but a good one because your summer hopefully will be intact.

I am sorry about the injury but believe your baseball future is as bright as ever. You proved you could dominate this year and you have that same carrot ahead of you next year. Continue to dominate and let the chips fall where they may. My belief is that you will realize an opportunity at the next level beyond college. All you need is a shot.

Prayers being sent for your health. Keep the dream alive
Last edited by ClevelandDad
JH,
I second the thoughts of CD. But let me take this one step further.
Amongst all else, this site is about sharing baseball experiences and acquiring information from those experiences.
Without even reading the emotions within your blog, your title captured me. It contains the essence of what highly competitive baseball can be about and is about for most everyone who tries to get there.
I wish you nothing but the best in your efforts to get healthy and to overcome this set back.
Getting back to your base at Everest takes patience, time, effort, hard work and dedication. I will look forward to reading about your journey and the path back up the mountain.
You have earned everything in baseball.
That mindset should serve you well on this next pathway back up Everest.
Virtually very great player has at some point been acutely reminded of baseball's Mount Everest/Death Valley tendencies. Many have been reminded multiple times. What separates the greats from the others is their ability to overcome these setbacks without letting each one erode their confidence which is really the ability to always being able to look back up toward the top of the mountain and put one foot in front of the other in their ultimate goal of being on top again. Lesser competitors decide it isn't worth the work or pain to get back up there, but the really good ones have it in their makeups that they have to taste that thin air of the summit again and again no matter what setbacks they go through. From everything I've read that you've posted, I think that you are one of the strong ones that will not let this injury stop you. Fight back, work hard as always, and I as well as the other members of HSBBweb will be reading about your progress on your blog and on this site.
Thanks to everyone for the well wishes. I am certainly glad the injury is not of the ligament and thus doesn't require surgery. I started the physical therapy program today and didn't experience any pain, although we went very easy. It is incredible how weak the muscle feels and how little I can do. My range of flexibility is gradually beginning to increase, and today was the first day I was able to straighten the arm completely without wincing in pain. I realize that there is a huge gap between straightening the arm and being ready to compete in a game, but I like to look at any progress as being optimistic.

Hopefully it bounces back and I'll make a full recovery. I spoke to my head coach today at length and told him I think I'm going to have a lot of trouble just sitting around watching my team play knowing I can't help. He said he'd love for me to help do some of the charts and assist our pitching coach in calling the game, as well as helping out with whatever other duties they ask of me. With less than two weeks until the conference tournament, I'd still like to do whatever I can to help the team succeed past this point

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.