Skip to main content

If a runner steals off of my pitcher, and the batter won't move, should I throw it at him, or try to get around him and try to throw out the runner?? I heard from umps that if you hit them the runner is safe, but one time I tried to move around him and they called batter interference, can someone clarify this subject. Or even give me the ruling. Thanx for yout time, have a good day/night and God bless.

"I beleive ever pitcher should buy his catcher lunch"
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

My son bounced one off the batters helmet last weekend and it went out into lf and the runner scored.

It is a judgment call based on the premise that a batter can't be expected to disappear.

What we will be working on is a jump step with the inside pitch to "clear" behind a RH batter.

On a pitch middle middle half out, a jab step in front of the batter.
quote:
Originally posted by 33:
Okay see thats what i thought but growing up I was tought to beem the mess out of the hitter. Thank you guys for clearing that up. Thanx for your time, have a great day/night, and God bless.

"I beleive ever pitcher should buy his catcher lunch"

Whoever taught you this ILLEGAL and stupid trick has no knowledge of the rules. Not only does the ball stay in play, but could very well get you ejected, and possibly suspended from future games.

Bob

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.