Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I haven't seen it in quite some time. Not sure of the coaching situation. You'd better want to play baseball REALLY bad because the only thing going on is baseball, school and watching the cars rust. In the past they recruited heavily in the New York City area. I just remember playing those guys and all of them talkin' with a funny accent! Smile
I know this program well and it has a long history of good ball. Twinsdad is right you had better REALLY want to play because it is a pretty limiting place to be. Numbers are usually really big there and the park is a nice set up now. Coach is a good guy who knows baseball and the only real drawback is the surroundings. Great conference to play in and if you can succeed there you can succeed anywhere.
My good buddy Donny Flowers retired as Head Coach up there just this past year. He followed in the footsteps of another good buddy of mine Jack Allen - a legend. Both really are good coaches and promoters. But I do know that there has been in the past as many as 100 kids on the fall roster. They try to make it a more manageable number for the spring, but in my opinion, still carry way too many. (50-60). There's a number of reasons as to why they do this there but one important reason is that in some way the school receives subsidies for the more they keep. Economics.
quote:
Originally posted by UTPanAmAlum:
My good buddy Donny Flowers retired as Head Coach up there just this past year. He followed in the footsteps of another good buddy of mine Jack Allen - a legend. Both really are good coaches and promoters. But I do know that there has been in the past as many as 100 kids on the fall roster. They try to make it a more manageable number for the spring, but in my opinion, still carry way too many. (50-60). There's a number of reasons as to why they do this there but one important reason is that in some way the school receives subsidies for the more they keep. Economics.
quote:
Originally posted by UTPanAmAlum:

Did you play at Pan Am? When?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.