Skip to main content

Though its somewhat unfair to some schools for various reasons, this is how local and national D1 programs of interest rank heading toward the regional's, super regional's and CWS.

Texas.............1
Coastal Carolina..19
Florida State ....26
Nebraska..........30
Oklahoma..........41
Michigan..........49
Creighton.........50
Illinois..........55
Louisville........77
Evansville........80
Ball State........81
Purdue............82
Ohio State........85
Central Michigan..88
Notre Dame........89
SIU...............92
Western Michigan..113
Bradley...........114
Minnesota.........119
Harvard...........120
Kent State........128
Villanova.........132
Iowa..............141
Michigan State....144
ISU...............147
Northwestern......160
UIC...............163
Indiana...........171
NIU...............227 (ouch)
Princeton.........231
WIU...............244
EIU...............250
Butler............254
Valpo.............275
Chicago State.....288

This is out of 290 teams.

The RPI is totally unforgiving if you happen to schedule a bottom feeder or worse, a D2 team.
For instance, Nebraska and Florida State would be in or around the top 10 if they didn't go to Hawaii and play Hilo ( # 249 ).

Congrats to Itchy and the Illini, especially since we have hammered him on occasion.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I find it hard to believe that the RPI is right for WIU at 244. I would compare the non-conf schedule to anyone anywhere. Tex Tech, Okl., Okl. State, Mich State, LSU, Arizona State twice, **** Roberts 4 times, I don't see EIU, SIU, ISU, or alot of other schools playing that type of schedule. The conf. schedule is not the best teams but if they are in the conf you got to play them.
The problem is that they play Chicago State, Oakland and several other bottom dwellers. The RPI kills a team that has so many low RPI opponents.

And though they did beat Texas Tech and O. Roberts once, thier overall record against the teams you mentioned is 3-18! (the 3rd win was VS Mich.State and they are @ # 144 themselves)

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.