Skip to main content

Firstly, I am currently residing in Australia and not overly familiar with the US college system.

Question, my son was completing online classes from Australia and due to some issues was unable to complete his first semester and there was cut from the school. If he wanted to return to the college system, 1. Could he receive any scholarship funding if he wanted to return? 2. I was reading about a first semester that you can drop/pretend it didn't happen. Can you do that if you didn't pass a class?

Just looking for some advice or guidance to help my son make some decisions about college for 2021.

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Ryan_Aus, LL is correct. Every school is different, but typically they have some sort of purgatory arraignment - something like retake the classes in question during summer session and if you pass you qualify for reinstatement.  These policies may be available online.  If there's any communication  with them necessary, your son will have to do it himself.  Assuming he has turned 18, your son is regarded as an adult,  and schools will not allow a parent to act on his behalf.  But this is just for academics -- as for reinstatement of athletic scholarships your son would need to talk to his coach or the staff.  Good luck to him.  Remote learning has been tough for many.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.