Skip to main content

My son just received his first scholarship offer today, from a D2 school. The offer was for $3000, which is 25% of the tuition cost. His coach says ANY offer to play college baseball is great. I guess we just thought the offer would be more. Is this a common percentage to be offered for a scholarship? Is there room for negotiation? Thanks in advance for any help, since our family is very new to this process.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by bbdad10:
My son just received his first scholarship offer today, from a D2 school. The offer was for $3000, which is 25% of the tuition cost. His coach says ANY offer to play college baseball is great. I guess we just thought the offer would be more. Is this a common percentage to be offered for a scholarship? Is there room for negotiation? Thanks in advance for any help, since our family is very new to this process.

bbdad10 - welcome!

IMHO, that is a pretty darn good offer! The key here is this a good home for your son? Would he love attending this school and playing for that coach? If the answer is yes, then that is an outstanding offer.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.