Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I’m not sure if the original poster’s intent, but this list can be used for two things that I can think of: Who has a lot of players with TWO years of additional eligibility. (Helpful to note which schools have graduate programs in this case) and which schools are more likely to shut down sports. (I really hope Covid was a once in a lifetime phenomenon but it might give some parents pause-not debating validity or not)

NYIT is shut down until 2023.

Currently 2 JUCOs waiting until fall of 2022 to come back

Cuyahoga CC

Sinclair CC - https://www.sinclair.edu/student-life/athletics/

Thanks for the correction.   A D2 in Long Island and 2 JUCOs in OH.

CCC was 12-43 in 2019.  NYIT was 37-16 in 2019 and was previously Independent (no conference) for a few years.  Sinclair was 51-10 in 2019 but the program has only been in existence for 3 years before Covid cancelled 2019 season.   I'm not sure if these are great rock solid programs to use as exception examples.   Possibly there are other reasons leading to this decision.

@fenwaysouth posted:

CCC was 12-43 in 2019.  NYIT was 37-16 in 2019 and was previously Independent (no conference) for a few years.  Sinclair was 51-10 in 2019 but the program has only been in existence for 3 years before Covid cancelled 2019 season.   I'm not sure if these are great rock solid programs to use as exception examples.   Possibly there are other reasons leading to this decision.

NYIT was D1 Independent.

Dropped to D2 in 2018.

Played in East Coast Conference.

Would have the ability to create future rivalry with

Northeast-10 Conference e.g

Adelphi

NYIT_2020_team-historical-results

Sinclair has been successful.

In 2021, they had 38 players at 4 yr schools.

Sinclair CC_2021_juco-distribution

Since 2017, W/L 153-41-0

Sinclair CC_2021_team-historical-results

Insights still pending final review.

Attachments

Images (3)
  • NYIT_2020_team-historical-results
  • Sinclair CC_2021_juco-distribution
  • Sinclair CC_2021_team-historical-results
@fenwaysouth posted:

I remember seeing this article last year

https://www.audacy.com/wfan/ar...r-at-least-two-years

2020 Budget was 5m

NYIT_2020_sport-expense

2019 - was 5.8m

NYIT_2019_sport-expense

10 yr baseball budget

NYIT_2020_history-trend

Here is Sinclair's baseball financial for the last 10 year.

Sinclair CC_2020_history-trend

Attachments

Images (4)
  • NYIT_2020_sport-expense
  • NYIT_2020_history-trend
  • NYIT_2019_sport-expense
  • Sinclair CC_2020_history-trend

Anybody familiar with these schools and their recruiting know whether not playing has impacted these school's ability to attract the players they normally do?

From what I've heard it's irrelevant at worst for the HA schools. 

At best, I think they'll have a lot of talent.  TBH, if my kid had returned as originally planned for a post-grad 5th year, even though he was a 3 year starter, I'd be very worried that a young buck who had been playing non-stop through the pandemic might take his position.

@used2lurk posted:

Other NESCAC schools “played” but Middlebury (for example) played 8 games with 15 players on roster. They played Amherst, Williams and cant recall for 2 games each. Zero winter sports for those schools.

Those 15 players on Midd last season were predominantly freshman. Most soph's and juniors took spring semester off, and most all played in summer leagues the past summer.

@JCG posted:

From what I've heard it's irrelevant at worst for the HA schools.

At best, I think they'll have a lot of talent.  TBH, if my kid had returned as originally planned for a post-grad 5th year, even though he was a 3 year starter, I'd be very worried that a young buck who had been playing non-stop through the pandemic might take his position.

Did your son play summer ball? Don’t you think as a 22/23yo he would have a tremendous physical advantage over an 18/19yo? Wouldn’t he have a tremendous maturity advantage?

Last edited by RJM

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.