Skip to main content

LOL. that was the understatement of the year. All PW had left (after going through 8 pitchers in 2 days)was a JV kid(s) throwing 60MPH and a kid straight out of the Bull Durham movie. Couldn't hit water standing inside a boat. Pretty Funny.

The positive from the folks at PW was that they found a new SS and nobody could touch Huber or Blum and they can score in bunches when rested.They said that Parker, Ford and Blum were impressive as usual at the plate, as well as Machbitz
quote:
Originally posted by doubleday:
Rock Hardball Classic

Game 4: Southlake Carroll over Austin HS 3-2
WP - Bailey

Game 5: Brenham over Southlake Carroll 7-6

In the final game both teams made mistakes typical of early season baseball. The game was back and forth with SLC taking a 6-5 lead into the 6th. Brenham scored 2 in the top of the 6th to take the lead and SLC could not get a run across in the bottom half with runners on 1st and 3rd with 1 out. There was no score by either team in the 7th.

Some good competition down in Round Rock. SLC finished the tourney 4-1.

Good start SLC. Even with no pitching left you still battled. District is right around the corner.
quote:
Originally posted by hornsr1:
LOL. that was the understatement of the year. All PW had left (after going through 8 pitchers in 2 days)was a JV kid(s) throwing 60MPH and a kid straight out of the Bull Durham movie. Couldn't hit water standing inside a boat. Pretty Funny.

The positive from the folks at PW was that they found a new SS and nobody could touch Huber or Blum and they can score in bunches when rested.They said that Parker, Ford and Blum were impressive as usual at the plate, as well as Machbitz

No need to insult kids. You know they will see this. Grow up.
quote:
LOL, they didn't run out of hitting, PW scorched the Plano pitcher, but it was one of those days when everything went right at someone and the other team found all the holes. That is baseball. I can assure you that PW has bats as good as anyone. Period. Look at the scores from this weekend.
Scorched is a word that should be used when you score more tan......1
I totally agree with BigRed - Hornsr1, were you at the games?

West had more successful pitchers and hitters than just the ones you mentioned

Please refrain from insulting any individual players - as we all know, all kids have bad days! Your insults were uncalled for and should not be tolerated on this site!!!!!!

And - do we really think any team will go undefeated this year?
quote:
Originally posted by mom47:
Good question. Plano West was in the McKinney tournament and we faced the Woodlands. Great game.

Just wanted to set the record straight here!! MOM 47 your facts are grossly incorrect! You did not play The Woodlands at all this past weekend. The Woodlands hosted their own tournament that I covered for the website H5AB.com. What you did see is your team play a very good game against College Park, another team in the Conroe ISD located on the oposite side of the freeway from The Woodlands High School.

McKinney ISD Tourney, played in McKinney, TX
College Park 12 Willis 7
College Park 16 Allen 3
McKinney 2 College Park 1
Plano West 11 College Park 10

The Woodlands Tournament played in The Woodlands, TX
Georgetown 7 Langham Creek 1
The Woodlands 10 Flower Mound 2 Win-Jameson Taillon 8K/2H, Loss-Zach Adams
The Woodlands 16 CC Carroll 4 Win-Brickhouse, Loss-Hawkins. HR-TW-Azar, Davis
Georgetown 11 Flower Mound 8
Langham Creek 12 CC Carroll 5 Win-Michael Gothard
Langham Creek 7 Georgetown 6 Win-Jeremy Leonhardt. LC-Mitchell Juergens-3B w/2RBI-Walk off
CC Carroll 8 Langham Creek 1
Georgetown 8 Westside 8
Flower Mound 9 The Woodlands 3 Win-Millard, Loss-Godail (Line score)
The Woodlands 11 The Westside 0 Win-Frey(CG-1H), Loss-Mengden (Line score)
Last edited by H5AB
I got your back Mom47: Well, I wouldn't say "GROSSLY incorrect" Mr. H5aB!!! Geez!! We were in the same tournament, and the name on the bracket was The Woodlands College Park. Just a simple mistake, not a "GROSSLY mistake"!!!

quote:
Originally posted by H5AB:
quote:
Originally posted by mom47:
Good question. Plano West was in the McKinney tournament and we faced the Woodlands. Great game.

Just wanted to set the record straight here!! MOM 47 your facts are grossly incorrect! You did not play The Woodlands at all this past weekend. The Woodlands hosted their own tournament that I covered for the website H5AB.com. What you did see is your team play a very good game against College Park, another team in the Conroe ISD located on the oposite side of the freeway from The Woodlands High School.
quote:
Originally posted by Big Red:
quote:

No need to insult kids. You know they will see this. Grow up.

Big Red... This guy did the same thing last year. Trashing Plano West players in this forum... I agree with you... no need to say negative things about boys or children...
[QUOTE]Originally posted by MustangMom:
I got your back Mom47: Well, I wouldn't say "GROSSLY incorrect" Mr. H5aB!!! Geez!! We were in the same tournament, and the name on the bracket was The Woodlands College Park. Just a simple mistake, not a "GROSSLY mistake"!!!

There is a huge difference between playing the #1 team in the state, The Woodlands and the #10, College Park. And while I realize College Park is sometimes referd to as The Woodlands College Park, nowhere on their uniforms does it say The Woodlands. Their unis say College Park while The Woodlands unis say just that, The Woodlands. Just sayin-
All I am saying is you should choose your words and tone more carefully next time! Mom47's comment was hardly GROSSLY incorrect, and there is no need in speaking rudely!!! No doubt The Woodlands has a great team with a great pitcher in Jameson Taillon. I didn't think THE WOODLANDS have had a state championship since 2006. Last year, weren't they 3rd in 14-5A district, behind College Park who took 1st in 14-5A district? Just saying!

quote:
Originally posted by H5AB:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by MustangMom:

There is a huge difference between playing the #1 team in the state, The Woodlands and the #10, College Park. And while I realize College Park is sometimes referd to as The Woodlands College Park, nowhere on their uniforms does it say The Woodlands. Their unis say College Park while The Woodlands unis say just that, The Woodlands. Just sayin-
The weather for games on Friday was terrible! It was so cold and wet it was hard for anyone to pitch the way they normally would.

It will be interesting to see how some of these team match up with warmer weather and some more games under their belt. Just because some teams haven't so great yet, doesn't mean anything. The best is yet to come. I know some kids just have not been able to get in their grove yet. Don't count any team out yet. Good Luck to all! I hope this crapy weather goes away for a long time!! I miss the sun!
quote:
Originally posted by dieselpusher:
what happened to Flower Mound in Houston? How did they look

FM went 2 and 2 with wins over The Woodlands and Houston Westside and lost to Georgetown and The Woodlands. FM looked good when they won and bad when they lost. Considering the level of competition and time of year not a bad weekend.
quote:
All I am saying is you should choose your words and tone more carefully next time! Mom47's comment was hardly GROSSLY incorrect, and there is no need in speaking rudely!!! No doubt The Woodlands has a great team with a great pitcher in Jameson Taillon. I didn't think THE WOODLANDS have had a state championship since 2006. Last year, weren't they 3rd in 14-5A district, behind College Park who took 1st in 14-5A district? Just saying!

We will just have to agree to disagree. Saying you played the Woodlands when in fact you played college Park is grossly incorrect especialy after she was corrected and came bsck and still said they played the Wowdlands. The dif between the 2 teams in 2010 is emense.

Yes you are correct about the Woodlands winning the State Championship in 2006, their 2nd to date and the Houston area's 16th of 28 5A Championships on record.
quote:
The Woodlands High School Highlanders from The Woodlands, Tx.

College Park High School Cavaliers from The Woodlands, Tx.

Two great High Schools from the same town, in the same school district. Easy mistake to make.... until you've played both of them.

We had the pleasure of playing THE Woodlands at their place a couple of years ago and once you walk up and see the tradition hanging on the walls you know who is who for sure.
I'm hearing that The Woodlands pitching staff is one of the best in the state in some time. In fact an area scout the other day made a (somewhat sarcastic) comment that the two best pitching staffs in the state were the University of Texas and The Woodlands High School. He also said something a long the lines of "the #4 at TWHS is 93 and they can't even get him innings." Funny stuff...
quote:
I'm hearing that The Woodlands pitching staff is one of the best in the state in some time. In fact an area scout the other day made a (somewhat sarcastic) comment that the two best pitching staffs in the state were the University of Texas and The Woodlands High School. He also said something a long the lines of "the #4 at TWHS is 93 and they can't even get him innings." Funny stuff...

I think The Woodlands staff is one of the best in the sate from what ive seen over the past year. The # 4 you heard about is likely #3 Brian Brickhouse a jr committed to UNC. Taillon and Frey will make it tough for Brickhouse, Godail, or anyone else to get any innings thats for sure. What many people are over looking at the Woodlands is their powerful offense. They have as complete a team as they had in 2006 when they won the 5A State.
quote:
We may as well just hand the State Championship trophy to The Woodlands now cause as we all know the games are played on paper right???

No one's saying that Doubleday. Baseball people are just talking about their pitching staff. It's a long season and a lot of things can happen.
quote:
We will just have to agree to disagree. Saying you played the Woodlands when in fact you played college Park is grossly incorrect especialy after she was corrected and came bsck and still said they played the Wowdlands.

Houston- what the two mother hens don't get, and i will try and put it in north Texas terms,, is saying you beat Woodlands (though it was really College Park HS) is like if you were in a tourney A and said you beat Arlington HS, though in fact you actually played either, Arlington Martin, or Arlington Sam Houston, or Arlington Lamar, or Arlington Bowie.. it is about knowing what's going on.... big difference when it's two different schools.... Mothers of this board: College Park is a high school in The Woodlands...

Big difference between playing Bowie or Arlington Bowie... big difference in playing Boyd, or McKinney Boyd...

just the facts ma'am...
quote:
We may as well just hand the State Championship trophy to The Woodlands now cause as we all know the games are played on paper right???

I am in no way saying The Woodlands have won anything either on paper or the field. I was just commenting on my observation of the 2006 and 2010 team (their similarities). The games will be played and it will be settled on the field. Believe me, I am perfectly aware of that.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.