Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

As posted elsewhere:

"Scroll down for the list of 2009's that have been signed to Major League Baseball Scout Teams. Jo Jo Maldonado and Justin Ringo have been signed by the Los Angeles Dodgers Scout team! Maldonado also had a tryout for Team USA!
Jack Fisher 2010 was signed by the Angles! Robert Kennedy to the Texas Rangers scout team!
Congratulations to the players picked up by area scout league teams - Now only a few steps away from the Big Show!
More Roster Moves posted Tonight. November Signing Date approaches. We Have the list of players who have been offered scholarships! White Sox Scout Team story".

"Major League Baseball - Fall Scout League in Illinois - The Boston Red Sox, Los Angeles Dodgers, Texas Rangers, Anaheim Angeles and Chicago White Sox have selected scout sponsored invitation only teams to play in fall league and the Midwest Pro Scout Invitational Sep 29th - Featuring the top prospects in the Midwest".

Some others have told me that this is all a big load. Any opinions?
Last edited by JKennedy
quote:
Originally posted by JKennedy:

Some others have told me that this is all a big load. Any opinions?

My son was recommended for this league, we had to fill out waivers from the Los Angeles Dodgers organization as well as Major League Baseball. We also filled out questionnaires for the Major League Scouting Bureau. The total cost for this league is ($0). Looks pretty legit so far. This week was supposed to be the opening weekend but due to all the rain it has been postponed until next weekend. They have scheduled BP and a light workout session for today.
I can give some more information after next week....
The CFSL has been around for a few years. It has been a work in progress for at least three years or so.

Hank Lott and a few others, whom I'm not familiar with, have been intrumental in creating this program.

Hank can be seen at many inner city games watching games and scoping talent. He's been a scout for the Mets, A's and a few other teams I believe. He's a good guy. This year the program seems to have taken a step towards becoming more well known with players on teams in the burbs. It is a legit outfit, you'll probably hear more about it as time goes by.

I'm interested in that info that was posted above regarding signings? Where was that information originally posted..can you provide a link, JKennedy??
JKennedy,
Here are the answers to your questions:
1) The Major League Teams associated with the Scout Teams supply uniforms, balls, wood bats, equipment and a monetary donation to cover the umpires.
2) All players are recommended by a pro scout.
3) All teams are coached, and instruction given, by the Area Scout and assisted by the Associate Scouts and/or other Area Scouts.
Hope this helps.
That the major league team is sponsoring the team and that the area scout runs the team. Specifically the Angels. I am checking further to make sure that I am correct, but my source at this time states that the Angels are not involved. That is why I ask the question about who the scout was for the Angels team. So I guess you lost that bet Fungo master and MD42.
To my understanding Major League baseball always donated an amount of money to get minorities in the inner city an opportunity to play baseball....get more kids involved in baseball...All Major League teams contribute to this fund..Grants are made available for anyone who wishes to apply for them..and money is alloted on a NEEDS based criteria.
A group of scouts, associate scouts have formed this league and expanded it to include other kids...
As far as a specific team actually sponsoring a specific team in this league; I doubt it....It is probably an Angel associate scout or an Angel scout coaching the team and calling it the Angels in the respective league... INDIRECTLY, the Angels are part of the money source; but in all actuality it is Major League Baseball sponsoring all of the teams from what i understand.-- IT IS DEFINITELY A LEGITIMATE LEAGUE with baseball people overseeing it who should be applauded for their efforts...
Regardless of who is sponsoring what...IT IS AN EXCELLENT ORGANIZATION and great opportunity for the kids to participate in the league and giving them the opportunity to PLAY IN THE FALL!!!! HATS OFF TO THE ASSOCIATE SCOUTS and other coaches who got together to form this organization.....and hats off to MLB for partially funding it...
Last edited by woodly
price of gas 3.50 per gal, new spikes for fall ball $110, entry fee for fall league $800, the face on all the dads who's kids didn't get picked to the free fall scout league and now are scrambling to find reasons to bash it.. priceless. Fall scout leagues are legitimate and believe me they can do more for your kid than the high school coach!
Deldad -- I think the part about you identifying your "source" has not been met - and I will increase the odds to 20-1 that it will not happen.

Woodly - since you are an industry guy -- I will send you a PM.

To clear this up thoroughly -- the Angels' Area Scout ran their Registration Day workout ... so unless your "source" is the Angels' Scouting Director ....
My source was an area scout but not the one for Chicago. Here is what I have learned in the past 24. That the Area scout did in fact recommend the players for the team and it will be coached by an associate scout. That the Angels have agreed to test this concept in the Chicago area. They only have one other scout type team and that is located in Southern Cali. So Windy City's info was very correct. And it sounds like a very good program. MD42 is that close enough to satisfy your bet or do I need to PM you with a name?

Apologies to any I have offended. Probably should have done the homework first.
As posted on another website.

Scroll down for the list of 2009's that have been signed to Major League Baseball Scout Teams. Jo Jo Maldonado and Justin Ringo have been signed by the Los Angeles Dodgers Scout team! Maldonado also had a tryout for Team USA!
Jack Fisher 2010 was signed by the Angles! Robert Kennedy to the Texas Rangers scout team!
Congratulations to the players picked up by area scout league teams - Now only a few steps away from the Big Show!
More Roster Moves posted Tonight. November Signing Date approaches. We Have the list of players who have been offered scholarships! White Sox Scout Team story.
Copy link to browser
http://www.leaguelineup.com/welcome.asp?url=cfslbaseball
TBS-USA #1 Prospect Source!

Some others tell me this is all a bunch of cr@p. Any opinions?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.