Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Can't hardly wait to watch some baseball tonight!!! I wish Poteet would play Heath too!! I would love to see who would win and the score? Who do you think would win? I know it is ONLY a scrimmage, but it is a good guage!

quote:
Originally posted by go pirates:
quote:
..FINALLY - get to watch a baseball game (scrimmage) with the SUN out!!
applaude

AMEN! Poteet and WT White at 4pm
Wish we were making up the Heath scrimmage, but at least it's some innings.
Okay, Beast and Go Pirates. I am sure that someone, somewhere is buying your poor, poor, pitiful Poteet act but after you guys run those 3 pitchers out there and win 30 games this year you guys will have to come clean. Poteet is one team on a short list in our region that has a very legitimate shot at playing in Dell Diamond this June. Yes, Heath has some pitching also but we also have 2 sophomores that we are counting on, so who knows? I think Poteet runs roughshod though their district and makes a long playoff run.
quote:
Originally posted by Big Train:
Okay, Beast and Go Pirates. I am sure that someone, somewhere is buying your poor, poor, pitiful Poteet act but after you guys run those 3 pitchers out there and win 30 games this year you guys will have to come clean. Poteet is one team on a short list in our region that has a very legitimate shot at playing in Dell Diamond this June. Yes, Heath has some pitching also but we also have 2 sophomores that we are counting on, so who knows? I think Poteet runs roughshod though their district and makes a long playoff run.
Amen Big Train! I did not think about it like this. GoPirates is just playing dumb now I understand what he is doing, actully it's pretty smart on his part to keep under the radar, but it won't last long because Poteet is just to talented!
I really appreciate the respect that Poteet receives and probably deserves because of the great job that Doe and Nowell have done with the program. We are a lot like the Colts, in that we expect to win and anything short of Austin is not acceptable. We also know how many really good teams that there are in our area and region. Looking ahead and with no disrespect to any program, this is what it would take for a Heath/Poteet Regional Final. Poteet has to win a district that includes Forney and Red Oak. Then beat either Corsicana, Ennis, or Waxahachie in the first round. After that you have two rounds against very tough east texas programs such as Whitehouse or Sulpher Springs. Your reward then is to play either Mckinney or Mckinney North. Heath has to face either Wakeland or Sherman in round one before getting a bye against a DISD team, then finishing up against either Mckinney or North and then an east texas school. There are a lot of good programs that can ruin that match up, but heres to hoping it happens. By the way...whoever comes out of region 2 is probably the only school that has a shot at beating Moody or Calallen.
Because of the scrimmage last night, it is unlikely according to the PW parents, that u will see Huber or Blum (maybe in a very reduced role, maybe 1 inning). Last night vs McKinney they pitched 3 innings total, 9 Ks, No hits. the parents said there were alot of MLB Scouts there to watch. They said McKinney's Lee looked good also.
Blum-Richmond
Huber- Duke
Ford- MLB Draft, various
Parker- Auburn, UCA, Yale, MIT various

Acoording to the folks at PW, both have D1 offers but are waiting to sign. Actually, all 4 are being looked at by pro scouts. This is all the detail that I have.

All 4 have played together since they were 10 years old and Blum, Parker and Ford were in the starting lineup in the 5A State Championship game.

I don't get out to many games anymore, just keep up through friends. My son graduated in 2008.
quote:
Yes, with (4) D1 guys on PW and the (2) on McKinney, they had alot to look at. I heard that Parker for PW was the most impressive hitter/runner between them all last night. It is early. Wish I could have seen them play.

I have never seen that many scouts at one place. There were at least 40.

Pitching dominated the game early, there were no scores until the 5th.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.