Skip to main content

He’s obviously a bright guy. He’s obviously a great executive. He took two pennant famished organizations to World Series championships.

Yesterday he said there has to be some balance between analytics and entertainment. He has regrets despite championships what analytics has done to the game. He said there’s far too much striking out. The ball isn’t in play often enough to maintain an entertainment level.

Is a person this open minded about the game and introspective about himself a better potential commissioner than Manfred?

** The dream is free. Work ethic sold separately. **

Last edited by RJM
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I would love to see Epstein return to Boston, put together a group and buy the Sox from John Henry. His investment company hasn’t done well in the past few years. His personal wealth is less than half what it used to be.

Henry has to be one of the least liked winners by his own fans. It’s hard to trust a guy who either doesn’t speak or talks out of both sides of his mouth.

Congratulations to Mrs. John Henry for becoming CEO of the John Henry owned Boston Globe. < sarcasm

John Henry ... Proof an androgynous nerd can get a hottie if he has enough money. He’s 29 years older.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • mceclip0
Last edited by RJM
@RJM posted:

I would love to see Epstein return to Boston, put together a group and buy the Sox from John Henry. His investment company hasn’t done well in the past few years. His personal wealth is less than half what it used to be.

Henry has to be one of the least liked winners by his own fans. It’s hard to trust a guy who either doesn’t speak or talks out of both sides of his mouth.

Congratulations to Mrs. John Henry for becoming CEO of the John Henry owned Boston Globe. < sarcasm

John Henry ... Proof an androgynous nerd can get a hottie if he has enough money. He’s 29 years older.

"Love is love."

LOL!

Why?  He didn't really like working for 1 owner.   He certainly isn't going to like working for 30 with different business agendas and personnel issues.

He would make a great commissioner if given a chance.   But I don't see owners agreeing on giving him that chance.   He's too much about the game and not enough about making the owners richer.

JMO.

@RJM posted:

Works either way.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • mceclip0

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.