Skip to main content

My son is a college So. RHP. He is interested in a one or two day camp in late December put on by an outfit called SideArmNation.com. They advertise college and professional players and coaches as instructors. There would be 40 campers at an indoor facility. They obviously cater to sidearmers. Anyone ever hear of this group or know anything about them?

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I followed sidearm Nation for a while.  My son is also a college soph. For a while I kept track of his camps hoping that he'd come to our area. I believe the coach/former player is Canadian? My son was not interested. He is a self taught sidearm guy (most are I guess) and I I always thought he might benefit from some sidearm specific instruction. 

My son is a Fr. college pitcher. Converted to sidearm in rising Senior summer of HS because it felt better/healthier and gave him some new attention from colleges. He went to a Sidearm nation camp this past summer in Indianapolis. He said it was ok but wouldn't necessarily go if he knew how it was going to be. They really didn't do much of signficant value. Didn't even use video, let alone pitch design tech like Rapsodo or similar technology. That would have been valuable. I wouldn't suggest traveling a long distance for the camp, but might get something out of it for a relatively reasonable price if you're close by and have the time available.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.