Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

baseballfan100001 - how do you know it was the same plate umpire for both games? Do you have a name, a number, a description, etc.? What are the facts that YOU have to prove it?

Oh, and IndianRiver fan, if the plate guy you said was horrible, how is he working a regional game behind the plate? That job isn't won in a predetermined lottery or designated to the umpire who finds the "golden ticket" in a wonka barSmile
I was there for the game but must not remember seeing it or forgot about it, but throwing the helmet could definetly get him ejected. Umpires know what is on the line with these tournaments, so the yelling, as long as it was nothing personal, probably would have been ignored. I will say that when it comes to sportsmanship and how players act on the field, no body will remeber the 20 good games these players had (Boyce, Cartwright) they only know what just happened.
Maybe i was mistaken about the umpires..

BUT, this is not the MLB, this is not college. this is highschool. and you are absolutely wrong. because this is HIGHSCHOOL, the only ones that are going to remember Boyce and Cartwright are going to be their coaches and teammates, and for THEIR 20 GAME SEASON.

Grow up blindblu, this is HIGHSCHOOL, and these are TEENAGERS, they get emotional. This is not the first time a player has been ejected, and it wont be the last. I dont even follow the beach that much and i know that Boyce was an all-district catcher and a heck of a hitter, and THATS what i`m going to remember about him. I`m going to remember Cartwright as going 4-0 on the mound and an all-district first baseman.
Both of these players were playing their LAST HIGHSCHOOL GAME EVER, what do you expect, for them to be happy? Laugh it off? Mature adults don't even do that.

Just end this nonsense. This isn't sometype of MLB Gossip Page where we bash every player we dont like, THIS IS HIGHSCHOOL.
Nobody said this was a MLB page, but people do remember. I don't expect anybody to be happy about losing, but do you really think the coaches were happy about the behavior of the players. You think they can get away with that type of stuff at the next level. This thread is about sportsmanship and all I'm saying is at next years regional ask somebody what they remember about this year and I guarantee they will say "remember that guy that got thrown out from Indian River".
Last edited by blindblu
That guy went 4 and 0 after tearing over 75% of his ligament in his pitching arm. that guy was an all district first baseman at 5 ft 8 with cleats on. That guy has played baseball with all these IR kids since he was 7 years old, without getting tossed in hundreds of games, that guy is moving on to college to play golf so I can tell you this, that guy has enjoyed playing baseball at IR ( loved it) but by next years regional, even that guy will have let it go by then, maybe you guys should also.
sorry i did not think people would act like this. but i did not say anything about the cartwright kid that is a total different situation then boyces. cartwright was not doing anything to the umps. Yea kids are kids and things happen but just doing something like that just once is not a good thing and any coach will tell you that.

marty mcneill
Players do what their parents and coaches allow them to do, plain and simple. My dad told my coaches that if they didn't yank me out of a game for showing up an umpire or throwing a temper tantrum, he would do it himself. Most kids are pretty good kids, and sometimes their emotions get the best of them. What are we to expect from our kids when parents are making excuses and chastising umpires? Umpires very rarely, if ever, decide a game. In a game with 200 pitches, one 3-2 pitch did not decide it. How many pitches which could have been driven into the gap were not? There has never been a college coach or pro scout who changed their mind about a kid because of the RESULT of one pitch, but many have decided against a kid because of the way he handled the situation that one pitch put him in.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.