Skip to main content

That's awesome Hunter.  

Got final news about son. Tommy John surgery with Dr Kremchek this Friday. Said original MRI was "terrible". Did X-ray, ultrasound, and a contrast MRI with fluid. Showed a significant tear across the middle of muscle. Holding on a one end by a couple threads. 

The difference in the whole process of diagnosis was like mid day at the equator on the longest day of year vs midnight in anartica on shortest day of year. 

He is ok with outcome. He has been saying surgery since it happened. 

More to come but will move it out of this topic. This topic is about boys on the field. Looking forward to all the upcoming updates

Speaking of that bonding the other downside of Surgey this Friday vs later. I was set to drive him 7 hours to North Carolina after appointment today to be with his team for rest of his teams spring break week trip. I was just going to sleep night and come back but was REALLY looking forward to that 7 hour trip today just to hang out and shot the breeze with him.

Our relationship has grown so much since he was off to college and I stopped giving him the vibe that I was interested in him the athlete and was interested in him as my son. Would have been a fun 7 hours.

As an over worried and therefore to involved for dad. Make sure you tell your kids you love them. Not who they are or who you are trying to get them to be. 

Clemson Tigers had their first annual meeting with state rival South Carolina last night.  The Tigers made some mistakes which cost them dearly, but overall, I think that they did pretty well against a guy throwing mid 90's and a ranked team, as well as considering that the Tigers did not have one senior in their line up.

Very interesting to note that the SC pitcher last night Clarke Schmidt, is the brother of the Tigers pitcher, Clate Schmidt who will start the game this afternoon in Greenville (neutral)  for the Tigers.

Imagine being the parents of those boys!  

FWIW, Tiger starting pitcher Clate Schmidt battled and beat lymphoma last season. You always hear about stories of players never giving up, this one surely is a great story.  

That's why it is so very important to enjoy one game at a time and there will be good games as well as bad ones for your players as well as for their teams.  It comes with the territory. 

So stop getting stressed over the silly stuff and enjoy the ride!!!

That is a great story about Clate Schmidt. My girl friend works the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and I shared this note with her. This is how great stories spread! Congrats to the family. (Now I just want the warm weather to come north so we too can start enjoying baseball!)

_____

Amazon: Going with the Pitch SE

Author of "Going with the Pitch: Adjusting to Baseball, School and Life as a Division I College Athlete" (Second Edition)

TPM posted:

Clemson Tigers had their first annual meeting with state rival South Carolina last night.  The Tigers made some mistakes which cost them dearly, but overall, I think that they did pretty well against a guy throwing mid 90's and a ranked team, as well as considering that the Tigers did not have one senior in their line up.

Freshman Ryley Gilliam gets a mention from Aaron Fitt after a good weekend for Clemson.

https://twitter.com/aaronfitt/...s/706612033366536193

I had the opportunity to take my family to watch Clemson play opening weekend and sat around a lot of the parents. There were a couple freshman that played on the Saturday game and could only imagine how proud their parents must have felt. 

All the parents actually.  What  great moments. Also got the opportunity to talk to a parent from Maine.

Congrats to all your kids AND to the parents. Lots of time and commitment. Nothing like seeing your child succeed in their dreams.

At my sons game on Saturday, son's housemate, a little if any used backup catcher got a chance to pinch hit late in the game.  First pitch, he drives it out over the left center field fence for a two run homer.

It's another of those stories of a great kid, hard worker, who had a great HS career that got stuck behind more talented players. This kid never gripes, shows up every and day does his job.  He will graduate this spring and already has multiple job offers.  He got mobbed on the way to the dugout. It was a great day for him.

i was fortunate to be behind the backstop, got my phone out and got it all on video. His parents weren't coming for the Saturday game, I don't know who I was happier for the kid or the dad. Dad told me he got tears in his eyes watching his boy cross the plate and get all of the high fives and helmet bumps.. 

Afterwards we took my son and the kid out to dinner, I bet he still has a smile on his face.. I still do!

mmm1531 posted:

At my sons game on Saturday, son's housemate, a little if any used backup catcher got a chance to pinch hit late in the game.  First pitch, he drives it out over the left center field fence for a two run homer.

It's another of those stories of a great kid, hard worker, who had a great HS career that got stuck behind more talented players. This kid never gripes, shows up every and day does his job.  He will graduate this spring and already has multiple job offers.  He got mobbed on the way to the dugout. It was a great day for him.

i was fortunate to be behind the backstop, got my phone out and got it all on video. His parents weren't coming for the Saturday game, I don't know who I was happier for the kid or the dad. Dad told me he got tears in his eyes watching his boy cross the plate and get all of the high fives and helmet bumps.. 

Afterwards we took my son and the kid out to dinner, I bet he still has a smile on his face.. I still do!

Great story, and evidence of character, patience, work ethic & team by this kid.  

Every employer wanted this kid before, & now he's got a great story to tell.

Good luck to him & your son this season.  Awesome share....

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.