Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

My son listens to Springer all the time.

Not sure his CD is for high school players and below so much. I don't think amateur players have to go up there looking for curve balls all that much unless they are down in the count. For professional hitters, the advice makes lots of sense because pitchers can pitch backwards ie., throw breaking balls in fastball counts and vis versa.

I love his advice where he tells hitters to go up there looking for what you are going to "get" as opposed to what you "want" to hit.
CD - Agree the CD mostly makes sense for high school (if playing serious ball) and above. However, one thing my boy needs to hear from people other than me is that a line drive to short is a quality at-bat. These little kids who do well at the early levels need be taught that batting average is not very important. I am continually looking for ways to prepare him for real baseball. I am going to order the package and give the CD to a friend. Thanks.

BTW, I watched the documentary on Augie Garrido this weekend. Outstanding communicator and leader. Very enjoyable DVD.
CD I have to disagree with you on who should listen. Perfect for the serious high school player, in fact every serious HS player should have the audio CD on his iPod. My son listens to it prior to games, usually every away game since he has the time in the car/bus, he LOVES this guy. He has seen him a couple of times at Jaeger camps and the guy is even better in person.

Funny story, he went 1 for 4 a few weeks ago and one of the coaches was ribbing him about it and he looked the coach straight in the eye and said "coach you are wrong, I had 4 quality at bats and hit the ball hard 4 times, I can't do anything about what happens after I hit the ball, particularly if I hit it hard." The coach looked at him and said "you know what you are right" and walked away.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.