Skip to main content

PitchingFan posted:

Technology has changed and twitter DM's are becoming the new emails because people perceive they are personal and not generated but they can be.  New software for coaches has DM's as an option along with snapchat and instagram.  The newest is a snapchat from practice with a note inviting them to a camp.  No one assumes you can mass generate snapchats but you can through the newer recruiting software. 

PitchingFan:  Not trying to challenge you; just curious--  What do you base the above on re: mass targeting for Twitter DMs and Snapchat/Instagram messages?  Maybe you work in a related industry or have an article link you could share?  It makes sense that someone would develop the ability to target these media, since there are $$ to be made.  I just hadn't heard of DMs as targeted marketing, at least not for users as small as college baseball camps.  (I also don't use social media much at all...)  

This is an article that I read recently for using marketing through DM's.  I am involved in the Supplemental Insurance Industry along with being a pastor.  My curiosity was raised when I started receiving DM's through several social media outlets for church and insurance stuff.  I asked my son who is a college softball coach and he confirmed that there are larger programs that are beginning to use it on a regular basis.  The technology is still not cheap but the bigger soliciting programs have it as an add-on.  You must remember that every questionnaire you fill out for baseball has all of that information on it for twitter, snapchat, and instagram.  It was just a matter of time before it was going to be used.  I know they use it to link with players and also to keep a track on information they follow, retweet, and the likes.  This is the next step.  The first one I got for baseball looked like a personal note just for me about college scholarships.  Then I did  a search and it showed up as a targeted audience statement.  The next aspect of cold sales.  I must admit that I have used some when I was able to.  It happens all the time now with linked-in.

https://www.relevance.com/why-...rm-marketing-emails/

Last edited by PitchingFan

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.