Skip to main content

I just found this site......it has a WEALTH of GREAT information! I see many of you have a lot of experience with college recruiting and I'd appreciate some feedback, please.

My son (05 RHP/SS) has set a goal of playing D I baseball. His HS coach has encouraged him and says this is a reasonable goal.

Last summer, in addition to playing Legion ball, he was recruited for a team to go to the Baseball America Junior Olympic Tournament in Tucson. The team didn't do well, but it was a GREAT experience for my son!

He also attended the Stanford Baseball Camp in July. He enjoyed that experience, too.

As a result of this exposure, he's received letters from several colleges (Notre Dame, Air Force Academy, University of Hawaii, University of Arizona and a few others). We know these are just letters at this piont and don't mean much, except that he (and hundreds of others!)is on their radar screen (but it IS exciting to see my son's name on Notre Dame stationery!! Big Grin). He has sent transcripts and his baseball schedule to several schools, so we hope someone will be "watching him" this season.

He's looking forward to going to the Stanford Camp again this summer. My question is, should he go back Stanford's camp or is there a benefit in attending a DIFFERENT camp? Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks, in advance, for your help!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Norcalmom, welcome to the board and congrats on your first post.

I suggest that you take a look at your son's list of colleges/baseball programs that he is interested in. (If he hasn't made a list yet, now is the time. You can find a recruiting timeline on the site’s homepage.) Your son’s junior summer is very important, so you both should be looking for events that will provide the most exposure to the schools on your list. If you were referring to the Stanford All-Star Camp, this invitation-only camp is a great opportunity to be seen by many colleges, but look closely at the list of schools that attended. Since you are from northern CA, is your son interested in schools on the west coast? If so, than maybe attending again is not the best choice as most of the schools that participate in this Stanford camp are NOT west-coast schools. Just something to consider when you make your choice. Do your best to get in front of the right audience. A prospect camp at your son’s number one college may be the better option. Cool
Last edited {1}
He should go back to Stanford.....Because of this camp, my son had offers from two D-1 schools back East, and flew back there twice on offical visits. From this camp he recently received phone calls from other coaches. Other college are now interested in him because big schools back East wanted him. This all happened because of the Stanford camp. Because of Stanford it looks like he will play for the college that was always #1 on his list.
norcalmom -
You're quite welcome. If Stanford is #1 you cannot go wrong by attending again. It is a great camp, our son also enjoyed it, and as you know the exposure is first rate. But, consider that they have already seen your son and you have the advantage of being local! Have your son keep in communication with the coaches, let them know of his interest in Stanford and provide them with his spring schedule. That way the coaches can follow your son’s progress if the interest is there. This summer you have an opportunity to continue to broaden your son's exposure. My suggestion is still to view all your options and decide which venues will get your son in front of as many different college coaches on his wish list as your schedule and $$'s will allow.

Good luck to you and all of us here in 2004! Many of us can use all the luck we can get added to our son's baseball talents. Smile
Last edited {1}
I also highly recommend the Stanford All-Star camp. Many top colleges will be attending to help run the camp. An excellent opportunity for exposure to many schools as well as a top instructional camp. It fills up fast and usually for most positions it closes by the end of this month! Don't delay responding if you are interested!
Gotta agree on going to the Stanford Camp if for no other reason than the exposure to so many college coaches. As someone mentioned above, if a west coast school is your goal, there were very, very few there. However, I believe every Ivy school had a rep there and there were dozens of schools represented in all.

I would estimate that my son received contact from about 6 schools after the camp and none were ones he had considered before hand. His number one choice became a D3 school that saw him at the camp. He has verbally "committed" to the coach, he is now just waiting for acceptance by the admissions office.

My son called it the brainiac camp. The first question almost every coach asked him was what his SAT score was. There is an amazing amount of talent at this camp, great instruction. In many ways, good and bad it was an eye opener as to what college sports is about, the amount of work, competition, coaches attitudes etc. If you can, you gotta go.
Norcal,
My son went to try out in Houston for Youth National Team a few years ago. Although he did not make the team, we learned that this was great exposure for him and was seen at the time by some coaches, scouts who had followed his development. He was also very young but was able to keep up with the pitchers who made 2002,2003 first two draft rounds. He is an 04.
Key word is development, if he continues to mature and shows great player potential from year to year, AND excels in class he has a bright future.
My son also had the attitude "I will go where ever I get a full ride". This is not the norm in baseball scholarships. You will notice that as he matures so will his thought process on that subject.
As to Cal Poly- Coach Price left there after 2002. He was at the Stanford 2003 camp as the Kansas coach.

Not aware that anyone from Cal Poly was at the Stanford '03 camp and I'm quite certain that no one from Stanford was at the Cal Poly 03 camp (as they had been in the past when Price was at CP)

the 03 Cal Poly camp was actually a disappointment in terms of other school involvment. It is/was run in a very similar format to the Stanford camp and was advertised that many, many schools would be there. Unfortunately, with Price leaving, they must have lost many "connections". the only other schools present that I saw at the Cal Poly camp was one coach from Tennessee and a coach from UCDavis. The rest were local high school personnel and mostly Cal Poly's staff and some folks from the local semi-pro SLO Blues.

The camp was fine instruction and otherwise, but if your hope was to be "seen" at the Cal Poly camp this past summer, there was very, very, very little exposure other than Cal Poly's own people. It was nothing like Stanford in this respect. For that matter, I think Stanford's camp is unique at least on the west coast. My son has been to camps at SC, UCLA, Pepperdine and others and it is always just there own people. Only at Stanford did we find representatives from other schools and there were dozens.

Several people in fact left early from the Cal Poly camp making alot of noise that it wasn't as advertised (and it wasn't).
Last edited {1}
Kansas University runs a similar camp. Our kid received an invite after attending the Stanford camp. Looks like KU used the Stanford attendee list as a mailing list. Most of the schools at the KU camp were also at Stanford, including Stanford. A couple Big 12 schools not at Stanford were at KU.

Our boy might have gone, but we ran out of showcase money. If I had to do this again I'd still pick Stanford as #1 recruiting camp to attend.

Word to the wise - your player's grades need to stack up to Stanford admissions requirements to ensure an invitation.
You need an invite to the camp. Have son write the obligatory letter to the recruiting coach expressing interest in the program. You'll get back the obligatory survey card. Return the survey card. Based on the data on the card you may/may not receive an invitation in the mail.

Yes, college coaches from schools that are not official participants in the camp will lurk in the stands. We received a call from a school who saw player at camp, but was not listed as a camp coach.
Also: Players are placed on teams and each team has a highly qualified coach, usually one of the head coaches from a University that is scouting the camp. The players attend workouts and training sessions and because the camp is over a 5 day period of time, each team plays several games so position players and pitchers all get plenty of opportunity to perform. The cost is reasonable if you consider that the campers are housed and fed in the dorms for the week. It is a great opportunity for players to learn what college baseball is like and also be seen by numerous schools. thumb
33's. I think it might increase your chance of being invited if your high school or summer coach contacts Stanford about you. I believe last year that they had 262 players and a long waiting list. This camp has become very selective even though the number of campers seems quite large. This approach is not necessary if you already have been contacted or received an invitation from Stanford as they usually make sure that anyone they might be recruiting is invited.
I don't know how they do it or the applicable rule, but from my observation (son attended last summer) there is no way this camp could have been opened to just anyone. Out of nearly 300 kids there, every one I saw could play.

My son has been to other college camps and you get a wide, wide range in talent. At the Stanford camp it was better, better and better still.

Of the schools that have seriously recruited my son, I believe all but 1 saw him at the Stanford camp.

I would not be surprised if it isn't already full. If there are openings still, apply now!
mhs26 and tar, they do what others do, they take a certain # of kids and close it down. my only point is that you do have to accept all comers, like it or not. i was @ the FSU Super Skills Camp last year and though the 44 kids there were all good players, there were some that were obviously not top D1 players. when i asked about this i was told that the camp was open per ncaa rules and that until the quota was reached, they accepted all comers. i had a conversation today with a top D1 recruiter that confirmed that there cannot be an "invitation only" D1 camp.
hey batter, it was open, believe it. there is a way and it works like this. if you are fsu or stanford you can get high quality players, 600 of them at an fsu camp i attended 7 years ago. fsu has 2 camps like this and they ask for advanced players only. then they have one which is an elite camp called super skills that targets some of the best players in the country. in that one they take about 40 kids only. even at super skills there is a small percentage of players with less ability. i do not believe stanford is somehow circumventing the rule.
I'm not in any fashion trying to imply that any rule is broken or any impropriety engaged in, but the manners in which applications can be processed is not that big a deal and most any "result" you want to portray is possible.

My son received an application last year and was accepted to the camp before it ever appeared on their website. I know others who swear they got their app in before other players they knew, yet the other player(s) was accepted and they were told they'd applied too late.

Also, if it's simply open to everyone, why did they call my son's high school coach to get a recommendation.

With all that and from what I saw, if this camp is simply enrolled on a first come first serve basis then they just happened to get apps from 300 of the best high school players I've ever seen before anyone else applied Wink

Last edited {1}
My son was at the 2003 camp. Of the Ivies, Brown,Dartmouth and Harvard were "officially" part of it. I met coaches from every other Ivy except penn, not sure if they were there. All the rest were in the stands every day. Princeton appeared to have their entire staff. Yale had one coach as did Cornell and Columbia.
Dad...Yes, Coach Scott Bradley was at the Stanford camp and scouting for Princeton.

He was there to see a couple of infielders; a couple of pitchers; and, anyone else that he likely felt could help Princeton and get admitted to the school.

He picked up an infielder from Illinois; two pitchers from California.

He also picked up an infielder from Texas and a pitcher from Texas. He lost Will McDaniel, a big righthander, to Rice. Not sure where he is/was with a righthanded pitcher from Chet Lemon's Juice team in Florida.

Looking forward to the entire experience with my family and my son.
Last edited {1}
I just sent my son's application to the Stanford camp off last week. Hope I wasn't too late. He is presently a soph and just finishing up basketball season. He thinks he has more of a future in baseball. Time will tell. My question, does the Stanford camp accept only a certain number of ss or do they lump the middle infielders together for acceptance purposes? I have heard great things about the camp and I know my son will learn a lot and have a very positive experience.Any info appreciated.
its my understanding that no ncaa program can have an invite only camp. lo and behold my son got invited to an ASU invite only camp.He was also invited to Stanford. Stanfords information included no reference to invite only . I'll get back to you when my info is solid. OR IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE THAT CAN ANSWER IF INVITE ONLY IS ALLOWED? NO GUESSING! JUST THE FACTS!
bmx - Don't know for sure, but I would bet it is a good one. Here's what I know.

* Richie Price coached at Cal-Poly before KU and ran a camp very similar to Stanford's there. Was well attended by quality players and coaches.

* Coach Price is good friends with the Stanford coaches and participates himself in the Stanford Camp.

* My son's pitching coach played for Coach Price when he was a JC coach and calls him "the best coach he ever had." Coach Price is very well respected on the West Coast where he coached for years (JC and Cal Poly).

* I believe some of the Stanford coaches attended the Kansas Camp last year - not sure about that, but thats what I heard.

* KU is in the Big 12 - a well regarded baseball conference. Coach Price didn't leave California for nothing - he must believe he can do well there.

Hope that helps.

Our son received an invitation to the Stanford All Star Camp today. It is being held July 1-5. I've read the posts related to this camp and his application will be mailed tomorrow. It is costly- $675 for housing, meals, etc plus airfare, of course, but this sounds like a wonderful venue to get both terrific instruction and also show your skills.
We also received the brochure yesterday. Sent it back yesterday as well! Wink

It has been a two year process for us. Like many others, we tried to get in sophmore-Junior summer, but did not make it. Last year, Stanford had over 1200 applications for 240 - 250 spots.

We have also been to several of Coach Price's showcase/camps. (My '05 went to the summer allstar camp which is similar format to Stanford's. Both my '05 and '07 have been to KU's fall showcase) If you are unable to attend Stanford, then I would definitely recommend KU as a strong alternative. KU's camp is usually the first week in August, and like Stanford has a large number of other college coaches present and participating in the camp.
quote:
Originally posted by norcalmom:
I just found this site......it has a WEALTH of GREAT information! I see many of you have a lot of experience with college recruiting and I'd appreciate some feedback, please.

My son (05 RHP/SS) has set a goal of playing D I baseball. His HS coach has encouraged him and says this is a reasonable goal.

Last summer, in addition to playing Legion ball, he was recruited for a team to go to the Baseball America Junior Olympic Tournament in Tucson. The team didn't do well, but it was a GREAT experience for my son!

He also attended the Stanford Baseball Camp in July. He enjoyed that experience, too.

As a result of this exposure, he's received letters from several colleges (Notre Dame, Air Force Academy, University of Hawaii, University of Arizona and a few others). We know these are just letters at this piont and don't mean much, except that he (and hundreds of others!)is on their radar screen (but it IS exciting to see my son's name on Notre Dame stationery!! Big Grin). He has sent transcripts and his baseball schedule to several schools, so we hope someone will be "watching him" this season.

He's looking forward to going to the Stanford Camp again this summer. My question is, should he go back Stanford's camp or is there a benefit in attending a DIFFERENT camp? Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks, in advance, for your help!

that Notre Dame stationery is pretty nice...........my 2007 has 5 of those, and they get better each time.............did you get the "highly suggest you email" with it?

Good Luck, its kinda fun!!
quote:
Anybody know how quick it fills up? Son got his brochure today, and we mailed a check back. Wonder since it's been a couple of weeks since the first invites went out if he even has a shot at getting in?

KellerDad,

Of course I have no idea how many, when sent, etc., etc. However, last year we did not receive the brochure until the latter part of January and the camp was pretty much full at that point. I would think in the early part of the month, you would have reason to be hopeful.

Oh, yes. Son causally mentions to me the other day, "Oh yeah, Dad. I forgot to tell you. I got an email confirmation for the Stanford camp."

BTW Keller, Son just told me that yesterday, so it has not been very long.
Last edited by montanadad
They fill the camp by positions. There are many more spots for pitchers, for instance, than first baseman. Catchers also have an edge as they take quite a few. If you haven't applied yet, might think about express mailing the application and deposit and hope for the best.

It is a great baseball camp, and a wonderful opportunity to network with many college coaches. Of course, your son needs to have the grades to attend those schools. They usually have about three dozen college coaches in attendance, mostly from the east coast or smaller west coast schools.
Last edited by 06catcherdad
My wife was reading this thread last night and had a great insight I thought should be shared.
Is the Stanford Camp terrific. Not a doubt. But it is not a guarantee of anything. Our son got in as a last minute cancellation, because he was local...and we could afford the cost. Smile He played extremely well by all reports and got a very, very good written review. We mailed and faxed that written skill report and projection to every school where he had an interest(12 in all if I recall). He did receive interest from schools where he had no interest based on the Camp. For the schools in which he had great interest, only one responded in a lukewarm way to seeing him at Stanford. That coach seemed to find the things that were negative, not the positive. Luckily one coach saw him, believed in him and recruited him.
Two points to the post: (1) It only takes one coach to find you to make the camp worthwhile.(2)Even a good performance at Stanford is not "guarantee" of success; you still need to prove yourself and even with a solid performance, there will be coaches who will be looking to find why you can't make it rather than why you can.
Last edited by infielddad
My son attended the Stanford Winter camp this past month plus the summer camp. I'm chuckling because we couldn't figure out why he started getting letters from other colleges! From the postings in this thread, I'm really glad we invested in the Stanford Camp. I have his Stanford All-Star Camp application in his portfolio waiting to be filled out...just phoned husband and said "Have the boy get on that application TODAY"...once again, priceless info and advice from all of you!
Just a suggestion for those attending... The Stanford AllStar Camp is an intense week of training and games. Make sure not to book other events too close to this one, especially important for pitchers. It's a great experience and IMO a must-do if invited. Cool

Tuzigoot - Depends on the player. Son attended after his sophomore year. However, most of the players there will have just finished their junior year.
Last edited by RHP05Parent
KellerDad, That is a very nice development. As you get closer to the dates of the camp or if your son needs anything while he is here, would be happy to try and help. Live within 10 minutes or so of Sunken Diamond and if we are not travelling, I usually go to the camp to see several of the coaches I have met in recent years.
I completely agree with the comments of RHP05. The camp is highly competitive and involves a lot of baseball. Last summer the camp/first games of the day started around 8am. Finished around 10pm each night. Need to come rested and know that you need to play your very best.
I'm bummed. I tried to explain to the Stanford Camp lady via e-mail that being at a gov't APO address meant mail delays and asked if she could FAX or e-mail the form as an attachment. She said no, but thought the mail wouldn't be a problem. Well, it's January 17th and still no sign of an application and it sounds to me like this thing may already now be full.
I may have to go 'up the ladder' NEXT year to make sure we at least have equal opportunity for enrollment. Gimme one of them new icons......
read
"This is the form I need!!"
Last edited by Krakatoa
What I don't understand is that some of you got the brochures/registration around Christmas time. I was told by the gal in the baseball office that they wouldn't go out until January sometime. I just got a brochure today (after getting on their mailing list back in November), January 19th (postmarked January 11th). Something doesn't jibe here. Not planning to attend this summer after all, but I'd like to know exactly how this works so a year from now I don't get left out in the cold.
This is just a guess, but since the NCAA rules prohibit having an "invitation only" camp, I bet Stanford sends out thier invites in batches. Those they really want to see go first, then the ones on thier watch list go next, and then the general public go last.

That way, when the general public get their forms, the camp is full, and it isn't officially an invitation only camp.

But, that's me using general logic and conspiracy theories. Big Grin My son got his about 2 weeks after the first reported ones, so I'm guessing he's in the second batch.
Last edited by KellerDad
Krakatoa,

You might want to go ahead and send in the app for this year. We had a similar experience last year. When we received the response indicating that we were put on a waiting list, there was also a player profile form that they requested be sent back.

I can't speak to this year, but last year I know that they received over 1200 applications for 250 or so spots. The vast majority of those slots are filled with players just completing their junior year. If there are rising juniors that make it, it is because they are solidly on someone's radar screen.

I also think the timing of Stanford's camp is very interesting. It's always the first week of July. But if the player is at Stanford on July 1, then they cannot be at home to receive calls from other schools which might have an interest. But, hey, those Stanford guys are supposed to be pretty sharp! duel
Last edited by montanadad
K-dad and MT-dad, your guesses make sense to me. We're definitely not in the front ranks of Stanford's mailing list. I'll take your advice, send in the form and hopefully get a player profile. That may move us up into the second-batchers next time around.......

It's just real hard to get on anyone's radar from the other side of the planet. He needs to have a big summer this coming season.
Last edited by Krakatoa
party That's why this is such a great site...I had posted acouple of weeks ago about being unsure of sending my son( 2oo7 RHP from NWIndiana) to the camp...after reading all your posts I was 95% sure he was going to go...when I mentioned it to my son he informed me that he had received an email asking if he would be attending....needless to say the check went out immediately...good luck to all attending and thanks for the insight
Looking forward to the experience however was a little concerned when my son's confirmation from Stanford stated: "The NCAA has told us that we must adjust how we are admitting student-athletes to the camp. Rather than bore you with all the details the bottom line is that you are ADMITTED"

I haven’t contacted the staff at this point. Does anyone know what adjustments were made? I was under the impression this is a “by invite only” camp. I hope this doesn’t mean the quality of the talent and instruction will be diluted.
Don't worry about the quality of the talent or instruction/coaching. Both will be very high level. They might get an occasional player there who isn't all that good, but I think it's safe to say that at least 90% of the participants have the ability to play at some level in college.

The coaching is very high level, so you should be glad to have an opportunity for your son to be one of the player's that are admitted.
jerseydad,

By rule, the NCAA does not allow invitation only camps. My son received a "second" confirmation with the same language. I don't know what adjustments were required, but am very happy that our plans were not compromised.

I would echo what catcherdad has said, the coaching and the experience will make it well worth while. And I understand that there are actually quite a few East Coast schools present, and not too many from the West coast.
There are many coaches who come from programs that are in the east. They have about 38 college coaches working there, with a support staff that includes trainers, stanford players, and non-college coaches that brings the total number of people working at the camp to something like 65 people. It works out to about 1 staffer for every 5 players, and one college coach per 8 players, in rough numbers.

If your son is an outstanding student and also very good baseball player, this camp can be a very beneficial experience for him. I would recommend that your son write to some of the coaches who'll be working the camp (they will send you a list ahead of time that lists everyone)who coach at schools he'd like to attend. My experience is they'll definitely take the time to meet your son and talk with him while there.
Must admit my eyes glazed over the words in the second confirmation letter...I didn't really comprehend the NCAA phrase. I'm glad somebody still has their feet on the ground! There is mention here of a list of colleges that will be represented at the camp. Would a snail mail letter to the coaches be better than an email?
Newcomer,

I'm sorry but I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you wanting to know about the list of coaches/schools that will be present? Or is there something else that you want to find out from the coaching staff?

If it is only the list you are looking for, I'm sure that information will be forthcoming with the additional materials that will be sent prior to the camp. If your question is something else, perhaps you could clarify a bit what you are looking for.
Just wondering if the list of colleges represented will be sent only request or whether it will come with the packet in May. I think the confusion of my question was more about whether we should be concerned about NCAA rules regarding these camps. It seems that if my son was invited (and has a place in the camp, thank goodness) then we're okay.
You will get a list of participating coaches that will be sent out in an informaiton packet later this spring. I wouldn't worry at all about any NCAA rules. They certainly know what they're doing, as do all the coaches who'll be helping out.

I would not bother them right now with a request for coaches information. Its way premature and you'll get it in a few months if your son is participating.
After my son sent back his questionnaire he got a long e-mail from coach Stotz about admissions to Stanford among other things. I was wondering if that was because my son told him he knew he'd have to improve on his GPA to get into Stanford or if that went out to everyone. If it was an individual note then I'm really impressed. If it wasn't I'm still impressed that he's making that much effort with kids he hasn't seen yet.
2deuce - Sounds really hopeful. I hope you get to go...it was one of the very best experiences my son had 5 years ago.

CADad - Everyone wonders if those emails go out to everyone?, many? or just those on their recruiting list? But nearly every Stanford player I have known got one just like it at some point..some later, some earlier (my son had not received it yet by this time in his junior year).

Good luck and have fun to both of you! Great venue, great weather, lots to do in the area. I hope you both get the chance. Wink
Last edited by justbaseball
From our experience Stanford has one of the most well oiled machines for sending out recruiting letters. Lots of follow-up letters including tips on how and when to take SAT's. They answer e-mails promptly and with good advice. I really doubt Coach Stotz has enough time to anwser all the e-mails personally so I suspect he has good student volunteers that help him. They cast a huge net nationwide and have quite a data base on lots of recruits. We were most impressed with their written recruiting info that was sent regularly. UC Irvine also had alot of info they regularly sent out.
Obviously you have to weed through it all and be cautiously optimistic that you really are on their list.
quote:
Originally posted by CADad:
After my son sent back his questionnaire he got a long e-mail from coach Stotz about admissions to Stanford among other things. I was wondering if that was because my son told him he knew he'd have to improve on his GPA to get into Stanford or if that went out to everyone. If it was an individual note then I'm really impressed. If it wasn't I'm still impressed that he's making that much effort with kids he hasn't seen yet.

My son received the same e-mail after submitting his questionaire. It was personalized and well written but I suspect it goes to all individuals that submit their questionaire or register for their camp. He has received several e-mails from Coach Stotz but I think they have all been standard e-mails. He has not received one saying that chances look good that he would get in to the Stanford Camp like Duece2 received.
Last edited by baseball fan 09
quote:
Originally posted by 2deuce:
somehow my parents came up with the $750 for the camp and i sent my application a few weeks ago.
so yesterday i received an email for Coach Stotz saying i have a good chance of getting in. i'm hoping this is a good sign.
does anyone know if i should or should not hold my breath?

so i get home from our intrasquad scrimmage and i'm dead tired for some reason. i almost went to bed without checking messages, but i decide to check anyway... turns out i got into the stanford camp! now i can't sleep! hope to see you all there!!
BOF

The Westin is convenient to Stanford, but expensive for what it is. I wouldn't stay in the city if your kido is going to the camp. It will make for some very long days and a good deal of inconvenience.

If you are looking for better hotels I would suggest; The Garden Court, Stanford Park and Dinah's Garden. The Garden Court is a botique hotel in downtown Palo Alto, you can walk almost everywher and if push comes to shove to sunken diamond. The Stanford Park is a less expensive version of the Westin, but probably nicer. It is located north of the shopping center along El Camino. Dinah's Garden is south of campus; it has been there forever, nice people and a bit cheaper (still expensive becuase it is in Palo Alto).
Thanks IVBB I will check them out.

Ryanrod, I would wait for his Jr year. I know a couple of kids (2011) who went last year and said they wished they had waited for this year. One tried to do the USA Basball 16U and the Stanford Camp and said it did not work out very well. I would focus on the USA Baseball tournament, particularly since you are in Az.
2B is a 2011. I'm sure there are folks in this thread who know quite a bit about the differences between the camps. We wouldn't have even thought of going all the way out to CA, but he got one of those letters signed in original ink. Smile Plus Coach Stotz has been in touch with our HS coach, so it seems like they are legitimately interested. It's pretty exciting. When someone opens a door like that, you gotta step in and take a look! Plus, if he gets admitted to the camp, it's a chance to see my crazy in-laws.
Last edited by 2Bmom
We stayed at the Creekside Inn in Palo Alto. Nice place. Maybe 10 minutes from Stanford.

UVA was not there but some other ACC schools were. Great camp. Mostly academic schools but some good baseball programs too. My son went both years but its certainly not necessary to do so and for the most part they focus on the juniors. The camp was instrumental in my son's path to his school.

Strangely he even recieved a phone call last night from a school who saw him there asking him if he had already committed.
We may end up applying for the Futures Camp ( I think this is their 2nd year and will only last 3 days) and see if we get formally invited since this will all be 2012 and is 2 weeks after the 16 U USAB Championships. Maybe they will get more equal attention if they are all in the same class and hopefully go to the prospect camp next year. We figure if he is accepted this year, then he will be on their database for next year. Smile
Last edited by Ryanrod23
We absolutely were awed by the very personal nature of the Coach Stotz email machine. They must be utilizIng the extreme intellect of their IT grad students to make every person feel so connected.

Did you all get the ML King letter this year? And boy will Coach stay on you for those SAT scores and grades.

To know that they can start out with over 2,000 contacts a year and eventually winnow it down to 8 to 10 NLI's truly puts Stanford as the most elite recruiting machine in existence.
My son received a letter from Coach Stotz@ Stanford and agree the thought was so exciting until I realized these letters are probably sent to all 2011 graduates.

My question is he's interested in playing in the area code games also this year which is around the same time as the Stanford camp, which one is more benefical to attend? Does college scouts attend the area codes games as well?
IMO here it goes. My son got his scholarship from the Area Code Tryout alone. As do a majority of those kids IMO. There are anywhere form 50 to 100 Scouts and or schools attending. This is a Major opportunity if you can get in to an Are Code Tryout. But, then again I didn't have my son attend the Stanford Camps. Food for thought. If a get a chance again for my younger son to get in an Area Code Tryout or attend any other event scheduled at the same time I would advise my son of the difference in exposure and let him decide. I would of course be leaning my opinion to him for the A/C Tryouts. Hope this helps a little. Sounds like you have a player there ! Good luck this year and enjoy the ride. Please stay tuned to this channel because there are a lot of very experienced and helpful folks here to help ease the decisions and help walk you through the process. Even if you don't ask questions, all you need to do is enter your subject of conversation in the Find tab to the upper left and there should be a number of discussions on that topic to learn from. Then if you desire more info just ask! Thanks for asking questions and welcome from one newbie to another.
It is not even close if he is a truly good player. The Area Code Games are as high profile as it gets, and the tryouts themselves, as azallan has described, also present significant opportunity.

The Stanford camp is great fun and extremely well run and marketed. But if you go, you will find the overall talent level much lower than you probably anticipate and the colleges represented missing the real high-end baseball schools, other than Stanford.

So, it comes down to this: If your son is a good player but not quite good enough for the Area Code Games or unable to stand out at the tryouts even without making the team, then the Stanford camp is a better choice.

By the way, the Area Code Games are in early August in Long Beach. The tryouts take place sometime in June. The bigger conflict with the Stanford Camp, depending on the age of the player, is just as likely to be the USA Baseball tournaments formerly known as the Junior Olympics, which I also would choose over the Stanford Camp.
Last edited by jemaz
Area Code tryouts last summer (in Calif) were July 7th & 8th. Stanford Camp ends on July 4th so you can do them both. The biggest problem would be the USA Baseball 16U Championships as they back up to the Stanford Camp. For pitchers this is a problem. (which is one of the reasons we skipped the Stanford Camp last year as a Soph) The Headfirst Camp is usually just following the Stanford Camp which could be a problem, but I believe it is prior this year. I have heard it can be troublesome for a pitcher trying to do both the Stanford and Headfirst camps.

Like others have posted making the Area Code team is basically a ticket to pretty much any college you would be interested in. (I am sure TR or someone will pop in here on this statement...) I have heard that there tends to be a little more "politics" in choosing the teams now as opposed to when Bob ran them. They are free and the tryouts are still a great event even if you don't make the team(s).

I should also add that the Stanford camp is geared toward high academic players so if you don't fit this profile you should consider whether you want to go there.
Last edited by BOF
Son (2011) just got the invite to the Stanford Camp, and based on what I've read here on HSBBW, we have been giving it serious consideration.

However, BOF makes a good point about the timing with Area Code Tryouts. My son was invited to the Area Code Tryouts last year as a Soph, and yeah, the exposure was tremendous! There must have been 80+ scouts and recruiters in the stands. But he wasn't able to pitch due to his summer team's schedule so he just took reps at 3B and hit. I'd hate to pay all that money for the Stanford camp only to have him be unable to pitch for AC again this year. Even though there seems to be some politics in selecting the AC team up here, if he pitches at tryouts I think he's got a decent shot at being selected.

Sometimes this all feels like trying to pick paint colors at the hardware store. I have no idea which of 15 shades of blue I should go with! I just stand there staring at all the colors, worrying if I'm picking just the right one.

PD
My 2011 son is on the email list for Coach Stotz, but as of today, has not received an official invite for the 2010 Camp. I'm not sure if his poor SAT (1590) from last month has any bearing on the lack of an invite (I'm aware that score won't cut it for Stanford)? Perhaps, the invitations are sent out by region? If anyone knows how this generally works, your advice is greatly appreciated!
bsbl:

You are right that a 1590 SAT won't cut it for Stanford, but I don't view it as "poor" by a long shot. Either way, I doubt Coach Stotz is aware of that SAT at this point. Even if he is, I know of many players who have attended the camp despite lower SATs. I doubt that is a fact in this case, although I guess you never know. If you have been receiving e-mails anyway, I would guess the invitation is on the way. You can always call to ask.
Last edited by jemaz
jemaz & CADad,

Thanks for the info. Coach Stotz is aware of his score, as he had sent an email to my son prior to the test and followed that up with another email the day that scores were available. Stotz does an amazing job keeping up with his prospects. BTW, I am aware his score was decent, just a little disappointing compared to his PSAT.

In regards to the camp invite, I didn't know that you had to go online to fill out an application? Son had received an email a few months ago from Coach Stotz stating that an invite would be sent to him in the beginning of the year. We'll see what happens, thanks again for your help.
Looks like son's team won't be playing your son's. It would be fun to cross paths sat some point. Is your whole family coming? It will be just me, as my husband gets to go to Canada with our son for his Legion team games later in the month. Are any other websters going to be there? I'd love to find out who's there so I can try to make a point to watch any games I can.
There are usually coaches from more than a few schools that are not directly participating in the camp who are in the stands. I believe, but am far from certain, that the main difference is that they don't get the information that the camp staff puts together and shares about each player as the camp goes on.
I talked to a coach from Yale I believe. However, I'm not 100% certain on that. I didn't talk to him about my son. If I remember correctly I was asking him about the rules for coaches that didn't participate in the camp. I don't remember if he was in his school colors or somebody just pointed him out.
rowandfan,
Unless you already have college coaches who are attending in communication with you, or are one of the top/elite players/pitchers, my suggestion is to not create any expectations that a coach will say "I want you to play for me."
Create a mindset for success, not potential disappointment.
You are going to get exposure to 50-60 schools, some of which you may not even know. Most of those attending won't know you or have any idea who you are. Most every coach attending is from a great school, offering unique opportunities.
Use the meet and greet to learn who the coaches are, learn about their schools and programs, what they have to offer, and especially what they expect and are looking for in players. Use it to assess the range of opportunities that are available at the next level.
Use it as an opportunity for you to present yourself in a way coaches will take note and remember.
Use the camp as a way to demonstrate your skills, and ability in ways that at least one, but hopefully more, of those 50-60 coaches will see and remember. The Camp is one where it is critically important to remember that "hustle never had a bad day." Not every coach will see every game or every session of yours.
Make every game or session one where your effort and focus is the very best you have.
Good luck, have fun and make things happen for you.
There have been, in the past, many coaches who did not "get" a team who worked the stanford camp (e.g., working w catchers, hitters, pitchers, etc.). They were attired in the same uniforms as the coaches who got teams (one year it was in Camp jersey with their name and school on it; another year it was their school uniforms). I think roughly 60 schools were officially working the camp. In addition, and especially at the Sunken Diamond games, there were dozen and dozens of additional coaches (generally clustered in the section directly behind home plate) "incognito" (dressed casually with some type of marking [e.g., hat, pen, notebook] of their school). In the past, the camp ran before 7/1 so they couldnt talk to you except in passing.

Some unsolicited advice: be relaxed and calm. Let the recruiting process take place between your player and the coaches. Every time your boy speaks with a coach, he grows a little bit more confident and gains experience that will improve his "style" for the next coaching encounter (which may be literally minutes in the future). The parent have no place interacting with the recruiting dynamic at this point (there may be a time later on where you will become more involved -- but IMO, cetainly not at this early courtship/informational phase).

Your boy has earned the right to take steps into his future world -- he earned the right by playing hard and working at the game to a point where he can approach coaches or coaches approach him. So parents, sit back, enjoy some baseball, watch the competition and debrief your son discretly when he feels like sharing!

The Stanford camp may or may not bring schools into your lives; but, if it does, the process is probably not quick and easy -- it will extend out for many weeks (perhaps months). Let your boy grow and learn about dealing with adults (his potential future coaches); after all, he will play for them and they will coach him -- you will do neither.
quote:
The Stanford camp may or may not bring schools into your lives; but, if it does, the process is probably not quick and easy -- it will extend out for many weeks (perhaps months). Let your boy grow and learn about dealing with adults (his potential future coaches); after all, he will play for them and they will coach him -- you will do neither.

All points well taken. We will have our feet wet with the Stanford Futures Camp and go on from there. Just have to enjoy the moment and let it all shake out. As parents, we can only guide our sons to have the best possible opportunity to succeed. Enjoy their success and live through their failures and help them bounce back. Ultimately, it will be up to our son's /player's drive if they will get to that next level.

For those who did the Futures Camp the last 2 years, how important is it for a player to go back to do the All Star Camp? Any feedback will be appreciated.

RR23
quote:
Originally posted by infielddad:
rowandfan,
Unless you already have college coaches who are attending in communication with you, or are one of the top/elite players/pitchers, my suggestion is to not create any expectations that a coach will say "I want you to play for me."
Create a mindset for success, not potential disappointment.
You are going to get exposure to 50-60 schools, some of which you may not even know. Most of those attending won't know you or have any idea who you are. Most every coach attending is from a great school, offering unique opportunities.
Use the meet and greet to learn who the coaches are, learn about their schools and programs, what they have to offer, and especially what they expect and are looking for in players. Use it to assess the range of opportunities that are available at the next level.
Use it as an opportunity for you to present yourself in a way coaches will take note and remember.
Use the camp as a way to demonstrate your skills, and ability in ways that at least one, but hopefully more, of those 50-60 coaches will see and remember. The Camp is one where it is critically important to remember that "hustle never had a bad day." Not every coach will see every game or every session of yours.
Make every game or session one where your effort and focus is the very best you have.
Good luck, have fun and make things happen for you.

It turned out that a lot of the coaches didn't even show up. There were only like 15 of them and others had on field opportunities with the game that was going on.

The top schools everyone wanted to talk to, and I didn't think that there was that much of a point to go introduce myself and say I'm interested when 300 other campers are interested too. I figured that if they want me, they have the opportunity to see me.

That said, I talked to one coach who I had been in contact with and I am very glad I did. It was a great conversation and there will be future ones.
rowandfan,
They were there. You may have not see all of them, but by Wednesday night, there were at least 70 and more still coming in that night and Thursday morning.

Sometimes you don't know anything until August/September.
As you found out, it only takes one coach from a college you love and which meets you academic expectations.
Good luck to you.
The Futures Camp is only 2-3 years old.
In the past, it has been held during Labor Day.
The coaches attending were fewer in number, around 20-25 I have been told.
With that said, the programs attending were very high quality DI's from the Pac 10, Big West, WCC and I believe one or more from the ACC and a few high quality DIII's.
The feed back I heard was positive. There was quality exposure for players since they were fewer in number but very, very good players. It was equally good for the coaches who also were fewer in number but were able to see upwards of 100 players with almost everything at Sunken.
Since, to my knowledge, this is the 1st camp held in July, I don't know if the September Camp experience will be duplicated.
Last edited by infielddad
Just a brief update since we are still on the road with Don Mattingly State Tournament in AZ.

TOTAL PLAYERS: 130 ( 8 teams)
TOTAL COLLEGE COACHES: 15( Official..11D1) , >10(unofficial)

All 3 games at Sunken Diamond. Almost everything in thread accurate but they added on field BP this year.

They are considering doing the Futures Camp weekend before or after Labor Day next year. Reason they did this in July this year was due to a Home Football game this coming Labor Day.

RR23Jr had a great time and good experience. He played in all 3 games and played primarily 3b but also had time at 1b and RF. He had good ABs (2b,1b).His team went 2-1. He normally don't say much but when I ask him how was the camp and if he wants to go back this year."It was great and I want to do it again next year."

We already got follow up thank you email from Coach Stotz and whole staff and to lookout for the invite next year and keep up grades.

In Summary, if RR23 did good, fair or bad, the experience and exposure he got from The Futures Camp made him a better player.

I am curious to know how detailed is the evaluation the Camp Staff would send in a few weeks. Any feedback is appreciated.

P.S. He got the GW hit RBI in the bottom of the 11th inning @11pm last night with the bases loaded in the 2nd game of the doubleheader in the Don Mattingly Wood Bat State Tournament 1 day after Stanford Camp. (Game Time 3 hrs)

17U Don Mattingly Update

VIDEO GW HIT Don Mattingly AZ State

THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO ON THIS THREAD! Smile
Last edited by Ryanrod23
I just added the VIDEO LINK from the earlier reply. Time to shut down for a month, get a jumpstart in school and get back to the swing of things in September. Still have not receive camp evaluation but I was told it will really take some time as it is very detailed. Overall, the progression from Summer of 2009 to Summer of 2010 for RR23JR is very interesting having done Area Code Tryouts,USAB JO, Stanford Camp and Don Mattingly State and WS. This Summer was very tiring indeed but well worth it.
Last edited by Ryanrod23
COACH SCHOOL

NEIL GROAT HENDRIX COLLEGE
LUKE HOWARD OUACHITA BAPTIST
Joe Wilkins Pepperdine
TOM KUNIS SAN JOSE STATE
MIKE ZIRELLI SANTA CLARA
Mario Iglesias STANFORD
DEAN STOTZ STANFORD
RUSTY FILTER STANFORD
MATT VAUGHN UC DAVIS
JASON LEFOWITZ UC SANTA BARBARA
MIKE McCORMICK University of Pacific
Matt Hobbs USF (Dons)
MATT DAILY MENLO COLLEGE
FRANK PERICOLOSI POMONA-PITZER
ANTHONY FERRO BUTTE JC
BUCK TAYLOR PALOMAR
BEN ADAMS PALOMAR
ROBERT RUIZ WESTMONT
Nathan Trosky Brewers Scout
STEVE MROWKA GEORGE WASHINGTON
PETE WILK GEORGETOWN
MATT KIRBY GEORGETOWN
KEITH KOMEIJI HAWAII
"DOC" BEEMAN BENEDICTINE
RICHIE PRICE KANSAS
MIKE DIAZ CENTENARY COLLEGE
ED McCANN CENTENARY COLLEGE
BILL BARRALE WILLIAMS
Brian Hamm Amherst
JESSE WOODS BOSTON COLLEGE
KRISTAPS ALDINS HARVARD
GABE RIBAS HOLY CROSS
Brian Casey Tufts
Matt Reynolds Navy
EDWIN THOMPSON BATES COLLEGE
MATT HUSTED MICHIGAN
JAY ALEXANDER EASTERN MICHIGAN
CHRIS TERRY CULVER-STOCKTON
CODY MC CAIN MILLSAPS COLLEGE
KYLE GESWEIN BELMONT ABBEY
BILL CILENTO WAKE FOREST
Todd Gross Davidson
BOB WHALEN DARTMOUTH
ANTHONY DeCICCO ARMY
CHRIS TRACZ MARIST
JAY QUINN COLUMBIA
SCOTT MARSH CORNELL
MIKE CLARK DENISON
JON CROSS PENN
Jimmy Gulden BUCKNELL
CRAIG HANSON DICKINSON COLLEGE
JAKE GILL ST. JOSEPH'S UNIVERSITY
Brian Murphy Brown
JUSTIN DEDMAN AUSTIN PEAY
TIM SCANNELL TRINITY UNIVERSITY
CARL IWASAKI AUSTIN COLLEGE
JOE HAUG RICHMOND
KYLE PADGETT WILLIAM AND MARY
RON RAKOWSKI TACOMA CC
Last edited by bbdad2007
Both have a lot of coaches but the allstar has more. Keep in mind there is no guarantee the coaches you are interested in will see your son play. Games are spread out at various fields so it's a **** shoot. Everyone is guaranteed one game at Sunken Diamond which is where you get the most exposure but again no guarantess as to who will be there for your game.
Son participated in the Stanford Elite Pitching Camp this past weekend. It was an excellent camp with a strong focus on instruction. No games. Just lots of pitching stations with coaches from various schools working with a small group of boys (5-7) at a time. They had bull pen work and stations on mechanics, fielding, stretching/conditioning, etc.

Stephen Strausburg spoke to the boys one evening for about an hour. He recounted his track from high school to pros. He answered lots of questions from the boys.

They had an Elite Catchers Camp going on at the same time so the pitchers had good catchers in their bull pen sessions. Jason Castro from the Astros was there helping out as well.

My son got a lot out of the camp. Even though some of the drills were repetitive of his high school program, it at least validated that his HS training is done by the college guys. It was worth the trip and I would recommend it to others.
Teams/Coaches participating directly in the 2010 Camp. ALL DIVISION 1.

Team 1
USF Dons – Coach Matt Hobbs

Team 2
Harvard (IVY) – Coach Kristap Aldins

Team 3
Kansas Jayhawks – Coach Ryan Graves

Team 4
Wake Forest Demon Deacons – Coach Bill Cilento

Team 5
Santa Clara Broncos – Coach Mike Zirelli (Asst Coach/RC)

Team 6
UC Davis Aggies – Coach Matt Vaughn

Team 7
Stanford – Coaches Filter and Iglesias

Team 8
Holy Cross CRUSADERS (Patriot League) – Coach Dicenzo

Teams/Coaches helping out

San Jose State Spartans (WAC DIV I) –
Thomas Kunis (Asso Head Coach)

Pacific Tigers (BIG WEST DIV I)
Don Barbara (Asso Head Coach)

Army Black Knights (PATRIOT LEAGUE DIV I)

Denison Big Red , OHIO (NCAC DIV III)

City College of San Francisco RAMS ( JUCO)

Westmont Warriors, CA (NAIA)

Robert Ruiz (Head Coach) …Infield Coach.Fmr coach of AZUSA

Hawaii Warriors (H DIV I)

Other coaches just watching...unknown??

Hope this helps in your decision! I am sure might not be exactly the same. Remember also that the Futures Camp maybe around Labor Day this year.

RR23
Last edited by Ryanrod23
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ryanrod23:

I am curious to know how detailed is the evaluation the Camp Staff would send in a few weeks. Any feedback is appreciated. QUOTE]

Just read your post about Futures Camp 2010...would u please share what the eval was like? Did they put a lot of time and effort into the eval?
Blue 10,

There were 3 sets of evaluations and they were pretty detailed depending on your position. RR23 JR was an IF during the camp so here is a breakdown. I included some video links to give you an idea of the place.

#1 Evaluation from Team Coach (INDIVIDUAL): includes overall Offensive, Defensive skills plus any comments regarding your approach to the game. This pretty much concentrates on game time evaluations and on-field BP.

#2 Defensive Evaluation (TEAM) from IF/OF coach during defensive stations. Defensive drills are in Turf field ( Football Practice Field). Mainly concentrates on defensive technique and arm strength.

Stanford Futures Defense

#3 Offensive Evaluation (INDIVIDUAL) from Stanford Hitting Coach and other input from coaches during Hitting drills. Mainly concentrates on hitting technique.

Stanford Futures Offense

Hope this gives you an idea of what to expect.

RR23
Last edited by Ryanrod23
Blue10 - The following is the evaluation my son got in 2005; it is in different format (we typed it out so that we could e-mail it to coaches). It is the same format that Ryanrod outlined.

Hitting

Batspeed/Technique/Power/Balance/Stride/Overall
Grade/Future Projection
6 6 7 6 5+ 6 6

Comments by Coach Nakama

Strong hitter. Good Power Potential. Try’s to manufacture power to the pull side. Use the whole field and stay inside the ball an you will be a tougher out.

Fielding

Range/Arm/Tech/Feet/Projected/Comments
6 6 5+ 6 6 Needs to work on feet and picks, pfp will help fielding

Comments from Coach Detter

Hitting Line: 5 for 11, 2BB, 2RBI, 3 hard hit

Offensive Summary:

XYZ has good size and surprisingly good balance at the plate. His areas for improvement would be staying back longer and coming from the top of his swing. Ultimately, XYZ will need to be a doubles and home run type hitter. To accomplish that he will need to deal with off speed pitches effectively. Like many left handed hitters he has a tendency to drop his back side and have the bat enter the hitting zone from below. Staying up with the left shoulder and coming down and the ball will allow him to hit balls for hard line drives to the gaps and over the fences. He also will need to concentrate on staying back, not jumping out at pitch or guessing. He needs to trust his bat speed and react to the pitch. Hitting off of the back side more will generate increased power.

XYZ showed a good eye and a knack for putting the bat on the ball. I think he was the only player on my team not to strike out over the course of the four games. The ability to put the ball in play and stay away from strike outs will really mix well with his size and power.

As a base runner, XYZ will need to know the situations and be effective. He will not ever be a base stealer, but knowing when to be aggressive and how to move up as the trail runner will give him added offensive treat.

Defensive summary

Big, strong player with surprising agility for his size. I was impressed with his lateral ability at first base. He has a smooth glove and made some nice scoops on low throws. He has good fielding fundamentals and looked good for his size at the infield station. I also put XYZ in the outfield for a few innings and though not use to playing out there he made one nice play. In all likelihood, XYZ will be a first baseman going forward due to his size and quickness but does not hurt to be able to fill in as an outfielder and have that flexibility. In terms of improvement, I would focus on speed and quickness. Also, when taking ground balls, work to bend more at the knees, get lower with the butt and be below the ball when he goes to make the plays. I also think the short hop drills both forehand and backhand will help with picking ability at first. Defensively, XYZ is a 6.

Rating Index

10 Superstar in HS, top 5 draft out of HS, star in college as freshman
9 Outstanding HS ability, definitely draftable (mid to late rounds) chance to start as frosh
8 Exceptional HS ability, 50%-75% chance to be drafted, contributor as frosh
7 Very Good HS ability, outside chance to be drafted, starter by Jr. year in college
6 Good HS ability, not draftable, but a four year college level player
5 Above average HS player, not draftable, chance to play on four year college level
4 Average HS ability, junior college ability in future
3 Below average HS ability chance to play in junior college
2 Poor HS ability, done playing after HS

This was a VERY accurate appraisal of his skills.

FYI - my son went on to play at a top-20 D3 where he had a career BA of .406; earned All-American honors twice and was named his conference Player-of-the-Year.
Last edited by ILVBB
quote:
Originally posted by bbdad2007:
COACH SCHOOL

NEIL GROAT HENDRIX COLLEGE
LUKE HOWARD OUACHITA BAPTIST
Joe Wilkins Pepperdine
TOM KUNIS SAN JOSE STATE
MIKE ZIRELLI SANTA CLARA
Mario Iglesias STANFORD
DEAN STOTZ STANFORD
RUSTY FILTER STANFORD
MATT VAUGHN UC DAVIS
JASON LEFOWITZ UC SANTA BARBARA
MIKE McCORMICK University of Pacific
Matt Hobbs USF (Dons)
MATT DAILY MENLO COLLEGE
FRANK PERICOLOSI POMONA-PITZER
ANTHONY FERRO BUTTE JC
BUCK TAYLOR PALOMAR
BEN ADAMS PALOMAR
ROBERT RUIZ WESTMONT
Nathan Trosky Brewers Scout
STEVE MROWKA GEORGE WASHINGTON
PETE WILK GEORGETOWN
MATT KIRBY GEORGETOWN
KEITH KOMEIJI HAWAII
"DOC" BEEMAN BENEDICTINE
RICHIE PRICE KANSAS
MIKE DIAZ CENTENARY COLLEGE
ED McCANN CENTENARY COLLEGE
BILL BARRALE WILLIAMS
Brian Hamm Amherst
JESSE WOODS BOSTON COLLEGE
KRISTAPS ALDINS HARVARD
GABE RIBAS HOLY CROSS
Brian Casey Tufts
Matt Reynolds Navy
EDWIN THOMPSON BATES COLLEGE
MATT HUSTED MICHIGAN
JAY ALEXANDER EASTERN MICHIGAN
CHRIS TERRY CULVER-STOCKTON
CODY MC CAIN MILLSAPS COLLEGE
KYLE GESWEIN BELMONT ABBEY
BILL CILENTO WAKE FOREST
Todd Gross Davidson
BOB WHALEN DARTMOUTH
ANTHONY DeCICCO ARMY
CHRIS TRACZ MARIST
JAY QUINN COLUMBIA
SCOTT MARSH CORNELL
MIKE CLARK DENISON
JON CROSS PENN
Jimmy Gulden BUCKNELL
CRAIG HANSON DICKINSON COLLEGE
JAKE GILL ST. JOSEPH'S UNIVERSITY
Brian Murphy Brown
JUSTIN DEDMAN AUSTIN PEAY
TIM SCANNELL TRINITY UNIVERSITY
CARL IWASAKI AUSTIN COLLEGE
JOE HAUG RICHMOND
KYLE PADGETT WILLIAM AND MARY
RON RAKOWSKI TACOMA CC

So do some of the GPA camp coaches also attend the Stanford camp? If so, does that potentially diminish the value of the GPA camp?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.