Skip to main content

Just responded to Newcomer on a PM...

Here is the view for public consumption which is very close....

Older son played for the Sox between high school and college, two summers ago...Younger played for them last year between high school and college...and will be playing here again this year. Both had good experiences.

As the majority of the playing may go to college palyers not as much PT/Ab's/Innings as some players might have wished, but IMO....I can tell you that the jump to DI is huge in a variety of ways. I thought this really helped prepare them in ways other than just AB's. They grew a great deal as players, as people/men and competitors being that close to the older, stronger, more experienced players. In my world it was a priviledge to get to participate in a collegiate league right out of high school. I haven't seen a lot of players doing this.

I am pretty close with the current owner, nice guy, very upbeat, very comitted, very accessable. Great area to spend the summer in, though it can be a bit slow for college age players.

Team has been up and running for three years. Playing on the California Coastal league. The competition is good, not top flight, but easily good enough for our purposes. League member Santa Barbara on the NBC World series last year in Wichita, which is a pretty big deal.

http://www.calsummerball.com/

The Sox have had two owners. Played at MPC two years ago, and I thought made progress. Back this year back at MPC. The weather, the facility, the environment are all really good at MPC.

The Sox are building a "home" at MPC this year. Putting in a prefab clubhouse, a new bullpen area, the field was redone a year ago for the school. I think the team should have a good year.

Any other questions?

Cool 44
Last edited by observer44

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.