Nansemond Suffolk Academy
Bishop Sullivan Catholic
Norfolk Academy
Norfolk Collegiate
Walsingham Academy
Norfolk Christian
Hampton Roads Academy
Peninsula Catholic

GCA = 2007 Regular Season Champions (Div II State Champions)
Cape Henry = 2007 Conference Tournament Champion(Div I State Quarterfinalists)
Nansemond Suffolk = (Div I State Quarterfinalists)

College Bound Seniors in the TCIS Class of 2008:

Phillip Clark (Norfolk Collegiate) = ECU
Matt Davenport (NSA) = William and Mary
George Schaefer(Bishop Sull.)= Catholic University
Garrison Sarrett (Hampton Roads) = William and Mary
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

it seems as though greenbriar is the obvious favorite once again despite losing in the final last year, they did lose alot of pitching but im sure Lavelle will just reload for this year. AS for the rest it seems pretty wide open, defending champion Cape Henry lost almost all their pitching from last year and should be a farely young team. Norfolk Collegite is returning most of their team from last year and with argueably the best player in the tcis philip clark they should be good. Catholic is normally very solid. Norfolk Academy should be pretty young after losing a lot of seniors. NSA will probobly be the team to challenge greenbriar this year as they should be very good with some returners. Besides the players mentioned above is there anyone else to look for since most of the stars it seemed graduated last year?
Nansemond Suffolk is the team to knock off Greenbriar this year. However, nothing is certain, from what I have heard a few Atlantic Shores players transferred there this year and once again aide in the re-loading process, but, Lavelle has built a very legit and credible program.

Apart from the few named earlier, Norfolk Academy has a solid pitcher returning in John Beasley, but with the teams lack of experience It will be tough for him to do well. Also, Cape Henry returns an all-conference catcher who hits well, but I can't remember his name right now.

If I had to pick the teams now they would go:

1)Greenbriar Christian (always the team to beat, unsure who their pitching ace will be)
2)Nansemond Suffolk (returns a number of starters and good hitters)
3/4)Norfolk Collegiate (very well coached but questionnable pitching depth)
3/4)Bishop Sullivan Catholic (returns top position players *RHP,SS,2B* but lacks depth)
5)Norfolk Academy (young and shaky but well coached)
6)Hampton Roads Academy (anchored by G. Sarrett, RHP going to W&M)
7)Cape Henry Collegaite (depleted but history of success)
8)Norfolk Christian
9)Walsingham Academy
10)Peninsula Catholic
quote:
Originally posted by VABaseball321:
Nansemond Suffolk is the team to knock off Greenbriar this year. However, nothing is certain, from what I have heard a few Atlantic Shores players transferred there this year and once again aide in the re-loading process, but, Lavelle has built a very legit and credible program.

Apart from the few named earlier, Norfolk Academy has a solid pitcher returning in John Beasley, but with the teams lack of experience It will be tough for him to do well. Also, Cape Henry returns an all-conference catcher who hits well, but I can't remember his name right now.

If I had to pick the teams now they would go:

1)Greenbriar Christian (always the team to beat, unsure who their pitching ace will be)
2)Nansemond Suffolk (returns a number of starters and good hitters)
3/4)Norfolk Collegiate (very well coached but questionnable pitching depth)
3/4)Bishop Sullivan Catholic (returns top position players *RHP,SS,2B* but lacks depth)
5)Norfolk Academy (young and shaky but well coached)
6)Hampton Roads Academy (anchored by G. Sarrett, RHP going to W&M)
7)Cape Henry Collegaite (depleted but history of success)
8)Norfolk Christian
9)Walsingham Academy
10)Peninsula Catholic

The All-Conference catcher at Cape Henry is probably Tyler Faubert...excellent hitter based on what I saw last summer
You know we have mentioned Faubert from Cape Henry as well as Mitchell from GCA, both of whom are good hitters and solid catchers, but I actually forgot to list Bishop Sullivan's Sophomore and returning starter John Leidig(not sure about the spelling).

The sophomore is a switch hitting catcher and from what I've heard from the BSCHS group, he's already taken one out in their first scrimmage and is looking to do some serious damage this year and to make an impact for the young Crusaders. This C/1B/RHP from Bishop Sullivan and the class of 2010 should be on our radar screens for the next few years.
For what I know of the TCIS, Greenbrier's catcher Mitchell is the real deal as far as hitting goes and Faubert is up there as well, but they both are in the shadow of Phillip Clark from NOCO. PC can simply mash...as far as pitching is concerned, John Beasley has the talent to be in the top of anyone's rotation, just a matter of him having confidence in his defense (which can be shaky at times) all in all with Cape Henry down from the last year, the pitching suspect for GCA (still real solid however) and both NSA and NA losing seniors, the TCIS is up in the air
quote:
Anything action thursday? Any upcoming action this weekend?
Bishop Sullivan played Clearfield (PA) and won 11-10.
Bishop Sullivan is a young team with only 4 seniors. Matt Flanagan, Curtis Barger, George Schaefer and Matt Hein. The host of younger talent has stepped up their level of play. James Duval(9th) and Brandon Valentine(10th) along with the before mentioned John Leidig(10th) have had great success producing clutch hits. Sean Watson(11th) a 6'4" pitcher and 1st has developed well and too has shown a strong explosive bat in the line up.
Do not let the earlier scores fool you. The team has been plagued with costly errors behind strong pitching by Shaefer and Watson. Coach Guy Hyatt has constantly fielded a group of determined ball players. The tournament should and will be Bishop Sullivans proving grounds.
Last edited by baseball fever
quote:
Norfolk Collegiate lost to Clearfield(PA) 10-0. Bishop Sullivan lost to Flint Hill, but the boxscore shows them up 3-2 through 3 innings. NA beat NSA with what seems to be a great outing from Beasley.
George Schaefer pitched excellent in the early innings. He absolutely man handled Flint Hill's top hitters by either producing ground balls or "K's"
Unfortunately, his defense was not there and broke down causing numerous errors(9) off of routine hits. The Crusaders collected 10 hits, which were more then Flint Hill, but were unable to put all those hits together to produce runs. This was an impressive pitching performances by Schaefer, against a strong hitting team
Last edited by baseball fever

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.