Skip to main content

Dropped my freshmen son off at college last Wednesday. It wasn't that difficult because I'm excited to see what life has in-store for him. This week I was lurking on here reading some of the posts and it got to thinking what an invaluable place/tool that the HSBBW has been for my sons baseball journey. When he was younger, the thought of him playing this game we all love was an improbability. When he decided that it was important to him, he got to work and never looked back. This site really helped us navigate the waters from playing in high school, his recruitment and finally his commitment. I could go on and on about what we learned from those that share wisdom on this site, but I will keep it short. I don't ever see myself as one of the contributors here, but I sure do see myself in some of the "newbies". And to all the newbies......it all works out in the end.

Thanks HSBBW

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

@LuvMyKids posted:

Dropped my freshmen son off at college last Wednesday. It wasn't that difficult because I'm excited to see what life has in-store for him. This week I was lurking on here reading some of the posts and it got to thinking what an invaluable place/tool that the HSBBW has been for my sons baseball journey. When he was younger, the thought of him playing this game we all love was an improbability. When he decided that it was important to him, he got to work and never looked back. This site really helped us navigate the waters from playing in high school, his recruitment and finally his commitment. I could go on and on about what we learned from those that share wisdom on this site, but I will keep it short. I don't ever see myself as one of the contributors here, but I sure do see myself in some of the "newbies". And to all the newbies......it all works out in the end.

Thanks HSBBW

A wonderful thought and gesture. Congratulations to you and your son! 

Congratulations LMK. I too must echo my gratitude to this site. I am at the beginning of the journey with my rising junior kid and I am trying not to lose my lunch on his roller coaster recruitment ride. This site is a treasure trove of information with many strings of pearls (of wisdom). I have laughed, cried, groaned, raged and sighed here and outside of the company of my family, this site was "essential" to me to find comfort during the darkest days/nights at work over the Spring.  

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.