Skip to main content

Yesterday Rafi Devers was called out on strikes. The pitcher wasn’t even engaged with the rubber with the clock at eight seconds. How was he going to throw a pitch? Devers was in the box but wasn’t looking at the pitcher with eight seconds and was hit with a called third.

As announcer Kevin Youkilis said, “Imagine the reaction if this occurred in a post season game in the ninth inning.”

** The dream is free. Work ethic sold separately. **

Last edited by RJM
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

This is the dumbest rule in the history of sports.  The one yesterday where they called a strike because the runner at first took too long to get back to the base was beyond ridiculous.   No true baseball fan cares if the game takes 2:45 or 3:10.   MLB seems to be catering to TV with the time thing......but again, no true fan sitting in his recliner cares how long the game takes.

There are a handful of players who are human rain delays. They were all that needed to be changed. Christian Vasquez would step away from the plate almost to the grass and adjust his batting gloves on every pitch. You could get a quality nap in between pitches on Clay Buchholz.

My issue with the game is too many swing and misses/strikeouts and not enough action. I don’t care how long the game takes if I’m being entertained. There’s also nothing wrong with a well pitched game with a pitcher executing on the mound like a surgeon. I loved watching Maddox and Glavine pitch.

Last edited by RJM

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.