Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

@RJM posted:

What the hell happened to Florida?  

I read an article a few minutes ago, that the UF catcher said that the energy was low in the dugout. Pretty crummy for the team that for the past week it's all over the internet about Sully leaving for LSU. I feel badly for the team.

Mark Calvi was the first coach who offered my son a scholarship to FIU, but he chose to go to Clemson to be with Sully. He would have been devastated if he had left, because Sully is one tough cookie, but the kids love him.

With that being said I think that Calvi would make a great HC at UF!

I think you can expand the question quite a bit to....What the hell happened to Florida, Michigan, TCU and South Carolina?  Horrible, just horrible.   One of the announcers during the Florida/South Alabama game commented that the reason the umpires wouldn't toss Sully after his tirade / outburst ( where he clearly intended to get himself tossed) was that staying in the blowout game was far worse punishment than sending him to the clubhouse.  I think they were right.   

Georgia Tech impressed me by hanging with Vandy.  Fairfield came up short but they played about as good as they could against Texas.  NC State is hot, and I would not want to play them in the Super Regionals.  I didn't see any of Notre Dames games, but they appeared to make quick work of everybody (CT, Central Michigan and Michigan) in their pool.

Apologies to my West coast brethren as there clearly is an East coast bias here due to my curfew.   I did catch some of the Arizona games, and they look good.    There are some great games on tonight.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • mceclip0
@fenwaysouth posted:

I think you can expand the question quite a bit to....What the hell happened to Florida, Michigan, TCU and South Carolina?  Horrible, just horrible.

South Carolina got beat straight up by ODU on the their own field, both teams had a couple of opportunities missed. Both pitchers were outstanding the kid from ODU was just a bit better. It was great game.

it is funny but i know the ODU kid, i recall his father telling a couple of guys in 16U that his son wasn't pitcher...i also recall one the dads looking at him just flatly stating yes he is. Pretty sure that is exactly what he is!!

@DanJ posted:

Greetings from CWS land!  You all are focused on all the wrong details.  Our Huskers forced a game 7 on Arkansas for tonight.  The rubber match between David and Goliath...

Good point and I will be watching the Huskers/Arkansas game tonight mostly because I don't get ESPNU.  I live in Virginia and I'd really like to see ODU take UVA to the woodshed.  Liberty, VCU, Norfolk State are not going to the super regionals which would have made it more interesting in the Commonwealth.

Go Huskers and go Monarchs!  Let's get some Cinderella teams to the super regionals.

I agree with Fenway, the umpires knew Sully was trying to get tossed, a tactic usually used when the team needs a pick me up. However we found out from a players parent that would not have worked anyway.

ODU is the real deal. Found out that they never put in for a regional because they never expected they would be a top seed.

CUSA was represented by OD, Charlotte, LaTech and SoMiss. No matter what the outcome. they did our conference proud!

Also USF is the real deal!

It's always about the Big Programs but there is great baseball being played at  many mid D1 conferences.  Do you want to sit or play?

Way to go Fairfield!

@RJM posted:

I think I have to change the question to ...

What the hell happened in Florida?

Really surprised by Miami. I watched them play 3/4 years ago and I believe 6 of the 9 starters were freshmen. They looked like they were going to be the team to beat moving forward. Last year they were scary good and it looked like it, but covid ruined that. But they did not play up to their level this year for whatever reason. I'd like to say their two weekend starters getting drafted in the top 30 didn't help, but they didn't hit the ball at all

On the other hand a Notre Dame wasn't playing games and they've been all over the place for the past 6 years. Michigan laying an egg helps, but ND looks like they may have turned a corner.

@TPM posted:

UM ends with a 20-15 record in the ACC and and 33-21 record overall and today an RPI of 30.

I think, all things considering they did well and deserved to be in a regional.

UF and UM came across two very hot teams. USF is legit.

No doubt, Miami is still very good baseball wasn't a dig at them more of a - I expected more out of them. They have a few key pieces heading out this year, I expect to see them in a similar position to the one they were in a few years ago.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.