Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Shepster,
thank you for your post. While hitting I noticed that I tend to do the 2nd way (with the high finish). I tried the 1st way for a couple swings but I agree with what you say and I think I hit more line-drives consistently with the high finish. You worded it exactly how my coach says it and I think it is better because the first way I think makes me spin, which I definetly dont want to do.
Thank You.
Shortstop11

Sounds like you found something today that can be useful in your swing.

Keep working on the extension in follow through and nice high finish.

Remember: Short to ball....Long out front w/ nice high finish.

Some really great and useful information can currently be found in the short to zone...Long through Zone thread if you haven't read it yet.

Many great instructors, scouts, MLB players, pool hall owners, etc. have shared much knowledge in discussion there, highly recommend if your furthering your career after HS.

Shep Cares
Shepster

What I was trying to say in my previous post was that I already have a "good habit" of finishing high, and a former scout I have been working w/ also says that I have good extension with a short swing. I have read most of the "Zone" thread and I agree with the Pro Guy because that is the same thing that all of my coaches teach me.

I think what I was originally asking was to whether the first way will be better. Because both ways are okay but I just wanted to hear everyone's opinion. I am glad that I have a swing that is fairly close to what we agree with. Once again thanks for the info.
Last edited by Shortstop 11

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.