Skip to main content

BBallman, thanks for sharing you and your son's journey.  It has now officially been a year since my daughter finished her career.  It was so hard for her at first realizing that she was done with a sport she loved so much.  However, that need to play has been replaced by coaching.  Your son has gained so much from the great game of baseball and obviously you have a great relationship with him.  Cherish the memories.

Thanks coach. Maybe my son will do the same one day. Talking with his coach one day outside the lines, he told me my son really should stay in the game in some capacity. He told me that his love for the game is very obvious. Always into the games, always aware of the situations, always cheering for and encouraging his teammates, everything about what he did was baseball. Maybe he does, but I can't imagine he says that about all the kids. We'll see what happens, but I'm sure things will turn out fine. Just a little sad and nostalgic these days...

Thanks all.  Things still going well.  Son is finishing up school and is working part time.  He has mentioned several times that it still hasn't hit him, but he seems to be adjusting pretty well.  At first I didn't really want to mention much about baseball thinking it might make him feel sad again.  But we still talk about it.  I follow him on Twitter, and he still retweets baseball related stuff, so I guess he's ok.

I've been reading some of the posts on the College Fall Ball thread and realizing that this is the first fall he hasn't played baseball since he was 7.  I've thought about posting on that thread, but didn't want to be a downer.  It's exciting to see the kid's stories there and I wish all of them the best of luck.

One cool thing is, a kid my son played against is actually on a MLB team!!  There's a bunch he has played with and against that are in MiLB, but this is the first in the MLB.  My son pitched against Dansby Swanson a couple times in HS.  I know our team beat his both times, but I don't remember specifically how Dansby did against him.  Afterall, he wasn't "Dansby Swanson" then.  He was just the SS on the Marietta HS team.  Haha.  

Just thought I'd give a quick update.  Tomorrow, my son graduates from college!!!  I'm a proud dad...

He also has a job lined up already.  Starts a week from Monday.  He's grown up to be a pretty good kid.  I still miss watching him play baseball, but one thing I'm really happy about is he still loves the game.  We still talk baseball and watch some Braves games together. 

Anyway, just thought I'd let you all know.  Baseball is over, but life is good.

bballman posted:

Just thought I'd give a quick update.  Tomorrow, my son graduates from college!!!  I'm a proud dad...

He also has a job lined up already.  Starts a week from Monday.  He's grown up to be a pretty good kid.  I still miss watching him play baseball, but one thing I'm really happy about is he still loves the game.  We still talk baseball and watch some Braves games together. 

Well done bballman! Great news. He must still love the game if he will watch Braves games with you!

Steve A. posted:
bballman posted:

Well done bballman! Great news. He must still love the game if he will watch Braves games with you!

Congratulations on his graduation. No easy task playing baseball and keeping up with classes!

bballman posted:

Has S thought about giving lessons?  *HINT HINT HINT*

TPM posted:
Steve A. posted:
bballman posted:

Congratulations on his graduation. No easy task playing baseball and keeping up with classes!

Not easy at all.  It took him an extra year, but I'm glad that he stuck with it. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.