Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I'm a big Patriots fan....have been my whole life. Gosh, they used to be horrible. I find it incredibly ironic that the Pats won a Super Bowl before the Red Sox won a World Series in my lifetime. I never saw that coming.

Sports is all about matchups. Lord, Bob Kraft and Bill Belichick please forgive me for what I'm about to write......I don't see the Pats matching up well against the Giants. Eli will shred their secondary, and Brady will spend his evening on his back due to the Giants defensive pressure. An unlimited time of Patiots preparation is not going to change the outcome of this game. With that off my chest, I'm still rooting for the Pats.

Giants 35
Patiots 21

Take the 3.5 points and buy something nice with it!
quote:
Originally posted by fenwaysouth:
I don't see the Pats matching up well against the Giants.

You really think so? I think they'll figure out how to give Brady some time. It doesn't matter who wins, to me. I like Tom Coughlin, more than Bill Bellichek, so I'll root for the Giants, first. If they are winning at halftime, I'll switch to the Patriots.

It will be hard to top the conference championships, tho. They were great games.
Giants 45 Patriots 17

Giants defense has gotten healthy and has become in a short time, the top defense in the NFL. Giants offense very explosive and Giant defense, who wasn't healthy and playing well when they beat NE 20-17 earlier this year should even be better but I expect Brady will put up some points but Eli will carve up the NE secondary and have a huge game. I just don't think this will be a close game.

This Patriots defense is not the 2007 defense which was one of the best in the NFL.

What is surprising is NE going off as a 3 point favorite. I thought the Giants would be a 3-7 point favorite.

But the underdog role is fine. Giants travel well as road warriors.

As for the AFC & NFC Championship games, they were two great games and any one of these four teams could've got to the SB. It very easily could've been Bal vs SF but didn't happen...What a weekend!
Last edited by zombywoof
There is no way the Giants are going to score that many points. And the Patriots will score more than that. So even though I have never disagreed with you before in my entire life Gamer, I have to do it this time. My integrity will just not allow me to do it.

Giants 97
Patriots 4

If the Giants can pressure Brady they win and may win going away. If they can not its going to be a shoot out and anyone's game.
quote:
Originally posted by birdman14:
Huge Jet fan. My worst nightmare

I truly don't know who to root for! Confused

Have a bunch buddies that are Jet fans and must confess to a certain amount of amusement and a little bit of pleasure in thier agony. Don't feel great about that but I am sure it'll pass.

I actually think that there may be a curse on the Jets that is almost Ruthian from Joe Willey in Supe III. They are about half way to being the Red Sox.
Don't really care who wins - no dog in this particular fight. I just want a good, close game.

I am going to root for the Pats because Brady was my fantasy QB this year (though I did have Hakeem Nicks as well...hmmmm), but I often find myself rooting for a different team than I thought I would in situations like this. Hell, I even rooted for the Ducks in the Rose Bowl, and I thought that would be impossible!

I agree with Zomby that the Giants D has gotten healthy and on a roll at the right time of the year (though calling them the best D in the NFL is a bit of a stretch). So much of how this goes depends on Eli. If he has a good game, I think the Giants win by at least 10. The Patriots' D is porous, so if he is on at all, it will be a long day for the Pats' secondary.

I just have a feeling he is going to struggle though, and I don't see the Giants running game carrying the day if that happens.

Bottom line: lower scoring game than most people will think, and I think the Patriots win by a field goal, 24-21.
quote:
Originally posted by Coach_May:
There is no way the Giants are going to score that many points. And the Patriots will score more than that. So even though I have never disagreed with you before in my entire life Gamer, I have to do it this time. My integrity will just not allow me to do it.

Giants 97
Patriots 4

If the Giants can pressure Brady they win and may win going away. If they can not its going to be a shoot out and anyone's game.

Coach - your post has me convinced.

I am officially changing my prediction to

Giants 97
Patriots 4

Smile
As a Michigander, I hate them both and their MLB counterparts moreso but lean to Brady's side as a former UofM'er. Will lean somewhat to the NYG Defense with their stout D-line and that BC kid that recovered from cancer.

In the end I don't really care as long as my squares hit and win our annual poker game!!!!!

Prediction:
Red Sox 34
Yankees 37, on a last minute Tynes field goal.
I can't tell you all how happy I am for a local kid, Mark Herzlich. We got to know the Herzlich family way back in flag football and have been friends ever since. They are all wonderful people. They have been through an amazing journey. It's not over, yet.

In 1998, I had no doubt this big burly kid with the big curly mop would play in the NFL, some day. I had no idea it would go like this for him, but I knew he'd get there, one way or another. Well, he made it. And, hopefully, he's gonna dress on Sunday. (I think Tom Coughlin will do it.)

If you are not familiar with the story...

Herzlich's courage is true inspiration
Last edited by AntzDad

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.