Skip to main content

Hickory 10, Kings Fork 0
Mason Dunlow hits his 2nd HR of the year.

Grassfield 8, WB 1
15 walks between the 2 teams. I heard it was ugly.

===============
@robyounce & @seethegear on Twitter & Instagram

WWBA World Champions (Jupiter) - 2013, 2014, 2015

17u PG World Series - 2013

17u WWB Champions - 2014

16u WWB Champions - 2013, 2010, 2009

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Indian River 10, Nansemond River 2.

Junior Dean Ali hit his 2nd HR in 3 games, a 3-run shot. Senior lefty Chris Cartwright pitched 6 solid innings before Junior Matt Dickason shut the door in the 7th. Junior Josh Carter made some great plays at 3B to keep NR at bay.

The Braves scored 10 runs in the first inning, but couldn't finish off the tough Warriors team.

More details to come.
Last edited by RiverBaseball24
Striike 3, I may be missing it but I don’t see where anyone was blaming the umpire like you suggested. DCHEAT referenced a tight strike zone for a WB pitcher AND a GF pitcher. While an umpire may have been consistent, consistent is not accurate. I don’t recall any baseball rules defining a strike zone with the word consistent. Have seen too many umps in rec ball consistently call pitches at the ankles as strikes. Consistent but not accurate. Should an umpire be allowed to decide at the beginning of a game that each side is to have 4 outs per half inning? That would be consistent but not in compliance with baseball rules. All baseball rules have a defined strike zone; umpires should learn to call it.
That's interesting, Steinbrenner, but how can we expect our local umps to call what the guys in the Big Leagues won't call? The strike at the waist and at the knees does not exist in the Bigs often times. Since calling a game is subjective, it is impossible to be "accurate". "Accurate" is an ideal that will never be acheived. A pitcher is taught (should be taught) that umpires, like all humans, are fallible and make errors. Control what you can control, and move on. There is no "vacinity rule" in the books, but everyone agrees that it exists. Baseball is beautiful for these nuances, if nothing else.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.