Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

2011 talent or top 15U Teams (most teams not age pure and play 16U)

IMO and I have seen them recently

1. Dallas Yankees - Very Strong
2. Dallas Patriots 1st Team - Very disciplined.
3. McKinney Marshals 1st Team - New team/improving.
4. Dallas Mustangs 1st Team - Some days very good.

Marshals and Mustangs could be a tie - very close.

* Dallas Panthers were very good, but do not exist.
FD,
Georgia Seminoles are a GREAT team. We've battled that team for years. DeShields is probably their biggest impact player...IMO. I hear that Rick Cosper has taken over that team again. Any truth to that?

I hear the Dallas Giants 15's are doing ok this year. Beat the D-Bat 16's a couple weeks ago in a tournament to make it to the ship against the Dallas Patriots 16's (1st team) Cool They are a throw-together of the Panthers from last year and the Giants from last year.
Last edited by Jewels4Baseball
the seminoles are very talented.

are michael gill of flower mound marcus and skyler ewing of arlington high still on the team?

they are two top texas players that were on team mannatech that went to japan last summer with 1 arlington A's kid, a few dallas mustangs, and a few dallas yankees.

the best team hands down of the 2011 age group is the East Cobb Astros.
While M Gill and S Ewing are good players, they are not the "impact players" they may have been at 12U and 13U.

Many 12/13 year old stars are not shining as bright as before, for a variety of reasons.

Things change.

Yes Ewing is all over the map, bouncing from team to team.

Saw M Gill play several times in the last year and he was no impact or threat. He was incredible at age 13. Lots of hype.
If you are interested in top 2011 talent, you should be following this event and watching some of these kids play...they are all right here in north Dallas this weekend. http://www.premierbaseball.net

Premier Baseball News
07/10/2008
Freshman Championship

CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND starts today

Top seeds winners are.....

1. East Cobb Astros

2. Columbia Angels Blue Ryan

3. South Texas Sliders White

4. McKinney Marshals Gold

and 20 more
quote:
Originally posted by collikar:
quote:
Originally posted by Panther Dad:
FD -- he has a bright future unless the coach screws him up. Cool

I hate it when that happens. LOL (teasing FD)

That reminds me of a quote that I keep in my office..."sometimes the best coaching that I do is the coaching that I DON'T do."

I'll try to not mess him, or the rest of the Marcus kids, up too much! Big Grin
Reading other forums that certain memebers from this forum have been on.. You need to practice what you preach! You said that no one should be calling out players / coaches, and you did just that on this forum, but contradicted yourself on the other forum stating that no one should be calling out anyone player / coach in a negative fashion? Well, which is going to be?

Let's just get to it shall we? I have known the two players you are "calling out" ... Ewing and Gill for years and my son has had the honor of playing with these boys over the years.

Ewing and Gill are both awesome players that play with all heart.

As far as Ewing not being an impact player?... His GRAND SLAM HOMERUN at age 14 (not 12 or 13) seemed to have an "IMPACT"" on the Japanese that day. He also hit several homeruns this year in HS. This fact seemed to have been left out when the comment was made. Thought interested parties may want to know this.

The comments about Ewing's arm being injured and overused...Well, coaches didn't seem to mind when he was in Japan and all the other boys were too tired and sore to pitch. He was the only one that stepped up and asked for the ball. I wonder if the coaches ever told him that he had pitched or caught too much and needed a break?

As far as his arm and what I know about it now is that it is just fine and the last time he was clocked throwing in the mid 80's and shut down DBAT 16 for four innings in July of 08'. Not too shabby!

People wonder why he changes teams? Maybe he is looking for a coach that will look out for his best interest vs. getting the win.

My purpose here is to enlighten these few coaches on the fact that they are not telling the "whole" truth about the areas top 2011 players.

If you are going to use this forum to talk about players, it should only be in a positive manner, not to "bash" or make yourself or those you care about look better.

People /caoches / parents are free to offer their opinions.. and know that one person's opinion of a player can be different from another. That is why this forum should not be used to attack / "call out" any ball player regardless of skill level, but rather focus on the positive qualities players can offer to a club or team.

This area holds great talent - and as coaches / parents / fans of this great sport, we should be honored if any of these boys play beyond HS. If you have had an opportunity to know great talent over the years then just be happy for them that they get to play a game that we all love everyday!
quote:
Originally posted by JoeDi:
..... Ewing and Gill are both awesome players that play with all heart.
As far as his arm and what I know about it now is that it is just fine and the last time he was clocked throwing in the mid 80's and shut down DBAT 16 for four innings in July of 08'. Not too shabby!...

When did Ewing play against the DBAT 16's in July? DBAT 16's played the Dallas Panthers-Blue 3 times in June, but never in July. Maybe it was for another team, but it was not for the Panthers...could you expound on this, as I am just curious?
Last edited by Dillon
quote:
Originally posted by Dtiger:
Part of the problem SWAC might've been that I don't have a right button on my mouse because I'm on a laptop and I don't know where I can get that function.

Dtiger on your laptop they are called the Touch Pad, there is a left and right. Smile JAFO if the players today had only played packman.
Last edited by SWAC
quote:
Originally posted by JoeDi:
Reading other forums that certain memebers from this forum have been on.. You need to practice what you preach! You said that no one should be calling out players / coaches, and you did just that on this forum, but contradicted yourself on the other forum stating that no one should be calling out anyone player / coach in a negative fashion? Well, which is going to be?

Let's just get to it shall we? I have known the two players you are "calling out" ... Ewing and Gill for years and my son has had the honor of playing with these boys over the years.

Ewing and Gill are both awesome players that play with all heart.

As far as Ewing not being an impact player?... His GRAND SLAM HOMERUN at age 14 (not 12 or 13) seemed to have an "IMPACT"" on the Japanese that day. He also hit several homeruns this year in HS. This fact seemed to have been left out when the comment was made. Thought interested parties may want to know this.

The comments about Ewing's arm being injured and overused...Well, coaches didn't seem to mind when he was in Japan and all the other boys were too tired and sore to pitch. He was the only one that stepped up and asked for the ball. I wonder if the coaches ever told him that he had pitched or caught too much and needed a break?

As far as his arm and what I know about it now is that it is just fine and the last time he was clocked throwing in the mid 80's and shut down DBAT 16 for four innings in July of 08'. Not too shabby!

People wonder why he changes teams? Maybe he is looking for a coach that will look out for his best interest vs. getting the win.

My purpose here is to enlighten these few coaches on the fact that they are not telling the "whole" truth about the areas top 2011 players.

If you are going to use this forum to talk about players, it should only be in a positive manner, not to "bash" or make yourself or those you care about look better.

People /caoches / parents are free to offer their opinions.. and know that one person's opinion of a player can be different from another. That is why this forum should not be used to attack / "call out" any ball player regardless of skill level, but rather focus on the positive qualities players can offer to a club or team.

This area holds great talent - and as coaches / parents / fans of this great sport, we should be honored if any of these boys play beyond HS. If you have had an opportunity to know great talent over the years then just be happy for them that they get to play a game that we all love everyday!

JoeDi,
If you're going to use my quote and imply that I'm "calling out" a player, you should probably read the posts in this topic carefully! I NEVER made a derrogatory or negative remark about either of the two players in question on this public forum. I simply stated the teams that they were on this year. These are 15 yr old boys we're talking about. As far as my remarks toward a certain poster on this forum in another topic, I believe that when you make derrogatory remarks about a coach, it only fuels the fire. And although we all want to believe that nobody takes to heart what is said here, we all know that's not the case. Coaching/Teaching is how these guys pay their bills.

I wish the two boys (named in this topic) nothing but the best as they are both great athletes.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.