Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by go pirates:
hardnose hasn't been around enough to know better

Don't listen to this BS, Hardnose. On this site, they talk about T-ball, Obama, Tim Tebow's eye-black, gun control, Men's jokes, Womens jokes, and of all things...Karma. You can dang sure talk about Freshmen baseball players if you want to, and nothing bad will happen to the world. The reason these threads have titles on them is so the old-timer's can pass them over if they just can't deal with idea of reading a topic they're a little tired of.
Speaking of Jovan Hernandez: I saw him up close over the weekend in a tournament. He has a great arm, good bat, and decent speed. He does have a good attitude & isn't too cocky. He isn't big, but he did break a high quality aluminum bat in half (about 8 inches up from the handle). Umpiring in the DABA (college summer league), I've seen a lot of broken WOOD bats- but I've never seen an aluminum bat break straight across. He seems pretty mature physically right now, but if continues to grow- he will be something special.
if you missed a small heath-hp playoff series report...

it gave a little love for jovan and thompson

Heath has players all over the place to beat the Scotties in a 2-game sweep both at Highland Park.. Hawks have won 20 of last 21

A Heath vs. TxHi-Poteet winner should be awesome series...

In 5-1 win Friday, Heath got another HR from VerHagen, the 6-6 OU signee had HR's in both series games.. RF Drew Baxter hit an opposite field 390-footer to rightcenter as Heath's big hit...

Heath of course has Drew Benefield but there a plenty of other young players... SS is one of best defensive guys around...think it's Trevor Holland ... he's not brandon loy, but Holland is pretty good with glove...

Freshman Jovan Hernandez has come of of nowhere...to be a good finisher and can play several positions (where did he come from anyway?) and was the Game 1 star... 6-3 freshman 1B Jake Thompson is a good prospect...

Junior RHP James Baune had a complete-game for Game 2 win... very solid, pounded strike zone for most part ... Heath has hitters all through lineup with CF Matt Bielski and of course charlie martin
Evidently,4 Sport said something about Big Train's son. The reply has been removed now. But I will add this: BIG TRAIN,if your son pitches for the 16 Tigers and goes to Heath (10th next year), I saw him pitch this summer in a tournament. His 2 seam fast ball moved in on the righties, control was good, curve ball effective, and his mound presence was impressive. He and Jovan should be the foundation for Heath in the next 3 years. I've seen both of them behind the dish, and colleges will be calling in a few years. Good luck
Edited by moderator -- 4sport -- I want to believe that you're an ok guy/gal/kid that just really doesn't do a very good job
at issuing an apology (it seems that was at least your partial intent?). I accept the spirit of many of these posts as
recognition of two solid young players. I cannot suspend your ID/screen name, but others can, and they are ready
to take that action because of ongoing complaints. For those that are registering complaints with the site owner -- you might
consider whether or not this site brings you reward/benefit/pleasure. Legitimate issues will be handled. No one will find
enjoyment in over-reaction.

Friends, some here are uncomfortable with constant discussion of their sons. Please be sensitive to how they might feel....
better yet, consider how you might feel in their place. PM me if you want to discuss it further. And, I am not particularly
interested in a history lesson or a rehash of water that's well over the dam. Thanks.

-PD

============================================================================================================

yes- anyone who has seen these two kids knows they are both super talented and have really bright futures. heath will rock
and roll over the next few years with these two. and from all accounts they are both great kids to boot.
Last edited by Panther Dad
Watching alot of ball this summer - DBAT Phillips has alot to offer for upcoming Sophmores/Juniors

Zach Thompson - Grace Prep 6'5 RHP 2011 grad, brother is in Minor system for Rangers -a top prospect to watch

Mike Hoffman - 2012 out of Martin HS/Arlington -RHP - big kid 6'3 probably around 190lbs. Can hit the ball deep as well - Heard he hit a GS the other night.

Nick Hendrix - LHP out of Martin as well - Great off speed stuff - just nasty

These boys have been throwing the ball well this summer against competition and from what I heard did well in HS too.
-Brett Byrum (2012)/ Rowlett/ Dallas Tigers- Ingram, Dallas Tigers- Autrey
-Jovan Hernandez (2012)/ Rockwall Heath/ DBAT Mustangs- Bothun
-Jacob Thompson (2012)/ Rockwall Heath/ Dallas Tigers- Ingram
-Kolbey Carpenter (2012)/ West/ Dallas Tigers-Ingram
-Sam Hearn (2012)/ Grapevine/ Dallas Tigers- Ingram,Dallas Patriots
-Austin McDonald (2012)/ Plano West/ Texas Cardinals
-Jherremya Leuta Douyere (2012)/ Keller ?../ Texas Blackhawks 14u
- Christian Gonzales (2012)/ Colleyville/ Texas Blackhawks 14u/17u
-Tiger Smith (2012)/?/ Dallas Tigers- Ingram
-Dallas Alderton (2012)/Parish Episcopal /DBAT Mustangs- Blue
-Mike Hoffman (2012)/ Arlington Martin/ DBAT Mustangs-Phillips
-Nick Hendrix (2012)/ Arlington Martin/ DBAT Mustangs-Phillips
-Heath Donica (2012)/ Corsicana/ BLBA Black
-Collin Sherod (2012)/ Naaman Forest/DBAT Mustangs-Johnson
-Taylor Perez (2012)/ Mansfield Timberview/ Arlington A's

-Nick Gillespie (2013)/ Rowlett/ Dallas Tigers- Oldham
-Stephen Calliet (2013)/ Mabank/ Banditos Black 14u/ Houston Banditos 16u
-Holden Grounds (2013)/ Corsicana/ BLBA Black
-Sheldon Neusse (2013)/ Keller Fossil Ridge/ Texas Blackhawks 14u/17u

A few more of the names in the 2012 & 2013 classes to look out for next year. They all are making impacts on their summer teams and they will possibly make an impact on their Varsity teams next year.
Last edited by hardnosedgamer55
Also add:

-Jake Baxter (2012)/ Rockwall Heath/DBAT Mustangs-Bothun
-Grayson Lewis (2012)/Rockwall Heath/DBAT Mustangs-Bothun
-Connor Reed (2012)/Plano Senior High/Dallas Patriots 15u
-Toran Tillotson (2012)/ Plano West/ Dallas Patriots 15u
-Brandon McMillon (2012)/ Red Oak/ Dallas Redds 15u
-Hunter Courson (2012)/ Naaman Forrest/DBAT Mustangs-Blue 14u, DBAT Mustangs Chamblee
-Zach Metzger (2012)/Sunnyvale/Dallas Tigers-Ingram

-Blake Seaton (2013)/ ?/ DBAT Mustangs Southwest
-David Szanto (2013)/?/ DBAT Mustangs Blue
-Ronnie Gideon (2013)/ Hallsville/ DBAT Mustangs Blue
-Wade Oliver (2013)/ Wichita Falls ?../ DBAT Mustangs Blue
-Jett Meenach (2013)/ ?/ Dallas Tigers-Oldham
-Jordan Gibbs (2013)/?/ Dallas Tigers-Oldham
-Dillon Harp (2013)/Argyle?/ Dallas Tigers-Oldham
-Billy McKinney (2013)/ Plano West/ DBAT Mustangs-Blue
-Valente Canada (2013)/Haltom/ Texas Blackhawks 14u
-Jake Wymer (2012)/Fossil Ridge/ Texas Blackhawks
Last edited by hardnosedgamer55
There are several 2012's in district 9-4A that should make significant contributions to their varsity teams -- some already did as Freshmen:

Swanke - Wakeland/DBAT
Miller - FS/FR ROPE
Hermelin - Mck/DBAT
Sherrod - NFHS/DBAT
kid from Mck No., don't know his name -- LHP that is a 2012-looks like he has a good future
Why no mention of any kids from the DBAT Southwest team? They finished 5th at the Elite 32 this year and are ranked 5th in the nation by Travelball Select. Zach Gilbreath was a regional finalist with Amateur Baseball Report and USSSA for the USSSA All-American Games in Florida. He is a freshman at Mansfield High this year. Also, Quintin Rohrbaugh, the best shortstop around and a huge bat, freshman at Bowie. Both are playing in the MetroScout League this fall.
quote:
Originally posted by bambinosdad13:
Why no mention of any kids from the DBAT Southwest team? They finished 5th at the Elite 32 this year and are ranked 5th in the nation by Travelball Select. Zach Gilbreath was a regional finalist with Amateur Baseball Report and USSSA for the USSSA All-American Games in Florida. He is a freshman at Mansfield High this year. Also, Quintin Rohrbaugh, the best shortstop around and a huge bat, freshman at Bowie. Both are playing in the MetroScout League this fall.

You just mentioned them. Big Grin

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.