Skip to main content

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE THIS TYPE OF INJURY. HE IS LEFT HANDED AND BREAK/TEAR IS LEFT SIDED. MRI SHOWED THE DAMAGE....WE ARE WAITING ON REPORT CONCERNING SURGICAL REPAIR OR NOT. LOOKING FOR ANYONE WHO HAS EXPERIENCED THIS INJURY THAT CAN GIVE US ANY INFORMATION ON WHAT TO EXPECT NOW AND AFTERWARDS. THANK YOU.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Sorry for the delay. We have had many Dr visits. Scheduling surgery to put in pins and repair tear. He is 16 and in 10th grade. Tell me that this makes a difference in a good way TRhit! He has had alot of good throwing the ball with a favorable future. Left handed, movement, and velocity. Hope it does not end here!
No it was not a fall. The orthapedic team Doctor thinks that it was from lifting weights. The wrist snapped. He did not feel any pain, but could not grip a ball later that day. Swelling and pain came the next day and not really alot of that. He has such natural movement on the ball I just hope this does not disrupt this nor the velocity. This is his one and only sport and he loves it. It would be sad for him to get taken out. These sporting activities are strong motivators for grades, character, community service and goals that players have for themselves. They can make the difference between a good kid involved or a kid with too much extra time finding trouble. Thank you very much for the article info.
BBB,

Post surgery interview several physical therapists until you find one you and your son are comfortable with. Your orthopod more than likely already works with a few in your area but this will be paramoint for recovery and return to the field.

Not all therapists are created the same and some who were not athletes or who don't deal with athletes are far too conservative even when not warranted. I promote a very conservative approach however when the doctor has released the athlete and structurally there are no boundaries a more aggressive approach is needed for most athletes to regain that last 15% of strength, mobility and overcome the psychological boudary that will inevitably be there.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.