Skip to main content

For those who have been around for a while I just wanted to let everyone know that TPM had successful back surgery yesterday and is recovering in the hospital. She had been in a tremendous amount of pain (and other symptoms) due to Cervical Spondylosis with Myelopathy and will hopefully experience a lot of relief after recovering from surgery. She has been a knowledgeable and caring part of this community for a long time so join me in wishing her a full recovery!

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Thank you everyone so very much. This has been one of my life's greatest challenges.  Needless to say, I haven't been a happy camper.  I had 2 vertabrae replaced, with fusion. My pre op symptoms are subsiding and I get fitted for a permanent brace on wed, 4-6 weeks. This medical procedure is scary but amazing.  Took surgeon an hour and 45 minutes start to finish!

Thanks again.

TPM

@TMM_Dad posted:

I just saw this thread. I hope you are back to as close to fine as can be. Best wishes.

Well as stated above, I had cervical discs replaced almost 2 months ago and well it's been kind of hellish, though I went to my 3rd bb game tonight.

My full recovery will take 9 months approximately.  PT 3x a week for almost 6 weeks now. If I am lucky my neck brace may be removed wed and I go into a soft brace and more PT. I am doing better but I may have some permanent issues left arm and hand due to the spinal cord compression. The worst is wearing a mask AND a neck brace at the same time.

Thank you all for the get well wishes!

BK

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.