Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Don't assume most credits won't transfer. NAIA and NCAA is the sports governing body and has nothing to do with quality of education or value of classes taken. Weather or not courses transfer has nothing to do with their athletic afilliation. As far as talking to the coaches you are not in high school anymore so talk to whomever you want whenever you want.
quote:
Originally posted by plash3:
Don't assume most credits won't transfer. NAIA and NCAA is the sports governing body and has nothing to do with quality of education or value of classes taken. Weather or not courses transfer has nothing to do with their athletic afilliation. As far as talking to the coaches you are not in high school anymore so talk to whomever you want whenever you want.

plash, while I agree with the 1st part of your post about whether or not some credits do/don't transfer is probably correct. Most core classes do transfer, while most religious classes, etc. won't.

The second part of your post is rather irresponsible as far as "talk to whomever you want". There is a thing called the "permission-to-contact" letter that must be written by the AD of the current NCAA/NAIA school to the coach/AD of the institution you want to attend and play. Then and only then can the other school's coach contact you.

It's important that we all know our P's and Q's while giving out advise.
If you'd take the time to look yourself at the "rule book", you wouldn't risk looking irresponsible again my friend. Alas.

Know when you need to get permission to talk to another school

Generally, if you’re now going full time to an NCAA or NAIA four-year school and you want to transfer to an NCAA school to play, your current school’s athletics director must give written permission to the new coach or member of the athletics staff before you or your parents can talk with one of them. That’s called having a permission-to-contact letter.
You may write to any NCAA college saying that you’re interested in transferring, but the new coach must not discuss transfer opportunities with you unless he or she has received written permission from your current school.
If your current school does not give you permission, another school cannot contact you and encourage you to transfer. This does not preclude you from transferring; however, if the new school is in Division I or II, you cannot receive an athletics scholarship until you have attended the new school for one year.
Also, if your current school officials do not give you permission to transfer, they must tell you in writing that you have a right to appeal your case. In that instance, a panel of people from your current school who are not involved in athletics will meet to decide the issue.
plash, you continue to crack me up. Just how many times can you open your mouth and insert foot? lol.

You give "sound" advise to shortstop2007 in your 2nd post here to "check out the rule book", but when it's suggested that you too "find the rule book" to read so that you may not only have said advise but can then give it correctly, you get offended. These experts on here that are wise have spent many a day researching on the 'net about the how-to's, how come's, and what's next. They did so they can give solid advise. Personally, I've never had the nerve to give advise on something if I didn't know what the heck I was talking about or on. I gave you help and guidance..or at least I thought I did.

And I'm the last one you want to rely on here on this forum. What I know is very little. Others here like TRHit, TPM, Coach May, Fungo, etc. would run circles around me due to thier vast experiences.

As far as royalty...well....no need to bow...lol.
Last edited by YoungGunDad
jbb,

Not sure where you are going with that, but in previous post on transfers, some have felt that transferring because of playing time or a bad fit you were quitting. As a parent you were wrong for allowing them to transfer and setting a bad example.
I totally disagreed with that and got hammered by some of the royalty on the site!

But to answer your question, Yea, I've quit a job for better pay, or I changed jobs because there was no chance for advancement. Does that make me a quitter?
I guess to the experts it does!
I guess I should have read ALL of the posts more closely in the thread.....

My son is entering college this fall and will be playing for a DI program. We preached to him all along to find a school with a fit not only for baseball but for the school as well.

Not sure I would generally classify him as a quitter if by chance he would ultimately transfer.

He is truly excited about the school and program he is playing for. And we are excited for the opportunity he has been given.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.