Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Several of my son's teammates work with Tread Athletics and my son is just starting out going through their assessment phase. It seems like a very comprehensive program. From what I understand, they require a 12-month commitment (at least for college level, not sure for younger players) but you can scale services up and down a bit depending upon where you are in the season. I can let you know how my son likes it once he gets into it.

My son worked with them for a year. Smart guys with a customized approach. Unfortunately we did not see the results that we hoped. My 2022 only gained 2 mph on his fastball after a year with Tread.  When it came time for renewal we were told that velocity growth is not linear but I couldn’t swing another round. I think part of it was the fact that there was no relationship in between my son and his assigned coach. They just never clicked and it never worked. I would not do it again. I know I’m in the minority here.

Last edited by MuskyShane

You can negotiate the duration. My kid went for 6 months and the elbow injury ended it. He did have significant velo jumps, he is a C and OF and they tailored the lifting throwing and nutrition. He did have a good connection with his trainer but it is remote. I did ask the kid to consider "that guy" in MA if doing remote or train at a facility near us.

@2022NYC posted:

You can negotiate the duration. My kid went for 6 months and the elbow injury ended it. He did have significant velo jumps, he is a C and OF and they tailored the lifting throwing and nutrition. He did have a good connection with his trainer but it is remote. I did ask the kid to consider "that guy" in MA if doing remote or train at a facility near us.

Who is "That Guy" in MA?  I have competition?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.