Skip to main content

I found out this morning that our very own TRHit, Tom Rizzi, passed away. He has made an impact on a great deal of lives and I'd venture to guess that everyone that has crossed paths with him on the diamond, off the diamond, and on the web remembers him. Countless members of HSBBWeb have received Tom's help in finding the right college and the right way to get seen by the right schools on the recruiting trail. I don't want to go on too long because I cannot begin to say what he has meant to many of us.

Tom realized, by reading some things I had posted on HSBBWeb (and in our chat room), that he was in a position to help me get noticed by the right schools. He worked with my family to make that happen and at the time, all I knew was that I had an extremely positive experience with College Select that I would never forget. In the long term, Tom was instrumental in pointing me towards and getting me noticed by the perfect school for me. After injury, baseball was out of the picture but thanks in part to Tom's guidance I was already at a place where I could realize my dreams.

I'm sure many others can share stories of Tom's unmistakable posting style, his unmatched experience and sage advice, and his kind heart. Please think about Tom and his family today.

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

So sorry to hear this and condolences to his family. A very outspoken man with very definite opinions about baseball  and all that goes along with it on a message board. Never met him in real life but read his posts for year's. He was a constant contributed here and often clashed with other posters but I felt it was good to see all sides of issues. 

Sorry to hear about Tom's passing..... while I haven't been on the HSBBW in a while I thought it only appropriate that I share in the sadness of his passing.  Tom and I exchanged messages up until a few weeks ago.  While I disagreed with TRHit on some things I always considered him my friend and I always respected his opinions.... he will be missed here on the HSBBW for sure.... but I also find solace knowing the Lord has a baseball man in His dugout now.
R.I.P my friend.
Fungo 

Wow, I am at a loss for words.  Tom has been a solid contributor to this site since long before I joined.  This kind of took the wind out of my sails for today.

As some of you know, I went through a very hard time here on HSBBW a few years ago.  Our of nowhere, I got a phone call from Tom.  He was so supportive.  I appreciated his thoughtfulness so much!  I had noticed a slowdown in his posting and so, I sent him a pm.  I was so glad to get a response.  RIP Tom!  Thoughts and Prayers for you and your family.

In tribute to TR - I am going to feature this topic for the rest of the week.  I've spoken to him several times on the phone and he was an interesting person.  Here is an interview we did with him on hsbbweb radio.  He knew many people in the music business including the late Leslie West of Mountain (Mississippi Queen).  I never knew this piece of trivia, but it was Tom who revealed that Leslie West's real name was Leslie Weinstein... and now you know the rest of the story...  RIP Tom.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/c...-baseball-with-trhit

Friends,

I can not express how much we love your words.  As his stepson and with my mom (his wife) sitting here reading these, it just solidifies what we already knew about Tom.  Yes, he spoke his mind.  Yes, he did it his way.  Yes, he loved helping anyone he could in the baseball community on and off the field.  And Yes, he loved to stir the pot and get people worked up and see how it all settled.  We are in the middle of working on arraignments and I will be sure to post his obituary and any other information we can.  Please keep sharing. we love it.

Can someone please find the album cover and post it here? Oh my goodness!  I can't wait to read about his earlier life in his obituary. I for one would appreciate some more background on him. I am glad to see his family has access to the site as he was, as 08Dad pointed out, so much part of the fabric here. It really is a different place without him. Again my best to his family. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.