Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I've often thought about this rz1. It's a challenge. I think I'd go with Bill Cowher, Don Mattingly and my dad. I'd love to have a day with my dad because he passed away when I was 16.

Other people I'd have on my list just in case one of my top 3 was a no-show would be Derek Jeter, Alex Rodriguez, Jack Lambert, Roger Clemmens, Pete Carroll.

Driving up behind us would be Jessica Simpson, Kelly Monaco, Demi Moore, Jennifer Aniston as our personal beverage attendant / caddy.
Sorry to name drop but how's this for a real life foursome, Brooks Robinson, Gayle Sayers and Bobby Orr? I had a once in a lifetime chance to play a round of golf with all of them at an event we did a few years ago?

While teeing it up with Mr Sayers and Mr. Orr was very cool, I was in awe of meeting Brooks Robinson.

I can remember it like it was yesterday… 1970, game 5, attending my first World Series game. Brooks Robinson makes a diving backhand stab to take a sure double away from my hero Johnny Bench in the 5th. The $%#%^ then does it again in the 9th! From that time on I have had a true love/hate relationship with Mr. Robinson. He became my favorite “non Red” player of all time.

To actually play golf with him… it was such a great experience that I almost forgave him for what he did to my Reds. Almost, but not quite, the hurt runs deep.
Last edited by jerseydad
quote:
Something tells me JC would win pretty easily

It's just not fair to be able to "part" a water hazzard whenever there's a problem, and I think there may be some dress code issues to deal with.

Years ago I had a priest friend who occasionally marked his ball with an unblessed host. It really messes up the head of an oppossing player who has it in his line. He loved every minute of watching him squirm over a putt and not being able to say anything about it without it coming out in a bad way. I knew about his little game, finished my putt, and ate the snack. We were buddies after that.
Last edited by rz1

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.