Skip to main content

I don't post as much as I used to but I still read most posts. This site has been great to many families, ours being one of them. PO Jr playing days ended in 2018 with a loss in the schools first ever playoff appearance. After graduation, full time job accepted with a mobile app marketing company. Working full time during the day and MBA school at night. Two and half years later, and several promotions we are proud to say that he's done with school. PO Jr graduated with his MBA in December. He is moving out of CA with plans to buy a home in Austin TX.

Life after baseball exists, success because of baseball continues.

"Baseball is a Metaphor for Life" "Runs Determine the Outcome of the Game, Not Hits"

RIP Augie Garrido

Attachments

Images (2)
  • IMG_0088
  • The ring
Last edited by Picked Off
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Awesome. Congratulations. Giving up nights and Saturdays to get an MBA is hard to do. But baseball players understand having all their time committed and how to manage it.

My daughter said the time management, discipline and composure she learned playing softball in college made law school a lot easier than a lot of her classmates perceived it to be.

Last edited by RJM
@Shoveit4Ks posted:

Lake Travis is incredible, I’d prefer Lago Vista or Westlake. I lived there many years ago BK and loved it! I still have friends there and visit, it’s the most liberal, hippie-centric city in Texas but man is the music, food and vibe pretty cool. I’m sure he’ll love it.

Coming from San Francisco so he should fit right in with that vibe. He spent 2 months there earlier in the year and loved the food and all the outdoor activities. Several of his former teammates have landed in Austin so I'm guessing adult league ball of some sort in the future.

@Picked Off posted:

I don't post as much as I used to but I still read most posts. This site has been great to many families, ours being one of them. PO Jr playing days ended in 2018 with a loss in the schools first ever playoff appearance. After graduation, full time job accepted with a mobile app marketing company. Working full time during the day and MBA school at night. Two and half years later, and several promotions we are proud to say that he's done with school. PO Jr graduated with his MBA in December. He is moving out of CA with plans to buy a home in Austin TX.

Life after baseball exists, success because of baseball continues.

Update 1/15/21...Engaged!

Attachments

Images (1)
  • The ring
Last edited by Picked Off
@Picked Off posted:

Coming from San Francisco so he should fit right in with that vibe. He spent 2 months there earlier in the year and loved the food and all the outdoor activities. Several of his former teammates have landed in Austin so I'm guessing adult league ball of some sort in the future.

I'm in Lake Travis.  Good place to raise kids, which he may consider now that he's engaged. Westlake, Lakeway, Bee Cave, Dripping Springs are all good suburbs that are in that area.  There are great ones North too, I'm just not familiar with them.  

@baseballhs posted:

I'm in Lake Travis.  Good place to raise kids, which he may consider now that he's engaged. Westlake, Lakeway, Bee Cave, Dripping Springs are all good suburbs that are in that area.  There are great ones North too, I'm just not familiar with them.  

Thanks @baseballhs! Not sure where they will land yet. Two former teammates live in the area, one in Leander and the other in Dripping Springs. They will rent for a couple of months while looking for the right house to buy. Based on what I've seen, houses are selling quickly and most seem to get multiple offers.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.